Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019 won't load using new GTX 1660ti (PC)

mjcoop

Hey, Can someone please help?
I recently purchased F1 2109 and finding my old graphics card was not powerful enough, I upgraded. The game ran on my old card which was a GTX 460, but had to run everything on ultra low. I purchased a GTX 1660ti and now the game won't load. I run it through steam. In DX12 mode it just crashes after launch before anything. In DX11 mode it loads the intros up to the "press any key" screen then crashes. I cannot get into the game itself.

I'm an IT techie so have done numerous things. I have re-validated the steam files, I have run the game with the steam -safemode switch, I have deleted graphic config files. I have even re-installed the game. Crucially,  If I put the old card back in, it loads again. 
Now I know the obvious conclusion, the card is at fault, but I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers, and have stress tested the graphics card to check for faults and it runs on a stress test for hours no problem. It's a brand new card. I'm not convinced the new card is faulty, I think there is some other issue. But can't pin-point it. I know a clean install of Win 10 is one route, but i'd rather not unless really have to.

I'm running Windows 10 x64
Core i5-7600k @ 3.8ghz
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
620W PSU
Not doing any overclocking
Latest patch of game 1.20

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, mj_coop said:

Hey, Can someone please help?
I recently purchased F1 2109 and finding my old graphics card was not powerful enough, I upgraded. The game ran on my old card which was a GTX 460, but had to run everything on ultra low. I purchased a GTX 1660ti and now the game won't load. I run it through steam. In DX12 mode it just crashes after launch before anything. In DX11 mode it loads the intros up to the "press any key" screen then crashes. I cannot get into the game itself.

I'm an IT techie so have done numerous things. I have re-validated the steam files, I have run the game with the steam -safemode switch, I have deleted graphic config files. I have even re-installed the game. Crucially,  If I put the old card back in, it loads again. 
Now I know the obvious conclusion, the card is at fault, but I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers, and have stress tested the graphics card to check for faults and it runs on a stress test for hours no problem. It's a brand new card. I'm not convinced the new card is faulty, I think there is some other issue. But can't pin-point it. I know a clean install of Win 10 is one route, but i'd rather not unless really have to.

I'm running Windows 10 x64
Core i5-7600k @ 3.8ghz
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
620W PSU
Not doing any overclocking
Latest patch of game 1.20

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

You know it is because Nvidia's drivers are dogshit. But the only way to prove it is that clean install. 

Image your setup and install W10. It shouldn't take too long if you are as techie as you claim.

Archived