DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

New update

First impressions of the new update is that they've truly screwed the game up. I can't go round any corner at speed without the rear end getting away from me and spinning me around. Haven't been able to complete a single lap yet without an issue. 

My car now handles like a truck but I have to drive at milkfloat speeds just to stay between the white lines as now you're penalised as soon as you go near them. 

The assists have been simplified to steering, braking etc all under a high to low setting, why change this, it worked perfectly well before hand. 

I just hope this is like the New Coke from the 1980's and by bringing out an inferior product it will make us all feel better when they revert back to the old. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I agree, the game is ruined for me because of redesigining assists. Putting braking and stability assist in one setting is a misunderstanding. I cannot race the way I like with a stability assist on and braking assist off. I can either use the Novice setting which gives me the stability but makes the car brake in ridiculous places or use the Professional and have no braking and no stability assists. Both settings make me slower than before the update. I completely don’t understand this change. I lost interest in playing this game because of those changes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Thought I’d give some duels a go, one grid start at Monza and one sprint start in France and I’m pushed off the track each time, no punishment for the opponent. 

so much for race hard, race fair.

Oh but we’ve got the magic report button now 🙄 

Edited by G1bby

What was the point to change assistance set up?
I get used to a certain setup and now it is totally messed.
I like the report button. But, what kind of punishment will get a player after being complained?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

This is crime against all players to disable individual settings on Braking, Steering and Stability assists. Until next update they can waive goodbye to most players above 6000 level.

My preferred option was to have all assists off, bar low assistance on steering as the mobile phone is not as steady as steering wheel. F1 mobile is not racing sim anyway and now the Codemasters have killed the driving fun with this assist bundling.

Now the only way to have no braking assists is off the steering assist and this makes game unplayable for the ones who enjoyed otherwise assist-free gaming, except steering.

What were you thinking dear Codemasters?

I hit with joy 8000 levels, game was extremely fun to play and bundling the assists into baskets serves noone good.

Please fix.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Exactly, I play this on a mobile phone and it’s too Difficult to steer now without the low drawing assist. DRS on some tracks is a complete nightmare because you start to drift off the track and when you try and move you get loads of oversteer and crash. 

This has been another really poorly thought update that no one even asked for. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Buhahahhahaha @ChrisGrovesMCM again showed that for him game is never too much fvcked up! 

Redesigning assist during open events is a COMEDY !!

For now, noone is able to compete with players in Three 0PI events and Spa in Community Event. 

Another reason to never pay more on this game. Hope for most peoples. With managers like Chris, F1 should take away licence for this ****. 

And again, this same guy never answer, and propably delete that post, because cannot handle criticism and be a MAN!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Lost 1000pts in one night, games getting deleted. 

• Haha 1

My personal opinion is the best update to the game!  Finally, lawn and gravel enthusiasts will get what they deserve!  Codemasters, thank you!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Vitallur, I dissagree. They could easily eliminate lawnmowers with more strict track limits with time/speed penalties for leaving the track. Those penalties are uneven between circuits: e.g. going to the grass at Suzuka or Interlagos results in an almost immediate stop and going off track in the exit of Stowe at Silverstone or cutting the harpin at Hockenheim goes without any penalty. Not mentioning going straight in the Monaco chicane after the tunnel (I tested it, you can still do that after the update, there is no invisible wall like in Monza chicanes). There is a time penalty but it is still a gain compared to keeping track limits, especially if you want to overtake.

This has nothing to do with assists. I race within track limits and there are lots of corners that I can easily do without or with minimal braking and now I have to choose: losing time because of braking assist or losing time because of lack of stability assist.

Edited by Dune861
Typos

All they’ve done is made it harder to keep the car on the track while increasing the punishment for going off the track. This is rally game now. And you still get people knocking you off. 

I’m done with it. 

Posted (edited)

Looks like they are dumbing down the game with the new update to get more casual (full auto) type players perhaps to sell more ads.   I lost so many points and got dropped one elite level within an hour due to the stupid new assist update.  I need low steering assist and nothing else for my driving.  My car is zig zagging all the time on low to no assist.  My lap times are going through the roof as a result.  They turned the game completely upside down for me.  Is medium the way to go until the next update?

Edited by mobileracingfan
  • Agree 1

I would have been happy if the update was only for the report button. 
but Noooooo. They had to mess with something that was working pretty well. i can only handle medium assist level but it’s making playing even more stressful with a mobile. Give me back the old assists!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, elimmel said:

I would have been happy if the update was only for the report button. 
but Noooooo. They had to mess with something that was working pretty well. i can only handle medium assist level but it’s making playing even more stressful with a mobile. Give me back the old assists!

I’d be shocked if the report button actually did anything. I played three duels immediately after the update and was wiped out on each occasion. What good is reporting someone after you’ve lost points?

this update has created more problems than it solved. I’m lapping 4-5 seconds slower than previously, DRS is basically unusable on any track and I don’t know how to set the car up as you can’t compare two laps because you never had the same corner entry. 

I had all assists off before except for low steering and it worked fine, now I’m all over the track. If people wanted to race without steering assist they had the choice but now no-one has any choice.

