Jump to content Jump to content

FFB- T300 and Various Wheels

senna94f1

5 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

You need to read people post fully before you make a statement. You don't need to read all my comments in this post just the last one, then when you do...

SORRY ABOUT THAT! 

I have so much telemetry data comparing pad and wheel users. One of the biggest deltas is the lack of grip with very large spikes with wheel slippage. When I use the single player, the wheel slippage decreases quite a bit, not much, enough to be competitive with eSports Qualifications. 

16 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

So you don't do league races or compete online? Just using single player? 

Go online and the FFB is different. Actually, the level of grip falls considerably when going online with a wheel. 

Don't worry about it we all make small errors. 

I hope CM look into the pad issue, I feel we the customer are just beta testing when it comes to CM F1 series.

I guess I'll have to miss a few year's again b4 I buy F1 again.

Next year will need a big leap in everything about the game.

If I buy the game it won't be until the price drops. Lol maybe I'll wait until Christmas next year

Hi all,

ive been testing in multiplayer unranked for our uk and American League,

can someone please explain to me why using identical settings and use t300 on ps4 why 1 day the cars rev up thro the gears and sound is perfect and I can get good laps in lap after lap, all compound tyres feels grippy,

the sound of game was good,

then another day same identical settings ,same cars , same everything  , the car feels like the handbrake has been pulled full on and won't even Rev to top gear,  all compounds feel no grip what so ever and car handling feels terrible, and lap times are 3 seconds down and erratic,

this time the game sounds were appalling, sounds kept cutting in and out at certain corners of track,

i even tried another set of headphones and no difference,

surely this can't be a patch or bug , or can it,

can this be a server issue,

i am almost done with f12019 in league racing,

i live stream on YouTube so it's all in black and white,

come on Barry, something is fundamentally wrong with this game,

we only want F2 if F1 works,

And everything worked perfectly from day one release, including sound and ffb for wheel users, even pad vs wheel was equal,

and it's just on this game ok , not on any other racing game on my ps4 using my wheel,

it has to be bad patches or bad servers , we all know this so why won't codemasters fix problems, or simply is it codemasters know but refuse to fix any problems,  because come on this has gone on for months and months ,

and your telling all customers that you can't put right these problems,

i for one will never buy another f1 game from codemasters at full price, 

so it begs question,if you can't or won't fix problems then please atleast revert back to dayone release version.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, YesItsReallyMe said:

@BarryBL Just swinging by in the hope of a Christmas miracle. Do we have any news or anything new to report on this along with the game menus resetting DOR which was highlighted by Hoo very early on in this thread. It's all gone quiet on both issues.

Just give up with this. I hope they just admit they f-Ed up with some sort of deep hard coded pad controller benefit. 

On 23 December 2019 at 6:42 PM, ShelbyUSA said:

Just give up with this. I hope they just admit they f-Ed up with some sort of deep hard coded pad controller benefit. 

Merry Christmas.

i agree don't waste your time hoping for a bug fix because according to codemasters the f12019 works as it should do,

it has not been officially announced but what we thought were bugs and got asked to post and report bugs was just to keep the masses quiet,. Which meant in the meantime Codemasters could continue changing the core dynamics with each patch to sell to a younger audience on pads ,

when f12019 was 1st released the game was great on a wheel , but once you got reeled in and bought the game they then on purpose set there sights targeting a new customer,

and that's the part I don't like, 

I personally won't get tricked again and will now wait every year until the game is around £20 ,

I will now go back to PC and leave codemasters to trick and mislead there loyal customer base ,

there ought to be a law against this sort of thing and I guess the loophole is 3 yrs plus ,but that can backfire if a child gets  hurt while using a wheel on any racing game,

theres always good and bad in every company,

instead of searching and finally finding out the truth I should have been racing and actually reporting about bugs that we shouldn't have to report in the 1 st place ,,

i wish codemasters the all the best for the future,  and wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year.

• 1 month later...

This issue is much worse on patch 1.20. My setups don't even work online now either I have to race online using default setups. Not good for league racing. 2 races left then I'm done I'm afraid. It's just a complete waste of time doing any kind of league racing in unranked lobbies. Spend a couple of days making a setup for upcoming league race and come race night it's like you have uploaded a random setup that just doesn't work at all. Like 4secs slower than you were doing in practice. 

Quickest/stable game mode for me is career. FFB is perfect, setups work etc etc. I've explored and tested every avenue now and it's getting worse not better.

DOR is till being reset too going into the menus. Duplicating your settings in the FFB menu does this everytime. Hoo replicated this issue around last August/September and a fix was supposed to be in progress. It's in the early part of this thread. 

