DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 Informations

I asked Paul Jeal on Twitter last week if there was any news on F1 2020 and he replied “Should be confirmed fairly soon. Trying to get the info out as soon as we can.”

About the only news I’ve heard so far but assuming that as Codemasters have had to model 2 completely new tracks for this season (which have also only recently been finished building for the new F1 season) probably means a lot of work for the developers to have to model so not expecting the new game to be released quite as early as last year but I’d love to be proved wrong. I’m sure we’ll hear some news in the coming weeks.

Last year F1 2019 was announced at the end of March but prior years were announced in May so would expect to hear something within that time frame if history is anything to go by 👍

• Like 1

It would be great if they also manage to model Mugello.

Edited by iosis

After Codemasters acquired SMS Studios, I at least believe that the next game should have a graphical enhancement over last year's game.

SMS's games Project CARS and Project CARS 2 had some very great graphics, so I predict the graphics for F1 2020 would look substantially better than F1 2019.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Involved In It said:

After Codemasters acquired SMS Studios, I at least believe that the next game should have a graphical enhancement over last year's game.

SMS's games Project CARS and Project CARS 2 had some very great graphics, so I predict the graphics for F1 2020 would look substantially better than F1 2019.

I doubt it.

E: As in I doubt it that acquiring SMS is what will make the graphics different, but just the normal better graphics every year thing Codies have going on (F1 2018 and 2019 were both said to include great looking graphics when they were released)

Edited by UP100
See E:
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

do you think we will get f1 2020 game informations this week? last year it was the thursday in this week. 

Edited by gabsn123

On 3/4/2020 at 1:16 AM, Involved In It said:

We're not going to get any significant graphical improvements unless/until they re-write the EGO engine again, which I doubt we'll see happening before the next gen consoles are released.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

To be honest we may have to look at it this way with the way the world is at the moment there may even be no F1 2020 this year we may have to be realistic about it. We may not like it but we should start thinking about all the developers & how it is affecting them at the moment if most of this country is on Lockdown & can only go outside for essential things & go to work & with Pubs,Clubs & Restaurants being closed down to try & slow down the spread of the virus how are the developers going to be able to finish the game in time also I dont think Videogames are essential part of living so we deal with certain yearly franchises not being released sorry to burst all of your bubbles but I am just being honest. Plus we have no Idea what is happening with the 2020 F1 season at the moment we know they have brought the summer break forward but it might even be cancelled altogether that is why they have posponed the 2021 season rule change in to the 2022 season. 

Edited by dangerousbrian0

Hard to know what will happen this year but I'm expecting a significant delay in the 2020 game. Was looking forward to racing the new tracks but that might not even happen in real life now. 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:16 AM, Involved In It said:

This is very true, and I would love a Project Cars 2 type of game developed by Codies. A game that features many of the famous tracks. It doesn't have to be a GT with over 400 cars but it can be a game with high track variety and car variety. #firstpost 🙂

19 hours ago, ericaltm said:

This is very true, and I would love a Project Cars 2 type of game developed by Codies. A game that features many of the famous tracks. It doesn't have to be a GT with over 400 cars but it can be a game with high track variety and car variety. #firstpost 🙂

Welcome to the forums! 🙂 

• Like 1