Jump to content Jump to content

Game won't start


raceytimus

Recommended Posts

Hello i just bought f1 2019 this weekend. Once downloaded I've been trying to run the game several times. 


I did troubleshoot everything from drivers to verifying files, disabling steam overlay, starting in safe mode, reinstalling my Nvidia drivers, installing the game on different drive, reinstall the game entirely, starting as an admin, starting in compatibility mode.... DXdial doesn't show any errors, ALL my other games (10 more games installed) all work perfectly including DIRT 2 😉 So pleasse i'm begging you don't ask me i need to reinstall my windows 10 please.... it works perfectly fine and I just reinstalled it weeks ago....   I could not change the game settings from my documents because it simply doesn't show up in the folder. I guess since the game never started it won't create it before launching for the first time... 

What's happening if i click play, fans will spin for 5 secondes like if something heavy was opening, then the ''stop'' button is 

It's very frustrating. I bought the game from third party website. So i can't get a refund... Yet I think i deserve a refund or some help because it has been lots of time consuming and struggling all this time trying to find a solution to just enjoy my purchase. 



I'm ******. Developing games is great. Developing games that work is EVEN better. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Bits in bold are wrong, you don't ever need to.

If the game is not able to write to 'My Documents' then check your Windows security settings for Protected Folder Access and turn it off.

I understand you're frustrated, but the game is probably worth less than you paid:classic_blink:, sorry.

Thank you for taking the time to help. Really the game isn't worth it? 
I will check this windows security setting and let you know if that works 🙂

Thanks dude 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, raceytimus said:

Thank you for taking the time to help. Really the game isn't worth it? 
I will check this windows security setting and let you know if that works 🙂

Thanks dude 

Yeah, really. The state it's in is broken. 1.20 was less bad than 1.21 and probably no improvement on 1.18

You can post your dxdiag.txt here and I will look for other clues. 'No problems found' isn't a guarantee 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, raceytimus said:

Hello i just bought f1 2019 this weekend. Once downloaded I've been trying to run the game several times. 


I did troubleshoot everything from drivers to verifying files, disabling steam overlay, starting in safe mode, reinstalling my Nvidia drivers, installing the game on different drive, reinstall the game entirely, starting as an admin, starting in compatibility mode.... DXdial doesn't show any errors, ALL my other games (10 more games installed) all work perfectly including DIRT 2 😉 So pleasse i'm begging you don't ask me i need to reinstall my windows 10 please.... it works perfectly fine and I just reinstalled it weeks ago....   I could not change the game settings from my documents because it simply doesn't show up in the folder. I guess since the game never started it won't create it before launching for the first time... 

What's happening if i click play, fans will spin for 5 secondes like if something heavy was opening, then the ''stop'' button is 

It's very frustrating. I bought the game from third party website. So i can't get a refund... Yet I think i deserve a refund or some help because it has been lots of time consuming and struggling all this time trying to find a solution to just enjoy my purchase. 



I'm ******. Developing games is great. Developing games that work is EVEN better. 
 

Well, I'm still enjoying it so far, playing single player career, so it's not a helpful answer to say 'give up, it's not worth trying'.

First, what are your pc specs? Is it definitely required spec for the game?

Have you tried creating a new windows user account and installing in that instead? Worth a try anyway.

Disablng steam overlay did work for me in F1 2017 when I had troubles, so anything is worth trying - exit steam and restart it if you try this sort of thing, just to be sure your changes kick in. Again, it's worth a try.

You shouldn't have to change the settings in documents, but anything its worth trying - Have you definitely checked the documents folder properly? It should be in 'My Games' folder inside My Documents, so you might have missed it.

Also see what else you have running in the background - Check task manager - if yo can find anything you don't need, end the task as these things have stopped games running in the past - Logitech wingman, joytokey, xpadder, video streaming software, FPS software, EVGA Precision X! (and other hardware monitoring apps). Turn them off and see if it helps. 

 

It sounds likely there is something running that the game doesn't like.


Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Morsify said:

Well, I'm still enjoying it so far, playing single player career, so it's not a helpful answer to say 'give up, it's not worth trying'.

First, what are your pc specs? Is it definitely required spec for the game?

Have you tried creating a new windows user account and installing in that instead? Worth a try anyway.

Disablng steam overlay did work for me in F1 2017 when I had troubles, so anything is worth trying - exit steam and restart it if you try this sort of thing, just to be sure your changes kick in. Again, it's worth a try.

You shouldn't have to change the settings in documents, but anything its worth trying - Have you definitely checked the documents folder properly? It should be in 'My Games' folder inside My Documents, so you might have missed it.

Also see what else you have running in the background - Check task manager - if yo can find anything you don't need, end the task as these things have stopped games running in the past - Logitech wingman, joytokey, xpadder, video streaming software, FPS software, EVGA Precision X! (and other hardware monitoring apps). Turn them off and see if it helps. 

It sounds likely there is something running that the game doesn't like.


Good luck.

The known issues thread is outdated, this was fixed in an earlier build of Nvidia drivers, it doesn't affect AMD users AFAIK.

Yes, the point about minimum spec applies, not "my PC ran F1 2018 fine and it wasn't in spec then" doesn't wash, as using EOL W7 because of some received wisdom that W10 is evil. W10 is the only actively developed OS and it is bringing new stuff to the table with each build.

People do set the AV / security higher than default if they want it set that way. However, it is not enabled in a vanilla W10 installation, which is why reinstalling is often a way to solve issues because too much meddling to get other things working can have an effect.

It might be worth highlighting that the only way we will fix issues quickly is cutting the noise on the forum and removing / updating the pertinent info. There are factors that have got in the way of that at present, other than that I'm not wishing to comment further.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, raceytimus said:

Thank you for taking the time to help. Really the game isn't worth it? 
I will check this windows security setting and let you know if that works 🙂

Thanks dude 

Dude you're a saver! it worked 😄 That was the reason why it didn't work.... 
I mean all my other games works fine with this option on. It's actually a security flaw imao. We should not have to deactivate a security feature just to launch a game... Damn. Hate windows 10 more and more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Morsify said:

Well, I'm still enjoying it so far, playing single player career, so it's not a helpful answer to say 'give up, it's not worth trying'.

First, what are your pc specs? Is it definitely required spec for the game?

Have you tried creating a new windows user account and installing in that instead? Worth a try anyway.

Disablng steam overlay did work for me in F1 2017 when I had troubles, so anything is worth trying - exit steam and restart it if you try this sort of thing, just to be sure your changes kick in. Again, it's worth a try.

You shouldn't have to change the settings in documents, but anything its worth trying - Have you definitely checked the documents folder properly? It should be in 'My Games' folder inside My Documents, so you might have missed it.

Also see what else you have running in the background - Check task manager - if yo can find anything you don't need, end the task as these things have stopped games running in the past - Logitech wingman, joytokey, xpadder, video streaming software, FPS software, EVGA Precision X! (and other hardware monitoring apps). Turn them off and see if it helps. 

 

It sounds likely there is something running that the game doesn't like.


Good luck.

Thanks dude. I started enjoying it last night. Issue solved that was the bad guy: 
image.png.32f524012a0a402948c117d303c35121.png

 

Thanks All for your precious help 🙂 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, raceytimus said:

Dude you're a saver! it worked 😄 That was the reason why it didn't work.... 
I mean all my other games works fine with this option on. It's actually a security flaw imao. We should not have to deactivate a security feature just to launch a game... Damn. Hate windows 10 more and more. 

I agree. saving game files in 'My Documents' is a hangover from XP era. There would be no problem putting it in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...