Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2013 Feedback Thread

Hey Folks,

In this topic let us discuss why we love F1 2013 :P

For me the Game brought a motorsport which I love into the playable hands of every gamer, regardless of background. The sheer competitiveness and precision required at all times gives me the adrenaline rush when fighting for podium spots in the dying laps :P

What is your opinion of F1 2013?

Regards

Josh

Add me on steam! [F1GC] j0shter

graphics wise it is great but difficulty wise it's a pain in the neck however it's still a good game but it's not really a game I'm inclined to play a lot like the pervious games of the series. Am I going to buy 2014 at the moment? Right now the answer to that question is no not if the game is a repetition of 2013. If they keep this level of graphics and improve and also either introduce a beginner level 2 seconds down from Amateur. or bring Amateur back to where it was before in 2012 and earlier games then I may consider it

F1 2013 is the best from Codemasters yet, but it's still severely lacking in any sim elements, particularly in terms of track realism (laser scanning), physics, handling, setups, and force feedback.  Though PRL possibly host more F1 2013 leagues than anyone, we've seen a remarkable number of people leave those leagues to join our iRacing leagues.  F1 2013 acts like a stepping stone for so many to get to a sim, but it should position itself to be the end game.

It's also long overdue for a graphics upgrade, and now that we've got the PS4/Xbox One and the PS3 and Xbox 360 are not holding back the PC, I expect something on par with Project CARS and Forza 5.  Graphics certainly aren't important relative to the things I mention in the opening paragraph, but a large percentage of gamers do look to that first.

Finally, the online element of the game feels largely neglected, and the lag and sync issues have been a constant source of frustration, so I hope there is a focus in this area with the new game.  If Codemasters are going to retain the F1 license for the foreseeable future, some effort needs to be put forth to provide dedicated servers, and to provide some of the multiplayer features that we’re familiar with in other racing games/sims.

I have played F1 since the first PS version, when it was EA Sports. its getting there, but I have to say that I have been playing 2009 on nintendo, and that was sooo easy to win on. But 20013 is not so easy at all.
I don,t care, I just love competing and racing.

You can tell they half arsed it since the first game

they bragged about the safety car like it was some awesome new feature.. F1 99 had it.

it's to arcade like, they need to realise ALOT of people now have wheels and want a sim, they have other games for arcade style to mess about on.

the physics are poor as is the damage model, this day in age and you still get huge chunks of car flying off in an unrealistic way, i was in an online race earlier and some guys front nose came off and you could see the actual wing was still in tact despite flying through the air?!

really need to sort the online mode aswell, running a league with the current setup is a joke, theres no control over restarts, custom grid setup and other controls that is needed and as these guys are the "masters of code" how hard can it be? 

the cars are still far too grippy in the wet aswell

also ditch the 'driver development' crap it's a waste of time apart from if you're letting the mrs have a go on the game for a laugh to watch her crash the shit out of the car or something.

classic mode was a let down, basically they were allowed to only use some of the dullest cars, the 99 williams, really?

rfactor is alot older than this game and it still owns it in every way

Why even waste your time playing the game if it is so bad. Just stick to rfactor where you have great ai and rain ect. Or have you forgotten rfactor as good as it was is extremely flawed as well? You're talking nonsense.

F1 2013 is unquestionably the most complete F1 game we've ever had. And despite your nonsense about them not trying they have made big steps each year and they will I'm sure continue so in the future. And whilst the game certainly has a lot of room for improvement it still has a lot of good things going for it and as I say it does a better job than anything that has come before it.

Magic01 said:

they bragged about the safety car like it was some awesome new feature.. F1 99 had it.

it's to arcade like, they need to realise ALOT of people now have wheels and want a sim, they have other games for arcade style to mess about on.

the physics are poor as is the damage model, this day in age and you still get huge chunks of car flying off in an unrealistic way, i was in an online race earlier and some guys front nose came off and you could see the actual wing was still in tact despite flying through the air?!

really need to sort the online mode aswell, running a league with the current setup is a joke, theres no control over restarts, custom grid setup and other controls that is needed and as these guys are the "masters of code" how hard can it be? 

also ditch the 'driver development' crap it's a waste of time apart from if you're letting the mrs have a go on the game for a laugh to watch her crash the shit out of the car or something.

classic mode was a let down, basically they were allowed to only use some of the dullest cars, the 99 williams, really?

