Jump to content Jump to content

Does engine heat affects to the performace of the car in multiplayer races

pedrosdt

• 1 month later...

I've driven plenty of races where I use rich fuel mode on the straights and hard acceleration zones every lap of the race without any problems. The difference between my style and the "youtube"-style of driving is that I don't over-rev the engine and I actually use the 8th gear. I know I'm probably slower that way, but I don't care. Why pick up bad habits for a game whose lifetime is less than a year.

Using a lean fuel mix also damages the engine even if it doesn't overheat it. The engine wear percentages are probably negligible unless it's a 100% race, but in any case using a standard fuel mix and balanced ERS settings behind the SC is advisable.

Am I right in assuming that engine and gearbox component wear is not scaled by race distance? It's one thing to work on I think. I'd like to see much more drastic effects for constantly driving against the rev limits.

I believe it is scaled. I drive 50% career races. If it hasn’t been scaled a gearbox would probably last 10/12 races (depending upon driving style of course) Now I barely manage a season with the ones provided. 

3 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

I believe it is scaled. I drive 50% career races. If it hasn’t been scaled a gearbox would probably last 10/12 races (depending upon driving style of course) Now I barely manage a season with the ones provided. 

Yeah, I agree that in terms of career it's scaled. In an online 50% race my component wears are usually peaked at 3-4% though and that includes quali. Although I'm fairly sure the wear goes to 0% on all components between the quali and the race.

Archived