Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer why is "everyone" playing spain and germany?

Recommended Posts

Hello

I find it difficult to play the tracks i like when all i see in lobby is ribadelles spain and baumholder germany.

I like more 5-6 gear tracks and flowing landscape like Poland, Finland and New England. But not many others seems to like this setup.

I hate 1 gear tracks like argentina, greece and monaco. But these are also popular in the lobby.

Why is this?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People love some tarmac racing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in addition..you know you could just make up your own..stages..country's ..cars..and then just wait for players?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I can only enjoy tarmac stages in this game when driving FWD cars. Those seem believable in handling, other classes just put me off with those tarmac physics, especially after playing SLRE, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars or even WRC8. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, TheRubberJohnny said:

And in addition..you know you could just make up your own..stages..country's ..cars..and then just wait for players?

 

Yes, but when i do, nobody will play 🙂 rearly some do play, and those drivers are pretty good. But most of the time, people are not playing the faster tracks. Beeing a scandinavian myself, tarmac is not for me. And living closely to the sweden tracks, i can tell you the roads are way too narrow in dirt 2.0! They are more wide and flowy in real life. Of course with some technical narrow parts, but not all the tine, as it is in 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Evopower2 said:

And living closely to the sweden tracks, i can tell you the roads are way too narrow in dirt 2.0! They are more wide and flowy in real life. Of course with some technical narrow parts, but not all the tine, as it is in 2.0.

Yeah, and having snow in sweden these days is also very unrealistic, too!

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evopower2 said:

Yes, but when i do, nobody will play 🙂 rearly some do play, and those drivers are pretty good. But most of the time, people are not playing the faster tracks. Beeing a scandinavian myself, tarmac is not for me. And living closely to the sweden tracks, i can tell you the roads are way too narrow in dirt 2.0! They are more wide and flowy in real life. Of course with some technical narrow parts, but not all the tine, as it is in 2.0.

I mean, the stages in the game are actual laser-scanned roads, so what you're saying might be generally true and the ones in the game aren't super representative, but there definitely are roads like the stages in the game, because they're real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think the Stages are laser-scanned, but I’m sure a ton of research pics were taken 😉 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laser-Scanning a gravel road doesn't make much sense, it's a natural road wich changes over time.
Track degradation you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with snow stages is, the general layout of the stage stays the same but the width and even the severity of the corners depend on how much snow is outside of the road and how the road has been dug into the snow. In recent years the WRC has seen less snow in Sweden and this made the stages wider and faster than those in DR2, at least in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's probably because they are the easier stages in the game and everybody will have played them so there's unlikely to be a shortage of players that want to have a blast with their mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Yeah, and having snow in sweden these days is also very unrealistic, too!

Thats funny, but not all true. The following week it went from zero snow, to enormous amount of snow. It would have been a sweden rally, had it only been run one week later.

With that said, it is problaby better to host rally sweden located more north from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 7:38 PM, carpa said:

The thing with snow stages is, the general layout of the stage stays the same but the width and even the severity of the corners depend on how much snow is outside of the road and how the road has been dug into the snow. In recent years the WRC has seen less snow in Sweden and this made the stages wider and faster than those in DR2, at least in my opinion

I still think that a swden rally stage in dirt 2.0, with or without snow, is too narrow. Many 2 right an lefts. Never 1 km straights and lots of 5 and 6 corners like i know it is in real life. And when you get up to 4 gear, you hitch a snow bank and spins. It is not this narrow over all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 5:57 PM, Evopower2 said:

I still think that a swden rally stage in dirt 2.0, with or without snow, is too narrow. Many 2 right an lefts. Never 1 km straights and lots of 5 and 6 corners like i know it is in real life. And when you get up to 4 gear, you hitch a snow bank and spins. It is not this narrow over all!

The stages in game are replications of real stages. The problem is the relation between the car and the surface in the game. Unfortunately the physics are not as they should be in DR2.0, especially on snow. If you take one of the GTRs for a spin in Sweden using outside view behind the car, you will se how the car floats on the road. This is not how the cars behave with proper winter tyres with spikes. Actually, in some aspects you should have the same amount of grip in Sweden as you have on asphalt.

As a reference I would say Wrc8 have much better physics in this area. That also goes for gravel physics, which I find DR2.0 to be too slidy and floaty.

When it comes to why people like driving on taramac in this game, I’m not surprised because I find the handling of the cars and physics on asphalt to be quite good (dare I say realistic?) and very fun to drive. 🙂👍🏻 But I also agree that Poland is a great location with very nice roads to drive on. The problem with Poland, I think, is the AI that is set to be waaay too fast, so for many it is just a turn off to drive somewhere you always ends up last anyway... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How comes, that so many on this forum seem to be physics professors, rally drivers, tyre engineers, video game programers...
I don't get it.
Some say asphalt physics are off, some say there good, but gravel/snow is not correct...

Did any one of you actually driven a rally car on the egde on asphalt or with spikes in the snow?
Were does come youre knowledge of all this? Watching youtube videos?

@Topic: Because these are the easiest tracks. It's that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 4:30 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

How comes, that so many on this forum seem to be physics professors, rally drivers, tyre engineers, video game programers...
I don't get it.
Some say asphalt physics are off, some say there good, but gravel/snow is not correct...

Did any one of you actually driven a rally car on the egde on asphalt or with spikes in the snow?
Were does come youre knowledge of all this? Watching youtube videos?

@Topic: Because these are the easiest tracks. It's that simple.

HeY

I've done two snow rallies in real life. One with fwd and one with rwd. Both races with narrow 145mm wide ice spiked tyres. And i have spectated norwegian and swedish winter rallies every year for over 15 years now. So yes, i would suspect that i know one or two things about snow graphics in this game. And it has a lot more to work with before its ok. I find myself not play the snow stages at all. Its all "wrong" and that annoys me.

That beeing said, Scotland stages looks magical! Seems they did it all textbook with this one. Cant wait to drive it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Standar criteria for a Dirt 2.0 Online lobby. 

-Stages cant be longer than 5km.

-Service area must be available every 2nd stage or every stage

-Car class can be only: Group A, S2000, R5

-Hardcore DMG is only an option, not to be selected! 

-Sweden, Argentina, Montecarlo, USA, Wales Can not be chosen! 

"If you do not comply with these, the god of CasualPlayers will strike you with a report!" 

 

Thats why for me online consists of only me and my Nephiew. 

We like to go 2x E.S. + 1 S.S.  without Serviceareas and hardcore dmg. and we usualy do RWD. 

But its fun when someone joins and after the 2nd E.S.  Ragequits 🤣

Edited by ImTheOx11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×