@BarryBL

System: PS4 pro

Wheel: Fanatec DD

Codemasters

Please compare GP mode vs online lobby

1. differences Force Feedback

2. grip differences

Please check both. GP mode is fantastic!

If the game in the online lobby is like gp mode ...

.... people will adore you.

Hi everyone,

sorry i haven't posted but I've been told not to multiple post about same issues,

nothing will be fixed guys , Barry himself said they had tested and can't find anything wrong with ffb ,

ive explained how to feel the huge difference in ffb with different cars but I don't think they understand or they are so fixated on controller users and not wheel users,

which begs the question why is the advertising boards in f12019 around the tracks advertisement for fanatec wheels ,

plus it says for 3 years old plus to play this game but that age group by law is not allowed on this forum,

i will repeat this one last time,

on dayone release early 3 day access Senna vs Prost ps4 store the game was truly a masterpiece,

the ffb was perfect, sound was perfect, all the assists worked the more you took assists off the quickest the car went ,

you could race with pin point accuracy on the apex and pad vs controller was equal,

that was patch 1.03 , since then the core of the game has been changed , if that means taking or muting the ffb to include f2 then drop f2 ,

even pad users are complaining about the terrible under steer,

the f12019 cars have no grip and probably the worst understeer of anything I've ever raced , yet the multiplayer cars are much better to drive and most leagues now use the multiplayer cars , which kinda defeats the object of calling it f12019 ,

what I can also add when we were racing in a American League few weeks ago , during a 100% race the multiplayer car felt terrible, no grip , changing the brake pressure wether 100% or 50% made no difference,. But when someone left the race due to crashing or got disconnected,

after  that person left the multiplayer car  suddenly felt amazing, ffb returned and car felt great to drive , suddenly my lap times and everyone else's lap times improved,

so is this a server issue,

ive gave up on this game and after 8 months of posting about bugs and praising how good Pcars2 is ,they buy the studio that makes Pcars,

land I also noticed that PCARS 2 is the only game from SMM that codemasters have put in there list games that say they produced PCARS2 , which was released in 2017,

codemasters you now have Ian bell and his team from SMS , so there should be absolutely no excuse for another bad f1 game ,

and fixing the league thing in f12019 is too late, no one will risk taking the time to put there league in there again,

• Administrator
23 hours ago, YesItsReallyMe said:

This issue is much worse on patch 1.20. My setups don't even work online now either I have to race online using default setups. Not good for league racing. 2 races left then I'm done I'm afraid. It's just a complete waste of time doing any kind of league racing in unranked lobbies. Spend a couple of days making a setup for upcoming league race and come race night it's like you have uploaded a random setup that just doesn't work at all. Like 4secs slower than you were doing in practice. 

Quickest/stable game mode for me is career. FFB is perfect, setups work etc etc. I've explored and tested every avenue now and it's getting worse not better.

DOR is till being reset too going into the menus. Duplicating your settings in the FFB menu does this everytime. Hoo replicated this issue around last August/September and a fix was supposed to be in progress. It's in the early part of this thread. 

@BarryBL

Regarding fine-tuning your setup, in what mode did you create your setup? Did you use Time Trail? What car did you use?

Hi @BarryBL. I fine tune setups in unranked practice lobbies. 45 minute session. Setting up the lobby exactly same as we race under for our leagues. Assists off, SC on Full damage etc. Equal performance and using the car I race in the league so this season it has been the Torro Rosso. Same way I've always tweaked my setups on past games with the online practice feature. I've had all 10. I've done it on my own and with a friend and the setup works as expected. But come race night the same setup just doesn't work when we are under race conditions. It was Austria this week.

I understand that codies can't replicate the issue, but what are we the players supposed to do who have this issue? We've been plodding on since August with it. It's a serious issue guys, and one that is making me stop league racing on this game. Something I've never done the past 10years I've been racing. 

Tried a full uninstall and reinstall too, still the same.

• Administrator

HI @YesItsReallyMe,

We've ran a similar test with myself and another player who copied your level of assists/settings etc. We also ran unranked practice lobby, before race.

To dig into detail, can you specify exactly how the FFB feels different. Excessive understeer/oversteer? General lack of grip in comparison. How extreme is your setup? Are the feeling instant in race or do they develop as the race goes on.

I have a survey planned on this thread coming soon, just to try to get a quantifiable feeling amongst the people who have reported this (so Game Mode, Car, Scenario, Setting etc)

Hey!

I'd be interested to hear about performance differences between Online and non-online modes. Try to limit the game's performance by for example limiting the cores it can use and lower its priority, and see if there is any difference 🙂 

I currently cant think of any other issue than one in which the game eats all the power from the computer which causes the drivers to not be able to keep up or something like that...

