Sign in to follow this  

New update

A patch has been done and now things are much better. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, elimmel said:

A patch has been done and now things are much better. 

Not for me, these are the new options;

No photo description available.

There's still no low steering assist with no braking. Intermediate is far too slow and pro has the car sliding all over the place still. 

Edited by G1bby
  • Agree 1

What an idiots... Instead hear pro drivers, they changed assist for inters...

• Agree 1

My handling is in the 600’s and I just spun out on the first corner at Silverstone!!! Wow this game is terrible now. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Dune861 said:

This update doesn’t change a thing for me.

It doesnt change anything if someone drive 1.50 on Spa...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mattzd said:

Yup, for me the game is done. I’m doing better with braking and steering assist than without. Where’s the fun in that? You’re basically steering a car round a track but that’s what they’ve done with this stupid update and refusing to correct it. 

I’m now deleting it and going back to my other games, shame on CodeMasters. 

Edited by G1bby
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

After a short training session, the results began to approach those that were before the update.  A little more and it will be possible to go without assistants as well. Just a little more training..

Edited by vitallur

Nice to come back having deleted the game months ago. Looks like things haven't changed a bit. Trust Codies to take one of the few functional and operational features and turn it into a disaster. I don't miss playing this at all. I'm still enjoying F1 on RR3 and it's not costing me a cent. 

Posted (edited)

Low assist (pro) will be the max that’s playable after loads of training. Definitely taking away whatever joy that was left in the game. 

Edited by elimmel
  • Agree 2

I lost nearly 2000pts after the update, lost probably 80% of me duels. I have no interest in upgrading my parts anymore as I know they won’t make a difference, the car isn’t the problem. 

the alternative is to switch to intermediate settings but there’s no enjoyment in that, you’re basically steering the car round. 

I’m packing it in now, going to try RR3, CodeMasters clearly don’t care about their product or their customers. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, vitallur said:

After a short training session, the results began to approach those that were before the update.  A little more and it will be possible to go without assistants as well. Just a little more training..

Yes, it's doable with lots of training on singles.  Now I'm driving on veteran setting with +10 steering sensitivity and fighting my way up from Elite 4.  I was at Elite 2 before the update.

Posted (edited)

Codemasters should introduce an assist level with no brake assist and 1 level of Steering assist. The new update was screwing around with assists which were perfect. I could even assess the update due me not having a perfect control of my car and ability to take car to the limit since the car is very sensitive minute vibrations while I catch my phone. Codemasters we need Steering Assist. No Steering assist could be for the people who have ridiculously steady hands or who have a racing rig. I have invested a lot of time in this game, so please don't screw this up.

Edited by eastwood4
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 12:32 PM, vitallur said:

It may be harder for the top 50 players to play, but the rest of the many thousands of players is a great update!

20 hours ago, Boozoo1 said:

That is what many of us want and Codemasters are STILL not listening. If they could do this change like a snap why not to solve the problem once and for all???

Just give any setting with low steering and brake assist off.

Even the LOW brake assist is way too restrictive.

I am amazed that company of this size and big client base on F1 OFFICIAL game just messes up client relationships so easily.

you're trying to combine two opposite ideas in one, either you want it low steering where the car actually corrects your straight line and feel you're in a railway actually and be in the top 5 for example (game only oriented for rookies) or the F1 OFFICIAL GAME where it's actually challenging like F1. look i'm not trying to have any arguments here but i said it as is, i do not break records however for me someone playing the game for 3 months and been only a month without any steering assists means anyone can do it, maybe because i have previous experience in other simulation games without steering i found this one normal to handle. 

so what does it mean?

F1 mobile is trying to level up the players like other sim racing games and i guess especially after F1 mobile qualifiers where our guys fared poorly against other racing consoles, just yesterday one of the top 10 in Qualifiers said that F1 mobile 2020 (the testing event) now feels like F1 2019. 

would they listen to you?

i guess not.

Edited by HabchyRabih

Posted (edited)

There is stated that braking assistance is off in medium mode but it isn't! My car keeps breaking instead of me.

Also, I received a message that assists had been updated but it didn't get any better.

Guys, make a mode with the most popular setup: braking is off, steering - low, stability - full or medium. Or just return the previous assistance setup, what was the point to change it at all.

S00307-14163838.jpg

Edited by Dmitry15
  • Agree 1

2 questions:

1. Who the heck thought the combining of assists and totally screwing it up was a great idea?

2. Did the developers actually play the game? I mean, the car is essentially undrivable on the lowest assist or off and boring as **** with the higher assists. Just terrible. 

Hey guys, let’s address some stuff that worked pretty good and ignore the stuff players are complaining about.

- Codemasters developers

This isn’t hard. Put the assists back how they were. Punish cheaters.

• Agree 1

Just finished set of funfree and frustrating sessions being forced to have no steering assist, if no brake assist is needed. Yes, game can be learned to play with no steering assist by dialling down steering sensitivity.

But this bundling of assists is wrong in so many levels! Its about reducing choises for many paying and loyal clients, its reducing the game experience, its wrong because Codemasters is devaluing the product and not focusing on really critical improvements.

Really sad story how to alienate clients from F1 based popular product. 

• Agree 1

The PI of the opponents is getting ridiculous after the update.  Every car is at least 1800 now.  It's near impossible to beat unless you drive the perfect lap at every race.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:03 PM, mattzd said:

I meant the second update, the one that was introduced after the „feedback” from the players. I still hate the new assists.

4 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

The PI of the opponents is getting ridiculous after the update.  Every car is at least 1800 now.  It's near impossible to beat unless you drive the perfect lap at every race.

That’s the problem with adding the extra r&d slot, everyone thinks they’re getting a huge jump in their PI but so is everyone else. This players with a high PI probably had loads of good parts in reserve so their percentage increase in PI will be much higher. 

They also beefed up the AIs.  Some cars on 0 PI are ridiculously fast beating my 1700 car by 2 seconds when I'm already on my personal best lap.

10 minutes ago, mobileracingfan said:

They also beefed up the AIs.  Some cars on 0 PI are ridiculously fast beating my 1700 car by 2 seconds when I'm already on my personal best lap.

To be honest I’ve started ignoring the car PI. The way the game is set up now the car is secondary. I can drive three or four laps of the same circuit and my times will vary by about 2s. One small mistake and you have to brake longer or you go slightly off track and it screws your lap time up. 

the whole R&D and upgrading parts means nothing anymore as I know it won’t make up for any lost time. That’s why anyone with VIP should just cancel. 

Drove few days and still for me new assists is a piece of sh.... 

And thanks to this morons, i've dropped from 5th to 11th in 0p.i. event global leaderboard because i was too busy to compete on first days when Canada was open, then after update no any chances to be in top.

• Agree 1

So the current live event is pre-season testing the 2020 cars and those of us who won't pay 100CR to enter this event are still using the 2019 cars, correct? 

Am I to assume that once the 2020 cars are released the set-up and characteristics of the car will be totally different once again? So any development we've done to make the 2019 cars drivable after the latest update will be useless and we'll have to go through all this again.