They’ve also changed the rules and dynamics of the game in the middle of two live events, how are people so haven’t set a time meant to compete with those who set times before the update?

this is a real mess up and I’m ready to hit the delete button  

Posted (edited)

An important positive point is that the destroyers that crashed into you from behind will now be forced to choose what to get - complex control without help or auto-braking before turning. Everyone wanted to somehow punish the destroyers.  For me, this is a significant improvement.

Edited by vitallur

9 minutes ago, vitallur said:

An important positive point is that the destroyers that crashed into you from behind will now be forced to choose what to get - complex control without help or auto-braking before turning. Everyone wanted to somehow punish the destroyers.  For me, this is a significant improvement.

Really? I’ve been smashed off the track in nearly every duel I’ve played. This update hasn’t made a bit of difference to the people who don’t want to race. 

The only good thing from this update is you can get a stupidly fast car without much effort with the extra 2 upgrade slots.  I'm almost maxing out my aero at close to 900.

Posted (edited)

I wonder why was effort spent on messing up extremely well functioning Assist system setup? Give us back control and fun!

Instead the future efforts should go to:

- really severe penalties for rear-ending in braking zones to completely eliminate that behaviour. Current power reduction is far too short.

- more penalties for start line side-smashing

- more penalties for Monaco chicane cutting

I wonder if 100 000 players would ask for refund for all the payments from game, would that make CM move...about 500 000-700 000€ as compensation for making the product unsatisfactory.

Edited by Boozoo1
  • Agree 1

This was the most fun F1 game I have played so far. CM managed to destroy it with this update. 
The car is uncontrollable, skids inside the curves ... I tried many settings and I am far from the records I had so far..
So..i'm out. I salute you!

1 hour ago, StefanP76 said:

This was the most fun F1 game I have played so far. CM managed to destroy it with this update. 
The car is uncontrollable, skids inside the curves ... I tried many settings and I am far from the records I had so far..
So..i'm out. I salute you!

I actually think the steering is a bit better now and it's more accurate on the turn in, but it's far too easy to lose the rear end on a corner and go off track, ruining your race. The problem is the inconsistency, I can take a corner the same way on a number of occasions and everything is fine then suddenly, on one lap, I’ll get a load of oversteer and bang.

What I don’t get is that people always had the option of playing with no steering aids, I had mine set to low but it worked well for me. Now they’ve changed it so you don’t have that choice anymore, limiting the players options.

This has also made the R&D function redundant as I can’t put together consistent laps to be able to tell whether one set-up is better than another.

Before this update this was a fun game to play where progress both on and off the track were easily measured, now it’s frustrating, harder to play, easier to lose and none of the actual problems like people smashing you off the track have been fixed, it’s made it easier for those people. They've completely changed the dynamics of the game which no-one was asking for. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Dune861 said:

Vitallur, I dissagree. They could easily eliminate lawnmowers with more strict track limits with time/speed penalties for leaving the track. Those penalties are uneven between circuits: e.g. going to the grass at Suzuka or Interlagos results in an almost immediate stop and going off track in the exit of Stowe at Silverstone or cutting the harpin at Hockenheim goes without any penalty. Not mentioning going straight in the Monaco chicane after the tunnel (I tested it, you can still do that after the update, there is no invisible wall like in Monza chicanes). There is a time penalty but it is still a gain compared to keeping track limits, especially if you want to overtake.

This has nothing to do with assists. I race within track limits and there are lots of corners that I can easily do without or with minimal braking and now I have to choose: losing time because of braking assist or losing time because of lack of stability assist.

I totally agree with that. There was and still is plenty of tweaks available to improve fairness before having to massively modify gameplay. That’s why I don’t really get it.

But, as some players like vitallur seem to find better balance in that update, I will give it a try to make my own opinion. I only tried single races and not duels because I’m afraid I will endure a severe losing streak 😅

Posted (edited)

After taking on more feedback since yesterday's update and assessing data, we've made more live changes to some aspects of gameplay, including assists and general stability

Full details in our official Facebook group

No photo description available.

Still no low steering assist............

Edited by G1bby

20 minutes ago, G1bby said:

After taking on more feedback since yesterday's update and assessing data, we've made more live changes to some aspects of gameplay, including assists and general stability

Full details in our official Facebook group

No photo description available.

Still no low steering assist............

For me this is a life saver because the new intermediate setting is very close from my previous setting. And honestly it is much more logical now rather than going from medium to off between Novice and Intermediate like it was before.

But I understand that players who want braking off with a low steering still won’t be satisfied.

2 minutes ago, Norrin78 said:

But I understand that players who want braking off with a low steering still won’t be satisfied.

That's all i want back 😥

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, G1bby said:

That's all i want back 😥

That is what many of us want and Codemasters are STILL not listening. If they could do this change like a snap why not to solve the problem once and for all???

Just give any setting with low steering and brake assist off.

Even the LOW brake assist is way too restrictive.

I am amazed that company of this size and big client base on F1 OFFICIAL game just messes up client relationships so easily.