Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I choose championship level?

It took me 8 hours of driving to finally win my first rally on Clubman level. I did not, however, win the Championship. Nevertheless, I got promoted to "Professional" - does this mean I don't get to try and win the Clubman again? Can I not choose which level championship I want to drive? I don't see that option anywhere.

Dirt Rally's career is structured more like an online sports simulation game's league is. The championships are structured such that your aim should probably be to win the top division championship in your car class, rather than going from event to event and beating everything like a to-do list.

The idea is that even if you aren't the overall league winner, you probably had to do something very right to land yourself in the top 3 at the end of the season. So you get kicked upstairs to the next league anyway. The only way to go back down the ladder is to abandon the current league, which automatically demotes you.

To my knowledge, switching classes before the start of a new championship does not switch your league. If you switch from a 60's car to a 70's car after advancing to Clubman, you are still racing in the Clubman division.

I see.. That makes sense, sort of. Although it does mean actually winning a championship is more difficult, as you get promoted to a tougher level by coming 3rd or 2nd.

Anway, are all championship levels available for all cars?

Anyway, are all championship levels available for all cars?

Yes. If for some silly reason you managed to grind away your life in the Open division and eventually bought yourself a 2010's car, you can compete in a 2010's class Open division championship.

Was wondering how this works aswell, but how it came to pass with me was, I bought the 60's mini, didn't realize I couldn't restart the championship, so I came in 6th or 7th in the Open Division, got promoted to clubman (still with the mini), I won that, got promoted to professional, then bought the Lancia Stratos RWD and won that championship aswell, got promoted to Elite championship, bought a Group B car, won that championship, got promoted to Master, bought a Group A car and now I'm racing Master difficulty. I have no influence on the setting of the difficulty, it seems that if you are within the top 10 (aka when you have points) you get promoted to the next difficulty level.