F1 2020 Motor Sound

The most impressive thing about a racing car is the incredible motor sound.

Please Codemasters, make the sound as real as possible for 2020!

Thank you

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They literally record actual F1 engines every year. That's about as real as it gets. (Not that modern F1 cars sound very exciting anyway.)

Edited by scottishwildcat

If one thing is improved in F1 2020, it needs to be the car sounds. All of the cars in 2019 sound very flat and lifeless. Checkout this clip of the RSS 2021 Formula Hybrid X in Assetto Corsa. This is a mod created by a small team of modders and it sounds infinitely better than the Honda engine in F1 2019.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I did pre-order F1 2019, but i will not do that ever again! The F1 car sounds are one big disapointment for me. The F1 car sounds in 2019 are flat. For me it feels like wachting a Action Movie, but with volume at 1. You are missing allot of the race impact.

I did also mention in another post, that for example the Monaco tunnel sound of F1 2018 is much better then in the F1 2019 game. 

The only good in audio for me, are the F2 cars!! They are spot on!

To consider buying F1 2020 depends for 50% of the audio for me.

Also Codemasters, don't forget that high-pitch super sonic tone that is quite audible from the cockpit view and can be heard above the din of engine noises. This sound was not very pronounced in F1 2019. There should also be more emphasis on the cat-back growl under deceleration and early acceleration.  Do these two and engine sounds will be perfected! 

On 3/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, FOneFanatic said:

Also Codemasters, don't forget that high-pitch super sonic tone that is quite audible from the cockpit view and can be heard above the din of engine noises. This sound was not very pronounced in F1 2019. There should also be more emphasis on the cat-back growl under deceleration and early acceleration.  Do these two and engine sounds will be perfected! 

Agreed on the deceleration. One of the few nice things that stood out to me when the V6 era started was the rumbling growl as the cars were coming down through the gears, especially from the Renaults, and Codies just haven't been able to capture that, ever. On the game the car just sounds quite pedestrian under deceleration.

There's also zero variety in engine noises. It just has the samey, flat sound with little character which is fine in the beginning but after a hundred hours it's painfully obvious that the engine just loops the exact same sound.

Some of the engines have very unique sound attributes in reality, like the Williams car was always the loudest in the last couple of years, or the Toro Rosso Honda Engine always had the deepest growl sound in slow corners. Those things are just missing from the game, or they are not as nuanced/highlighted.

Nonetheless I always thought the sound was quite alright in the F1 games though, nothing game breaking.