Sign in to follow this  

[Cars / Tracks] free idea – dynamic surface

So I have this idea.. I'm not sure if my imagination hadn't gone too far :) and if this is possible at all, but.. roads are changing over time, right ? …right.. soo
I was thinking of something like small randomly generated additions on track surface which can (but don’t have to - in case you miss it) affect your driving. Something like:
- tarmac - small areas of snow, ice, sand, puddles, maybe oil(after previous driver crash or engine failure :))
 - sand/gravel - small bumps, holes ,ditches , name it

In general something you’ll notice, and after approaching without proper reaction it can do something.. not sure what yet.. Maybe all of that could impact ffb and/or handling according to physics... it could be placed on left, right, or center. Not sure though if current in-game physics can handle that.
I wouldn't use co-driver calls for this, so there could be problem with balance on how much this would impact handling/affect stage.

OK so now let’s go to multiplayer and online events.
I can imagine that in competitive MP world everything is about exact the same track. Idea would be that each stage along with additions will generate unique signature which can be reused in online events or even signature can be defined in event and reused in game. Signature will cover weather, daytime and these surface additions, so everyone can have the same track or use default randomizer.

I think that on long run this would make each race in some way unique and maybe limit a bit habit of memorizing track in 100% and make You more focused and aware of what is ahead. Overall for casual player like me, something like this would make game more unpredictable and surprising even with limited tracks = more fun.
 And what about rest, what are Your thoughts?

Again - small additions (like small surprises)
cheers

nice ideas, it should already be like this mind, however, i think it needs taking a step further and add track deformation like what was in sega rally 3 but more refined, having a cleaner surface dependent on running order  may add some depth and change the way a stage is driven on a 2nd pass

I think this really would not only make immersion better, but like you said every stage always little bit unpredictable and unique. Implementing this with some correlation to road order (some rocks come up from inside corners) and with Some other happenings etc. it would be even better. Just like in real rally. I like this idea!

Yes, I would love to see wear and road order implemented somehow, but I suspect it would take a lot of work.

i like it, but only with option to enable it or not,
becouse sometimes i just want to break my record and it will be too hard when the stage will be diferent every time.

but i really like the idea. 

Playing as a real Rally/Rallycross/Hillclimb competition Online, that will be something that never seen before in rally games.

I think what Codemasters will be thinks in this caracteristic seriously.

nice ideas, it should already be like this mind, however, i think it needs taking a step further and add track deformation like what was in sega rally 3 but more refined, having a cleaner surface dependent on running order  may add some depth and change the way a stage is driven on a 2nd pass
this would be dream , but i think current game state can be to advanced for that, and what I was thinking about is making some spots on surface which will add (or not) some defined elements it might be easier to accomplish 

Its well known that stages get torn up by WRC cars really bad & not so much by 2WD cars.
I think a  Spin tires system would work in a milder form less you went into soft ground.

But first cars on the road should suffer from lack of grip due to cleaning the loose gravel & mud off the top surface.
So as in real life 3rd to mid table runners should have the best runs , however it would worse for those towards the back end of the rankings.

Leading to have to find good way of getting a good running slot to give yourself a better chance of winning an event.

Yes that sort of system would lead to people complaining its to hard , so yes an option to disable it to.