Sign in to follow this  

AI discussion

With the latest patch released this week, I think all the major concerns of this game have been addressed already (not counting the lack of content tho, I'm talking about what's here). And I gotta say that I'm impressed that CM actually added all these fixes and improvements. The game certainly is quite better now, than on launch.

Still, I think there's one last thing to adress, and that's the AI. This is a common problem with other CM games, but for some reason I think is more noticeable here.

I don't know about you guys, but for me, I notice it the most on the Pro Truck series of races. In those, the AI is like super fast. I play on hard, with the assists on default, and you can't simply catch on another truck. You need to be a turn one heroe, and then try to endure the rest of the race.

However, the final race in one event is Okutama at night. In that one, the AI gets off the track consistently on turn one, every single lap, creating some huge crashes, and making the race easily winnable because of that.

Both things are wrong. So, please... try to look out for this, and make the AI more consistent. Challenging, but not insanely fast as it is on this particular series.

• Agree 1

I've mostly had the problem that the AI is too slow in the game...

Though I've definitely experienced the AI's driving off the track every lap especially on night condition.

A way to probably recreate it
Track: Indianapolis - Sport Circuit
Car: Anything that's fast
AI: Hardest
Time: Night

At least in my experience the AI seems to just overshot the corner from the second lap onwards as they arrive into T1 at a very high speed

• Agree 1

Sooooo true and the Problem with the AI is something I always have said. Too easy is too boring.... thank you that you have postet it there. Let's hope codemasters finally care about it....

I always think that having a completely impossible AI difficulty as the maximum would be optimal, as that'd mean I'd never get bored of the game because the AI underperforms.

Although there are still some good races to be had against the AI at some tracks 🙂 

• Agree 1

Some say the AI are too fast, some are saying too slow. The fact is, both are correct and intentional.

The reason you are seeing these differences is because of the varieties in AI personalities. There are over 300 different AI profiles. Some drivers are faster, some are slower. Some are braver into corners and more aggressive, others brake earlier give you more room. If you come up against a driver you know was quick in a previous race, chances are they're going to be fast in the next one - it's all about adapting to the situation with real, unpredictable racing. You can't expect to win every race.

By the way (in case you didn't know), if you're sick of Nick Whittle and there's a driver you want on your side, you can look to hire them as your teammate. The list of available ones are in the Profile menu.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

@CMTGK I think you are missing what people are saying, from a quick glance at the rather short thread:

• AI balancing issue between tracks: Hard AI is very hard on some tracks but too easy on others.
  • AI glitching: AI crashing or going off track and being unable to correct themselves (personally i have seen a group of cars rocking back and fore in Barcelona with nervous breakdowns)
  • Some people want harder AI so once AI is balanced correctly across tracks then they want an Insane level AI.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, GavinMac said:

@CMTGK I think you are missing what people are saying, from a quick glance at the rather short thread:

• AI balancing issue between tracks: Hard AI is very hard on some tracks but too easy on others.
  • AI glitching: AI crashing or going off track and being unable to correct themselves (personally i have seen a group of cars rocking back and fore in Barcelona with nervous breakdowns)
  • Some people want harder AI so once AI is balanced correctly across tracks then they want an Insane level AI.

Sooooo true for 100% You should be a developer in the grid team because you have understand me and the other people with the slow AI problems.... instead of the real grid team.... I think the better AI is just a dream for us....

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Some say the AI are too fast, some are saying too slow. The fact is, both are correct and intentional.

The reason you are seeing these differences is because of the varieties in AI personalities. There are over 300 different AI profiles. Some drivers are faster, some are slower. Some are braver into corners and more aggressive, others brake earlier give you more room. If you come up against a driver you know was quick in a previous race, chances are they're going to be fast in the next one - it's all about adapting to the situation with real, unpredictable racing. You can't expect to win every race.

By the way (in case you didn't know), if you're sick of Nick Whittle and there's a driver you want on your side, you can look to hire them as your teammate. The list of available ones are in the Profile menu.

read the text from GavinMac in this Thread to know the main Problem with the AI and tell it to the grid team please....  every AI Bot feels like the same for me, slow, okay in some Tracks they can be challenging but in the most Tracks they are even slower than Gary from Spongebob.... 😄

Edited by Katzenkralle91

On 3/4/2020 at 7:02 AM, CMTGK said:

Ummm as other guys said, I think you are missing the point. Yeah. What most of us refer to (myself included ) is:

Race 1 of a series, the IA go insanely fast. You barely can catch anyone.

Race 2 of the same series: IA go way slower, you can actually fight them and be on par with most of em

Race 3 of the same series: IA go off the track on turn 1 on every single lap, they crash each other trying to get back on track. You intantly win because of that.

I don't really think those things are intentional... 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 5:48 PM, Leocp said:

Ummm as other guys said, I think you are missing the point. Yeah. What most of us refer to (myself included ) is:

Race 1 of a series, the IA go insanely fast. You barely can catch anyone.

Race 2 of the same series: IA go way slower, you can actually fight them and be on par with most of em

Race 3 of the same series: IA go off the track on turn 1 on every single lap, they crash each other trying to get back on track. You intantly win because of that.

I don't really think those things are intentional... 

Hey Bro, I have already given up this game, 'cause they will never fix the AI I think....