Why even waste your time playing the game if it is so bad. Just stick to rfactor where you have great ai and rain ect. Or have you forgotten rfactor as good as it was is extremely flawed as well? You're talking nonsense.

F1 2013 is unquestionably the most complete F1 game we've ever had. And despite your nonsense about them not trying they have made big steps each year and they will I'm sure continue so in the future. And whilst the game certainly has a lot of room for improvement it still has a lot of good things going for it and as I say it does a better job than anything that has come before it.

Agreed despite the flaws I've found with F1 2013 with the ai being over aggressive and the difficulty levels a little messed up in relation to the driving aids despite them being fine I thought in the previous versions I still think it shows a lot of promise because I find the classic cars fun to drive and the classic tracks add a different nostalgic feel to the game and it's a nice addition to the main game I would say the graphics improvements have been a nice addition too. I'm not saying I plan on buying 2014as that depends on a variety of things but CMs F1 games so far for me 2013 aside have been pretty solid

F1 2013 is the best from Codemasters yet, but it's still severely lacking in any sim elements, particularly in terms of track realism (laser scanning), physics, handling, setups, and force feedback.  Though PRL possibly host more F1 2013 leagues than anyone, we've seen a remarkable number of people leave those leagues to join our iRacing leagues.  F1 2013 acts like a stepping stone for so many to get to a sim, but it should position itself to be the end game.

It's also long overdue for a graphics upgrade, and now that we've got the PS4/Xbox One and the PS3 and Xbox 360 are not holding back the PC, I expect something on par with Project CARS and Forza 5.  Graphics certainly aren't important relative to the things I mention in the opening paragraph, but a large percentage of gamers do look to that first.

Finally, the online element of the game feels largely neglected, and the lag and sync issues have been a constant source of frustration, so I hope there is a focus in this area with the new game.  If Codemasters are going to retain the F1 license for the foreseeable future, some effort needs to be put forth to provide dedicated servers, and to provide some of the multiplayer features that we’re familiar with in other racing games/sims.

I'm 50% agree with you but I'm also 50% disagree with you too.

F1 series from Codemasters will NEVER be like an rfactor or iracing game.

why?

Because the F1 series from Codemasters is design to FOCUS on the atmosphere, visual, sound, the ups and downs of the current representative season AND to put you in the skin/place of the driver (to feel the frustration, the sweet, the victory/glory, rivalry, team mate challenge and team objective).

Many people say (since the release of the first game in 2010) that the game is not a real simulation game.

What did people mean/think by saying that:

IT'S NOT A REAL SIMULATION GAME.

By definition, any games who represent, demonstrate or recreate more or less a situation (sports, fishing, cooking etc) is in fact a simulation.

iracing is a simulation of racing game like rfactor, Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo, formula one game series and any other type of racing game that had been released since the first computer system and the first computer game console system.

What is confuse for many people is in fact the number of technical detail represented in the so call "simulation game".

The formula is represented like this:

More technical detail = More realism = More simulation

THIS perception is wrong and I will show you the reason now.

rFactor aimed to be the most realistic/accurate race simulator of its time. And it's true technically speaking.

It featured many technical advances in tire modeling, complex aerodynamics and a 15 degrees of freedom physics engine etc, etc (OK this line is a direct copy and paste from the rfactor Wikipedia web site).

So if rfactor is so realistic that mean that its has less room to complain in them of "realistic simulation".

If so let's me try to challenge that:

1) Does the game simulate properly the amount quantity of humidity in the air, if yes does the percentage of humidity affect the parts (engine), the tires on the surface of the road and the complete behavior of the car?

2) Does the game simulate properly the air resistance (and the complete complexity of the weather system impact), the particles, the gravity, the inertia and the stress complexity of each parts that affect partially or completely the behavior of the cars?

3) Does the game simulate properly the reason/failure of EACH parts in the vehicle mechanically, physically or electrically has it is in reality?

4) Does the game simulate/cover all the data process/manager (yes that very data process/manager that gives birth to the so call realistic simulation game) tackle (in the real world) by the technicians and engineers who is involved in the good operation of each session.

