Sign in to follow this  

New update

7 minutes ago, NvGeldorp said:

Just play without assist, it is easy once you managed it

Told us guy with 7th level. 😂😂😂

51 minutes ago, NvGeldorp said:

Just play without assist, it is easy once you managed it

I didn't even mention the asists!!

My point was we've all had to learn to play this again after the update but with the 2020 cars coming soon, we'll likely have to go through all the development work again. It is a waste of our time. 

Codemasters,

how can you know if you got reported or how you can see how many times your opponent got reported?

what are the consequences of being reported?

Posted (edited)

I can guarantee that in survey CodeMasters did the top two issues people had with this game were 1) cheaters who smash you off the track and 2) over aggressive AI cars. What has been done about either of these? Nothing, instead they sabotage about the only thing that worked well and no one complained about, the assists. 

Since the update I probably have a 10% win percentage on grid starts, the opposition player just smashes into me as soon as I turn into the first corner. The report button is winding me up even more as I know it doesn't do anything. It seems sooooooo easy to fix this issue;

1) When you select a duel you're offered a choice of which type you want, qualifying, sprint or grid. Youc an select how ever many you want but if you only want qualifying you just select that. 

2) Add damage to a car once it hits you, if they ram you they get front-wing damage and have to start driving slower, giving you a chance to at least catch up. 

This update is a complete waste of time. I’m not spending another penny on this game. 

Edited by G1bby

Thanks @CMF1mobile for ruining 0 PI event. I've lost 6k points in Canada because i was not able to compete before update, and now after #1 in USA, i am losing 5,8k points to global #1. Math is simple.

*** is wrong with Codemasters for not returning the assist system to normal? Give us back choises and control, many of us are paying clients and you will just lose revenues because of last arrogant change!

Anyone else getting the swarmed by AI cars for grid start races issue? Looks like the slow grid start problem is back. 
for sprints and grid races, the AI is also more aggressive again and seems to protect your opponent should you let one come between your car and opponent’s. 

38 minutes ago, elimmel said:

Anyone else getting the swarmed by AI cars for grid start races issue? Looks like the slow grid start problem is back. 
for sprints and grid races, the AI is also more aggressive again and seems to protect your opponent should you let one come between your car and opponent’s. 

Lost two grid starts in a row last night, one in Australia where I had a good start and was 1s ahead going into the first corner, an AI car overtakes me and hits me into the wall causing a DNF. Another in Canada where I was +3s in the lead over my opponent in the last sector, thought I'd take it nice and slow through the last chicane so I don't hit the wall, another AI car flies up the inside, smashes me into the wall and I DNF. 

The AI behavior is awful. 

So I use the Intermediate level and after maybe 60-70 duels I have to admit that the game feels pretty good. It seems I get less of those unwinable races against players who used to gain a full second over me in the last 2 corners. Is it because of a better matchmaking or because players not using braking assist just walked off?

Unlike what I read in some posts I even seem to get less bad players crashing into me 😯

So in the end, as a casual player I find the game more enjoyable since last update.

More winning has more to do on your general development than AI and matchmaking. 

I still cannot believe that established company betrays its loyal clients like this disaster of assist bundling and failed attempt to fix things. Textbook case study for unnecessary reduction in product value, while pushing clients to stop using their product. 

I still fail to see business logic behind this but perhaps there is none. 

New one just experienced. 
opponent started in grid race at position 1 and me at usual 7th. 
bug or cheat? Opponent’s nick was Motorhead. 

Why is it since the update, every qualification duel I race in Monza, my car hesitates at the start and my opponent zooms past me at full speed???

I’m 0.5s begins before I get to the first corner!!!