Sign in to follow this  

WITH THE NEW ASSISTS, IT'S A FAIR GAME NOW.

I've been reading complaints concerning the new assists, give it chance guys. it's been over a month I've been using the game without steering assists and it doesn't take much time to get the handle of it. I used to watch top players in this game using steering assists, I found it actually odd, because for u to be up there u need to have all assists off, that's what it is in other simulation games. why this one has to be different? for someone who's been driving the game without any assists, that's fair game for me. anyway, it needs a bit of practice if you know your racing line.

no help in steering actually helps you taking the corner wider for a much faster exit or for instance, it's much easier to go the 1st chance in Melbourne without even touching the breaks, I know it can be done in low steering but the success is much higher without any. 

it's not all gloomy and doomy,,, most who's complaining now will enjoy it once they get the hang of it.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The thing is I want my car to go straight on the straights.  I have to constantly fidget with minor steering input to keep it going straight on no assist.  A car doesn't drive like this IRL.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, mobileracingfan said:

The thing is I want my car to go straight on the straights.  I have to constantly fidget with minor steering input to keep it going straight on no assist.  A car doesn't drive like this IRL.

you'll get the feel of it, I admit in event mode it's perfect while on duel mode it's challenging bcz u need really clean racing or u end up in the wall, now maybe some players can't swing as much or they might lose control over the car which might improve clean racing, that's TBD,,,, 

just give it a couple of days and good luck.

Edited by HabchyRabih
correction
  • Disagree 1

Guys, to go without assistants in difficult turns is also abnormal.  For example, in Monza, without assistants, you need to press the brake only 3 times!  This not normal!  Driving has become more believable and that’s good.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I toned down the steering sensitivity setting from +10 to 0.  Now the car is more "drivable" under no assist. 

• Agree 1

Yes it can be learned but taking away user choice to manage the car settings is still degradation of the product.

It basically limits where and how you can play game. No steering assists basically needs very stable body position to enjoy the game.

So the outcome is that game will be played less by advanced players, perhaps this is what Codemasters wants to do.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

I toned down the steering sensitivity setting from +10 to 0.  Now the car is more "drivable" under no assist. 

bit by bit increase it to +10, you'll be able to drive it

1 hour ago, Boozoo1 said:

Yes it can be learned but taking away user choice to manage the car settings is still degradation of the product.

It basically limits where and how you can play game. No steering assists basically needs very stable body position to enjoy the game.

So the outcome is that game will be played less by advanced players, perhaps this is what Codemasters wants to do.

actually it's the other way around, i play tilt with a phone with no assists and i have no issues, helping you straightening up the car is no advanced.  I'm used to RR3 and actually driving RR3 is harder with all the changes that have been made by F1 mobile. it was an arcade and now more of a sim racing game.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, HabchyRabih said:

actually it's the other way around, i play tilt with a phone with no assists and i have no issues, helping you straightening up the car is no advanced.  I'm used to RR3 and actually driving RR3 is harder with all the changes that have been made by F1 mobile. it was an arcade and now more of a sim racing game.

You dont understand one thing. Peoples wants to have choice. They started with arcade, payed for this model and now everything is changed.

If someone playing without assist, nothing has changed, but for most players this is completely new game. Peoples will leave this game rather that learning from the begining.

For me, player from Top20, this game now is unacceptable.

• Agree 2

It may be harder for the top 50 players to play, but the rest of the many thousands of players is a great update!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, vitallur said:

It may be harder for the top 50 players to play, but the rest of the many thousands of players is a great update!

i think you are missing the point - given what I have seen before in 5000-8000+ region, almost all of the drivers had this setting: Max stability, Braking assist off, Steering assist low. It made racing really good as the drivers could keep the chosen line thru very fast corners, racing confidently wheel to wheel. 

Now clean racing it is virtually impossible - on every race I see even top players in heavy trouble due to lack of steering assist - way more accidents, less clean races and many frustrated drivers as a result.

