Does engine heat affects to the performace of the car in multiplayer races

If you go over 125 grade,the engine to green change color to yellow

When happened you max speed and acceleration start to decrease.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, it does affect the cars behaviour like @TMRFOXHUNTER says. There are some good video's by the Youtubers explaining it and showing that they barely use the fuel mode setting to 3 and most of the time run in fuel mode 1.

I've driven plenty of races where I use rich fuel mode on the straights and hard acceleration zones every lap of the race without any problems. The difference between my style and the "youtube"-style of driving is that I don't over-rev the engine and I actually use the 8th gear. I know I'm probably slower that way, but I don't care. Why pick up bad habits for a game whose lifetime is less than a year.

Using a lean fuel mix also damages the engine even if it doesn't overheat it. The engine wear percentages are probably negligible unless it's a 100% race, but in any case using a standard fuel mix and balanced ERS settings behind the SC is advisable.

Am I right in assuming that engine and gearbox component wear is not scaled by race distance? It's one thing to work on I think. I'd like to see much more drastic effects for constantly driving against the rev limits.

I believe it is scaled. I drive 50% career races. If it hasn’t been scaled a gearbox would probably last 10/12 races (depending upon driving style of course) Now I barely manage a season with the ones provided. 

3 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

I believe it is scaled. I drive 50% career races. If it hasn’t been scaled a gearbox would probably last 10/12 races (depending upon driving style of course) Now I barely manage a season with the ones provided. 

Yeah, I agree that in terms of career it's scaled. In an online 50% race my component wears are usually peaked at 3-4% though and that includes quali. Although I'm fairly sure the wear goes to 0% on all components between the quali and the race.