Sign in to follow this  

I'll give you 10 bucks for a DLC that removes auto resets CM

Seriously, give me the option to turn them off. I'd have 3x the play time in this game if it wasn't for auto resets, losing 5 seconds to an auto reset ****** me off more than losing 30 seconds to multiple mistakes. If I want to drive off into a field and take 30 seconds to find the track, and lose the rally as a result, thats my choice. In my last rally I made the same mistake in 2 runs, 1st one auto reset me when I had already made the save and was headed back towards the course, I would have lost probably 2-3 seconds, instead I got reset with a 6 second penalty and lost an additional 2-3 seconds because of being stopped. Second time, I was an inch closer to the track and didn't get reset, hit a rock and had to back up, lost 6 seconds. 1st time I restarted, second time I kept going and took my loss because the second time was fair.

Being reset because I went an inch beyond an invisible barrier, or hit a spectator that in real life could have easily moved 1 inch backwards to avoid the hit is the dumbest **** in any modern racing game, out side of perhaps "slow down" penalties that automatically slow your car.

If you can't do that, then give me rewinds so I can fix the games stupidity without having to start a whole stage over. Auto resets are why I never use long rallies in my custom championships.

/Rant

• Agree 2

personally, it doesn't bother me that much, except in certain places where the invisible reset wall is really far from the track or down a hill where it's hard to stop your momentum and the game gives you a massive time penalty (like 12-30 seconds). that annoys me more than anything else, even where getting terminal damage for falling off the wrong part of a cliff in Monaco or Greece. I'd like it if there was a cap of like 10-12 seconds for those.

have you played the WRC games? I've only played 7 and 8 and they are so, so much worse for this lol - if you go more than a couple of metres off the track you instantly get reset and are hit with a 9 second penalty. it's absurd.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, DarkRedslayer said:

Being reset because I went an inch beyond an invisible barrier, or hit a spectator that in real life could have easily moved 1 inch backwards to avoid the hit is the dumbest **** in any modern racing game, out side of perhaps "slow down" penalties that automatically slow your car.

/Rant

This happened to me just today in the current weekly on Poland. Got handed a 4 second penalty because I drove "into" a photographer.  Pretty sure he was stood on a spot he probably wouldn't have been at in real life - or, as you say, would have just moved! Ah well.

Edited by ff74

On 3/2/2020 at 10:26 AM, ianism said:

personally, it doesn't bother me that much, except in certain places where the invisible reset wall is really far from the track or down a hill where it's hard to stop your momentum and the game gives you a massive time penalty (like 12-30 seconds). that annoys me more than anything else, even where getting terminal damage for falling off the wrong part of a cliff in Monaco or Greece. I'd like it if there was a cap of like 10-12 seconds for those.

have you played the WRC games? I've only played 7 and 8 and they are so, so much worse for this lol - if you go more than a couple of metres off the track you instantly get reset and are hit with a 9 second penalty. it's absurd.

I didn't buy those games because I watched gameplay, and saw that the resets were even worse. 

Any time you are automatically reset to track, its a sign of poor game design.

Me personally, if I fly off a cliff, I don't want to be 'reset'. Let me die with honor, or if the car is still driveable, let me find my own way back, or manually reset at my discretion. If I want to wander all the way off the map onto a blank grid map, then thats my choice (exaggeration to show just how much I hate being reset).

Bottom line, I should never be reset automatically, unless there is literally no chance of recovering the car, I'm sick of being 10 feet from the track, having regained control of the car, only to be reset.

And when it comes to corner cuts, give me a time penalty and leave me to it, don't reset my damn car, its stupid, this isn't the 1990s anymore, time to get rid of bad game design.