Long fast opening sweeps at Suzuka or ending fast sweeps at Silverstone are now without steering assist complete hit-and-miss frustrating experience.

it is extremely stupid change to do by CM, especially as many good racers have completely lost confidence and consistency in driving. Not to mention less FUN!

If you want to have steering assist off - fine, this choice was available before. Why it should be taken away now? Who is benefiting from it really? What was fundamentally wrong with the assist setup before - NOTHING!

Forcing everyone into badly thought assist packages is showing that CM does not really care about their clients. Potentially a lot of good people will just stop playing the game.

Edited by Boozoo1
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, vitallur said:

You've asked everyone and they've said that have they? 

1 hour ago, Boozoo1 said:

Long fast opening sweeps at Suzuka or ending fast sweeps at Silverstone are now without steering assist complete hit-and-miss frustrating experience.

I find toning down the steering sensitivity to 0 plus adding more handling in R&D seem to bring back 80% of the "feel" of the old steering assist.  At least I can now drive straight with minimum fidgeting most of the time.

Posted (edited)

Previously, it was possible to take turns without reducing the speed, which does not really happen.  Now done more realistic.

Naturally, if you do not reduce the speed in a turn, then this should not happen with impunity ..

Edited by vitallur

On 3/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, mattzd said:

You dont understand one thing. Peoples wants to have choice. They started with arcade, payed for this model and now everything is changed.

If someone playing without assist, nothing has changed, but for most players this is completely new game. Peoples will leave this game rather that learning from the begining.

For me, player from Top20, this game now is unacceptable.

For me too, it was a pleasure to play this game until now. Since the last update, I have no pleasure to play it anymore! They've just ruined the game, once again ;)! The people from Codemasters, in charge of choosing the strategy, has nothing to do with the reality!

By the way, HabchyRabih, how well are Comasters paying their employees?

32 minutes ago, RMarco13 said:

For me too, it was a pleasure to play this game until now. Since the last update, I have no pleasure to play it anymore! They've just ruined the game, once again ;)! The people from Codemasters, in charge of choosing the strategy, has nothing to do with the reality!

By the way, HabchyRabih, how well are Comasters paying their employees?

honestly? i've been playing the game for over 3 months and i'm already top 100 easy withing my first month of participation (f1 mobile qualifier) 

why? because i'm not super fast but mostly rookies around playing, you can check how well the top 10 in the F1 mobile qualifier with other consoles, they were nowhere,  i played other sim games before and without any assists, the feel of this game without assists is almost the same, imagine a game with a low steer like a railway underneath ur car and correcting every move, and you tap your shoulders for a good job done. 

i am sure the old days will never come back to this game, on the bright side I've been reading feedbacks from top players in the game, they absolutely love the handling of F1 2020 during the testing event. 

so practice and you'll get the hang of it like anyone else.

No one is disputing the fact that no assist can be an option. But what we want is to have that choice to make. Not stuff it down our throats and then when it trickles down to events, pay more to retry. 
seems to be their mode of operation with every update. 

On 3/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, elimmel said:

No one is disputing the fact that no assist can be an option. But what we want is to have that choice to make. Not stuff it down our throats and then when it trickles down to events, pay more to retry. 
seems to be their mode of operation with every update. 

well, it's not up to me oo judge and honestly, it's fair if to re-introduce steering assists but it shouldn't help to get faster then someone who's driving no aids at all to the limits, that must be rewarded that's all.

I almost got kicked out of the Elite league immediately after the update.  I put in the work and learned to drive with no steering assist.  Now I'm back at Elite 1 again.  So it's definitely doable but you have to put in the work and practise.

• Agree 1

On 3/12/2020 at 5:49 AM, mobileracingfan said:

I almost got kicked out of the Elite league immediately after the update.  I put in the work and learned to drive with no steering assist.  Now I'm back at Elite 1 again.  So it's definitely doable but you have to put in the work and practise.

it is and soon you'll be breaking your PB 🙂, not to mention it's much more enjoyable to drive. good luck