DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game crashing

Hello, 

During the past month i have been experiencing a lot of crashes in the middle of the game while racing, doing hot laps in chrono mode and a lot more different scenarios but all of them in the game but not in the menu. When the game crashes, a messagge appears saying something like "The game data is damaged. You should check your local files" (i can't remember the message word by word but it says something like that). I searched in google what the issue could be and quickly found that the issue could be corrected by verifying the integrity game files using the steam tool, did that but didn't work for me. I have to mention that when the game crashes it doesn't close inmeddiatly, it actually stays there and i can enter in the game but the only thing i see is a black screen and the menu soundtrack playing.

I tried to manually uninstall the game (erasing every single file) and reinstalling it but i still get the same issue. Also 2 weeks ago or some, i formatted my computer (not because of the game issue but due to other reassons), and after installing windows and everything i still have the same issue. 

For this reasson is why i am so conffused, i have a clean windows and F1 2019 instalation but i still have the issue. It happens randomnly and in order to play again i have to wait a few days. I don't really understand why the game is doing that, it doesn't make any sense but hopefully someone here can help me to solve my problem. Also i have to mention that i bought the game on G2A but i don't think that affects anything (at least i hope that).

I leave you my computer specs:

i5 6600 (non k)

Asus Z170-A

Gtx 1070

16 Gb RAM at 2400MHz (2 modules 8Gb each one)

800W PSU (80 plus copper)

I have windows installed in a 480 Gb kngstone SSD

The game is installed in my 1 Tb segate hard disk

Steam is installed in the SSD mentioned above (where windows is installed)

Also sorry for my grammar mistakes, im not an english native speaker :)  

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, pedroesbo2001 said:

Hello, 

During the past month i have been experiencing a lot of crashes in the middle of the game while racing, doing hot laps in chrono mode and a lot more different scenarios but all of them in the game but not in the menu. When the game crashes, a messagge appears saying something like "The game data is damaged. You should check your local files" (i can't remember the message word by word but it says something like that). I searched in google what the issue could be and quickly found that the issue could be corrected by verifying the integrity game files using the steam tool, did that but didn't work for me. I have to mention that when the game crashes it doesn't close inmeddiatly, it actually stays there and i can enter in the game but the only thing i see is a black screen and the menu soundtrack playing.

I tried to manually uninstall the game (erasing every single file) and reinstalling it but i still get the same issue. Also 2 weeks ago or some, i formatted my computer (not because of the game issue but due to other reassons), and after installing windows and everything i still have the same issue. 

For this reasson is why i am so conffused, i have a clean windows and F1 2019 instalation but i still have the issue. It happens randomnly and in order to play again i have to wait a few days. I don't really understand why the game is doing that, it doesn't make any sense but hopefully someone here can help me to solve my problem. Also i have to mention that i bought the game on G2A but i don't think that affects anything (at least i hope that).

I leave you my computer specs:

i5 6600 (non k)

Asus Z170-A

Gtx 1070

16 Gb RAM at 2400MHz (2 modules 8Gb each one)

800W PSU (80 plus copper)

I have windows installed in a 480 Gb kngstone SSD

The game is installed in my 1 Tb segate hard disk

Steam is installed in the SSD mentioned above (where windows is installed)

Also sorry for my grammar mistakes, im not an english native speaker 🙂  

Z170-A latest UEFI BIOS 3802 install for the lots of RAM and SSD compatibility tweaks.

For latest microcode (ASUS probably do not have it in that last UEFI BIOS - they don't, it has 0xC2 not 0xC6) use KB4497165 (assuming W10 version 1909 x64)

Test RAM sticks singlely with Memtest (errors mean RMA, no questions - hopefully your modules are matched and in dual-channel configuration) you will need a spare USB drive to install / run the program to / from.

Drill down to your SSD and apply any firmware updates or use health-checking utilities.

Hopefully, this should solve your issues.

Edited by steviejay69
checked microcode

Thank's for your reply, i will try to do everithung you mentioned above to see if my issue goes away and if it does, i will let you know.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

Hi, during this past weeks i'been testing and doing everything you told me but the issue is still there. I don't really know what it could be, it is very frustrating trying to play the game and not beeing able to do it. Is there anything else i could do?

I have had an issue with the game crashing my PC, and trying every thing I could think of. My PC hardware can handle it, so what is it? Today I limited the frame rate to 60 FPS and it worked! Now it is just a combination of detail and frame rate. I can run with high detail and 60 FPS with no crashes. I can not run any but the slightest overclock. The game looks good and smooth with these settings.

6 hours ago, mchriss said:

I have had an issue with the game crashing my PC, and trying every thing I could think of. My PC hardware can handle it, so what is it? Today I limited the frame rate to 60 FPS and it worked! Now it is just a combination of detail and frame rate. I can run with high detail and 60 FPS with no crashes. I can not run any but the slightest overclock. The game looks good and smooth with these settings.

When troubleshooting, overclocking is not recommended. Buy the performance you want, don't expect to gain it somehow. This applies to GPUs too.

If we are going down the route of VSYNC, then YES, you SHOULD use VSYNC. The game allows you to select the detected modes for your display.

VSYNC OFF is not recommended, overdriving (sending more frames than can be displayed) a display will not be useful.

If your game settings and hardware means you create an average 80FPS then run the game at 75Hz, or 60Hz. By running uncapped, all you do is place extra stress on the hardware for no benefit. Consequently, if your hardware can produce >150FPS you need a 120 or 144Hz display. Using the settings wisely can give a desired target framerate. Running resolutions over 1080 and multiple displays will bring those framerates down rapidly anyway.

Freesync and G-SYNC displays still use V-SYNC, the display will compensate for the variable frame rate to give a smooth picture. Some Freesync displays can be detected by Nvidia hardware. DP connection is advisable, over HDMI the results are variable.

The in-game frame limiter does not always work (in cutscenes and menus). It sometimes does not work until the game or PC is restarted.

10 hours ago, pedroesbo2001 said:

Hi, during this past weeks i'been testing and doing everything you told me but the issue is still there. I don't really know what it could be, it is very frustrating trying to play the game and not being able to do it. Is there anything else i could do?

Most of the above.

Hi

I have my PC with stock sttings (no overclock) and my Game settings are at the maximum with V-Sync activated but im still getting the same issue. 

12 hours ago, pedroesbo2001 said:

Hi

I have my PC with stock sttings (no overclock) and my Game settings are at the maximum with V-Sync activated but im still getting the same issue. 

Try the High preset and cap frames. Post your dxdiag and the hardware_settings_config.xml