• Administrator
14 hours ago, LILLHELM said:

I say the settings don't matter.

There is just less grip and / or less FF.

Hi all,

To replicate so we can try and identify the issue, we need exact settings in detail. 

Maybe posting a video leading up to it might save everyone answering 20 questions from myself. Were trying to find this and understand the exact circumstances in which this happens. 

6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

To replicate so we can try and identify the issue, we need exact settings in detail. 

Maybe posting a video leading up to it might save everyone answering 20 questions from myself. Were trying to find this and understand the exact circumstances in which this happens. 

Hi @BarryBL. The FFB feels different like it's not loaded in properly. All strength goes weak and the tyres don't load up. It feels nothing like offline at all. Early part of this thread goes into it in about more detail when we were all reporting it. Sometimes it's okay to start with then gets progressively worse/after making a pitstop can make it do it sometimes. My setups aren't overly aggressive I like the car planted. But these setups that don't work online when you use them offline or in TT you fly with them and the FFB works correctly. 

I made a video for Hoo and sent it in with my game save I sent also on the 31st October. I haven't heard anything back from that. 

The only workaround I have is to enter the ffb menu when your in garage or on the grid before race starts go into ffb menu make a fresh ffb setup but do not change the button layout. Just change the ffb strength and ffb wheel damper to the values you use and save it, but I have to do this method  in every session, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Same for custom camera settings too. Better off sometimes going into online lobby on default cameras then changing them to what you use in the online session. As you can imagine this isn't very good for league racing, out on track in the pause menu so car ghosts while you put your camera and ffb settings in. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't just end up with the weak ffb and the car behaves like you never played the game before, can't keep it on road.

What is the online equal car based on? Is it TT car? Or is it the career car with/without upgrades?

The game modes for me in order of quickest to slowest with same car camera and FFB setup.

Career, TT, GP mode, Online league, Online ranked, Online unranked with multiplayer car, online unranked with official 2019 cars.

I've even tried my wheel on v28 firmware and it's the same on that too.

Hi there,

I recently bought a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition. And everything works perfectly fine in Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally.
But when it comes to F1 2015 or 2017 I have no FFB at all, the game recognises the wheel, all the buttons work, I can drive etc but there is no Force Feedback, no movement in the wheel what so ever.

I've tried the obvious stuff like reinstalling drivers and game, restarting the PC, unplugging the wheel, trying different USB-Ports etc. I tried everything I could find in the Internet and have no clue what's the issue.

Has anyone of you got an Idea an can help me out?

Thank you in advance, I am pretty frustrated atm. Does anyone know if I will have the same issues if I buy F1 2019?

Best regards
Henry

24 minutes ago, Canry said:

Hi there,

I recently bought a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition. And everything works perfectly fine in Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally.
But when it comes to F1 2015 or 2017 I have no FFB at all, the game recognises the wheel, all the buttons work, I can drive etc but there is no Force Feedback, no movement in the wheel what so ever.

I've tried the obvious stuff like reinstalling drivers and game, restarting the PC, unplugging the wheel, trying different USB-Ports etc. I tried everything I could find in the Internet and have no clue what's the issue.

Has anyone of you got an Idea an can help me out?

Thank you in advance, I am pretty frustrated atm. Does anyone know if I will have the same issues if I buy F1 2019?

Best regards
Henry

Project CARS is known to affect FFB in F1 games. Save your money with F1 2019, just read the forums.

12 minutes ago, Canry said:

Ok, thanks. But what can I do to have FFB in F1?

If you have updated firmware in the T300, try uninstalling PCARS2, then uninstall the drivers with Geek and reinstall after a reboot. That would be the test.

Unfortunately, I don't have PCARS2 or F1 '15 or '17 installed and I used a G920 for those games, only used the T300 with '18 & '19

17 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If you have updated firmware in the T300, try uninstalling PCARS2, then uninstall the drivers with Geek and reinstall after a reboot. That would be the test.

Unfortunately, I don't have PCARS2 or F1 '15 or '17 installed and I used a G920 for those games, only used the T300 with '18 & '19

Ok, thank you! I tried all that, but it still doesn't work...

I uninstalled PC2 via Steam, rebooted, used Geek to uninstall the drivers, rebooted, had the wheel unplugged, installed the drivers again and plugged the wheel back in when I was asked to do so. Then I rebooted the Computer again and launched F1. No FFB still.

Thank you for your effort! Any other ideas?

• BarryBL changed the title to FFB- T300 and Various Wheels

Archived