5) ...OK I'll stop hear because the list can cover the entire encyclopedia Britannica.

By considering all this we can ask ourself the terrible question: what is in reality a real simulation?

"Indianapolis 500: The Simulation is a 1989 computer game. It was hailed as the first step of differentiating racing games from the arcade realm and into racing simulation...When Indy 500 and F1GP appeared, they were the very first to implement something that resembled "real world" racing physics, accurate track modelling and car handling that required skills somewhat similar to real-world driving skills to perform well. Both were also the first to offer meaningful options to tune the behaviour of the cars. Although not quite on the level of later simulations, the most important variables, such as gear ratios, tyre compounds and wing settings were available to tune and, more importantly, proved to make an actual difference when driving. Important were also the functional rearview mirrors and an "instant replay" system with a wide range of adjustable camera settings not seen in other games of the era." source Wikipedia

Gear ratios, tyre compounds and wing settings is the very basic of today's so call Arcade game type of gameplay.

So if quantity determine the basic entry to the world of simulation in today's type of gameplay (in comparison of games that had much less technical functionality), rfactor 20 years in the future will probably be like todays arcade game based on "Indianapolis 500: The Simulation" type of gameplay.

To conclude let see the reality like it is:

Quantity doesn't necessary mean quality and Codemasters is not a novice in doing video game nor a novice in doing a very detail and complex engineering simulation racing game.

That's NOT his objective.

His objectives is to keep FOCUS on the visual world of formula one, the sound, the politics and the like.

Codemasters would probably in the next game try to keep the momentum (as always) between fun and maximum accessibility.

So if you expect the next F1 2014 game should be or mush be like an iracing, rfactor or any over very technically detailed type of experience in your SIMULATION...then I'm afraid to say, but this series of F1 game lineup from Codemasters is not design for you.

[-(
I think the game is fun and fine, it is just the online servers that really bug me. It is not really that fun when you are trying to do a league race and it just gets ruined by lag. Also, there are some random disconnections in lobbies, it also bugs me a little. I think the game is fun to play but maybe just fix that for the next game :)
I think the game is fun and fine, it is just the online servers that really bug me. It is not really that fun when you are trying to do a league race and it just gets ruined by lag. Also, there are some random disconnections in lobbies, it also bugs me a little. I think the game is fun to play but maybe just fix that for the next game :)
I'd have to agree with this. Overall it's great, and I'd rather Codemasters spend their time perfecting 2014, than using valuable man hours on 2013.
Magic01 said:

I guess you just have lower expectations and while thats fine, why are you getting all rustled about my opinion? the points i'm making are valid and you haven't backed up your argument by making a single valid point so all you've done is said i'm talking nonsense without backing it up by saying anything with any substance besides brown nosing the game without offering any constructive criticism, instead you've odly taken offense to my comments as if you made the game, haha.

yes rfactor is flawed, but it's an older game and like i said, beats it on so many levels without even mentioning the whole 'sim' aspect.
some of the points i've made have nothing to do with the restrictions on it being a sim or not, like i said, the online mode seems like it had little thought put into it especially as it seemed they overlooked people 'maybe' wanting to race in leagues or do proper online practice/qualy  sessions, which if were available would make the driving standards better, if you join any crappy online race in the lobby, the first lap is always carnage so it makes it redundant as less people bother with it.

go and take your sippy cup back to the childrens table ;)

No. You claimed that Rfactor owns it in nearly every way. Which is completely false. When you put nonsense out like that you are not offering constructive criticism, rather just being negative. As said Rfactor has some good things going for it, but it lacks a lot of the important F1 elements even if in some other areas it is superior to the codemasters F1 games.

And yes you do have some good points which I agree with but I think you should reconsider how you put some of those across.

The gameplay is the least enjoyable of the four games and most of the 2013 is like a copy and paste job from 2012. Career, the menus and music are similar.......attention was really on Classic stuff. The classic stuff is very good but the Classic AI is slow everywhere, something I don't get when the 2013 AI can be impossible to catch at some tracks like Silverstone.

The last great game was 2011. Taking the press stuff out didn't help thing, since then it's really felt like career is just going from race to race.

And in my first season, just after Germany, I got a Ferrari offer. This is coming from me as a second driver at Sauber where I've been consistently beaten by my team-mate. Seriously....