Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.22 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

Hi everyone,

Once again, we have returned with a deeper dive into the latest patch for F1 2019. We’ve seen that you are all enjoying the more in-depth look into the new additions and bug fixes that we have been bringing over the last few patches – so let’s keep that train rolling.

Speed trap notification in practice sessions

We have been constantly looking at new ways to notify you, the player, on just how quick you are going through the speed trap so that you can see your improvement lap after lap. With this latest addition, you will now start to see a HUD notification indicating exactly this.

This notification will only appear in practice sessions to help you with your setup choices and analysis of your laps and only on those laps where you manage to improve your speed through the trap.

Speed Trap notification.jpg

Pit stop penalty notification

If you are prone to receiving penalties, you might find it a little odd when your pit crew don’t immediately get to work on your car when you head in for some fresh rubber. To solve this, we’ve now added a new indicator to the pit timer to show you that you are serving a penalty. This will only be shown for penalties where the car is stopped prior to any changes being made to the car i.e. a 5-second time penalty.

Pit Timer.jpg

Front wing repair threshold

You might remember in the last patch that we reduced the minimum physical damage required before your pit crew would change your front wing when you had asked for it via your MFD. We’ve taken your feedback on-board and we’ve brought this same threshold into practice and qualifying sessions so that you aren’t leaving any time on the track.

If you have minor damage, this will now automatically be repaired when you return to the garage and will have to be completed before you can head out for your next run.

Radio Language Setting

Thank you for your feedback and reporting the removal of this option in a previous patch. This option is returning! With the game in any supported, non-English language, you will now once again be able to select the language of your radio audio. For example, this means that you can have your game language in German and your radio language in English should you wish.

This setting can be found in Options > Audio > Advanced Audio settings > Radio Language.

Leagues – Failure to submit result

We had been made aware of an issue where with split weekends enabled alongside full qualifying,  the race the results would not be submitted upon completion. This was a result of members of the league not qualifying for either Q2 or Q3 sessions and the race looking for these results instead. This has been fixed in this patch.

Progress through championship

We have now made it easier for you to see exactly how many race weekends you have left in your championship. This means no more loading in and out of the game mode to see how long you have until you secure your next drivers’ world championship.

When loading into a session you will now see a round counter displaying the race weekend number you are in versus the total number of race weekends.

Round Count.jpg

If you have any issues with anything in this patch then please do let us know.

• Like 5

Thanks for this patch again guys great work.

@BarryBL can you confirm this was the last patch for f1 2019?

Thanks again

Posted (edited)

While it is already a step up from user's suggestions, for the love of god, put an actual speed trap list accessible when we are in the garage, be it in a practice session or in a qualifying session! Or at least let us ask Jeff what is our maximum top speed and place in qualifying. Because right now, this speed trap notification is not being used it nowhere near its potential. Also, let us move the notification around with the OSD customisation.

EDIT: Forgot to say in real life, speed traps are publicly available to anyone, so your implementation is somewhat weak.

Edited by MrCosta96
  • Thanks 1

Is there anything to fix that stopping safety car other than disabling it again? 🙄

The speed trap addition is a cherry on top of a s**tcake (not shortcake). As long as the bug with Jeff reporting only the current speed trap position rather than fastest speed is fixed as part of it.

You say it's in practice, but as a MP player I would like to point out Qualifying Practice is the actual name of the Qualifying session. So we should have it there too, and I might upgrade your efforts to cupcake. 🤣

• Agree 3

What`s the point of downgrading reflections in the pc version if you have option settings in the first place, it's pointless if you want to play on high just lower it yourself. I have 980 TI and I run the game on ultra 60 fps all the time. If someone has lower spec pc just lower the reflections come on CM please revert this absurd decision.

16 minutes ago, BiohazardBGR said:

What`s the point of downgrading reflections in the pc version if you have option settings in the first place, it's pointless if you want to play on high just lower it yourself. I have 980 TI and I run the game on ultra 60 fps all the time. If someone has lower spec pc just lower the reflections come on CM please revert this absurd decision.

Some people's games were crashing though. This was the fiddling about with 1.18.1 and 1.18.2 IIRC

Woah... Speed trap data. That’s something I asked for in F1 2018 and it’s finally in the game. Progress has been made. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Some people's games were crashing though. This was the fiddling about with 1.18.1 and 1.18.2 IIRC

Well, those people just can lower the settings themselves I never have issues like that.

37 minutes ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Well, those people just can lower the settings themselves I never have issues like that.

Yes, just because you don't doesn't mean other people don't. And if the game crashes for them and they don't understand why, it helps them. Obviously the crashdumps they will have received  tell their own story.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Yes, just because you don't doesn't mean other people don't. And if the game crashes for them and they don't understand why, it helps them. Obviously the crashdumps they will have received  tell their own story.

What is the point of CM lower the setting if anyone can do that for themselves? In the older games, there were no such problems.

1 minute ago, BiohazardBGR said:

What is the point of CM lower the setting if anyone can do that for themselves? In the older games, there were no such problems.

Because, they would not know to do that from the result (i.e. game crash).

Obviously, the game is different to F1 2018 and earlier and the preferred API is different. The driver set will be different too. A year is a long time.

59 minutes ago, ex250 said:

Woah... Speed trap data. That’s something I asked for in F1 2018 and it’s finally in the game. Progress has been made. 

Sadly there is still no speed trap data in the time sheets. But at least they made a small step in the right direction.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, AlexB88 said:

Thanks for this patch again guys great work.

@BarryBL can you confirm this was the last patch for f1 2019?

Thanks again

I hope not 😔

I wish we could have F2 in private Leagues 

And save option between races in (Unranked) sessions, just like F1 2018..i still don't understand why it is so hard to put this in the game, but anyway...

Edited by GioProductions
Extra info
  • Agree 2

No fix for the AI being overpowered in the wet?

Posted (edited)

Perhaps a dumb question will this update correct the currently saved Single player mode build your own F1 Season?

Ps4.

Just played new version i think they screwed up fuel burn rate.. not doing anything different and lean will not increase fuel load. Also ai seems dumbed down. 85% is more like 75%

And a few of the animations are still off. Diff adjustment and ers.

Azerbaijan lags coming out of sector 2

Edited by OttoMattic210

The speedtrap speed doesn't match with the speedtrap jeff is telling me when in the box. Speedtrap australia with the redbull 312 kmh. Jeff when in the box. We are 20th at the speedtrap with 304 kmh.

Is this the last patch for F1 2019? 

Would think so, as F1 2020 should be announced at the end of March judging by last year 🙂

After this update, did anyone notice that the difficulty increased?

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: The below issue was a one time issue and not been repeated in playing deeper into the career mode.  No issue with the patch on this.

Anyone else on PS4 have any issues after this patch, with race replay not being archived, and going straight to the options screen prior to FP1 and once again after advancing weeks to the next Grand Prix in career mode?

First race with the new patch and had those small issues.  Not advanced to FP1 of the next weekend to see if it was something consistent. 

Edited by brsteg

Hi, I really want to revert back to version 1.21, is there a way of doing this or can it be added to steam as a beta version maybe?

Regards,

On 5/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, exige2001 said:

Hi, I really want to revert back to version 1.21, is there a way of doing this or can it be added to steam as a beta version maybe?

Regards,

HI @exige2001

There is no facility to revert back to patches for security and matchmaking reasons. Our players must be on the same game version.