Jump to content Jump to content

No dialogue before races or from the engineer

ElliotLevine

I am playing F1 2019 1.21 on PC. The game runs fine except for some sound. I get music, engine noises but no dialogue at the beginning of races and can not hear my engineer. 

I have updated all my audio drivers and can not find any other issues. Can someone please help me out?  

Cheers

What happens when you toggle the in-game Audio output in the Advanced Sound Settings? Also check the Voice setting in the in-game audio mixer.

Have you set the default communication and audio device in Windows? Sometimes these are reset when updating GPU drivers.

Also check the Control Panel|Sound|Communications tab is set to 'Do nothing'.

thanks for the reply.  When I toggle the in game audio output option nothing happens.  It scrolls through the different options but no sound.  I enabled subtitles so I can see it is trying to make sound but no voices heard.  I checked control panel/sount/communications and set it to do nothing and still nothing changed.  It is weird, it is only the engineer and comentators at the beginning of a race I can not hear.  Music and engine noise is working fine. 

5 hours ago, ElliotLevine said:

thanks for the reply.  When I toggle the in game audio output option nothing happens.  It scrolls through the different options but no sound.  I enabled subtitles so I can see it is trying to make sound but no voices heard.  I checked control panel/sount/communications and set it to do nothing and still nothing changed.  It is weird, it is only the engineer and comentators at the beginning of a race I can not hear.  Music and engine noise is working fine. 

Thanks for the update. I would suggest you reinstall the Kinect Audio runtimes.

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have Bluetooth Audio?

Or a mic with an inline USB sound device?

Actually i am using everything stock.. ps4 mic/headphone and contoller the blue cheapo. Even when i say Engineer talk Jeff comes on and says copy that.. thats it engineer never has anything to say didnt even realize it was an issue. So today i intentionally damaged my engine shift down to 4th-g while going 198mph, even broke my drs going over kerbs but All i get is Jeff. 

Off topic have you noticed that most of the driver animations are off? PS4 Bottas only animation i get is DRS,Fuel mix, talk, break bias.

ERS, differential animations do not work. It actually comes in handy on replay to learn the tracks. I was never able to properly make Lowes in MC untill i saw my teammate adjust the center dial/diff.  Oh well guess i am weird.

Thanks 

Otto.

1 hour ago, OttoMattic210 said:

Actually i am using everything stock.. ps4 mic/headphone and contoller the blue cheapo. Even when i say Engineer talk Jeff comes on and says copy that.. thats it engineer never has anything to say didnt even realize it was an issue. So today i intentionally damaged my engine shift down to 4th-g while going 198mph, even broke my drs going over kerbs but All i get is Jeff. 

Off topic have you noticed that most of the driver animations are off? PS4 Bottas only animation i get is DRS,Fuel mix, talk, break bias.

ERS, differential animations do not work. It actually comes in handy on replay to learn the tracks. I was never able to properly make Lowes in MC untill i saw my teammate adjust the center dial/diff.  Oh well guess i am weird.

Thanks 

Otto.

Try toggling the Radio Verbosity? I will keep an eye out for the lack of animations.

image.thumb.png.772af1ebdb9c82429b1b93d8c8dd686b.png

9 hours ago, OttoMattic210 said:

I think so.he said something during race but i missed it. Does he speak in pract-Qual ? Did you check the animation on the differential?

Yes he does, or should do. Have had a F1 free weekend, haven't touched the game since Friday night. 🙂 

Archived