Sign in to follow this  

Sharing car setups

Hi all, I would like to propose the possibility to share your car setup with others. For example in the following ways:
- Save my settings and actively send them to another user
- If i saved my setting as "public", other people can download them
- When setting a time in online mode, i can choose if i want to make my setting public. If so, other people can download it (a-la-forza motorsport)

I don't think sharing should ever be mandatory, I can imagine that the guys topping the leaderboards would like to keep it to themselves.

Good to see that people agree. Let's hope this gets noticed by Codemasters.

This would be great. I'm ok with basic settings but the advance stuff it's a bit above me. This feature worked brilliantly in Forza so would love to see it in Dirt.

Implement a feature to import and export the car setups as XML or something.
Exportable gameplay statistics would also be a nice thing to have.

if some one want my settings in cars if I have them and not the stupid codemasters default settings send me a message with email, I'll send them to you

I completely agree with that ... also bc i'm quiete not and even really interested good in that (what the f**k do i pay my engineers for ;-)

btw, is it that the settings for each stage are different and adjusted (a bit at least) for the upcoming tracks or is it always better to correct the default settings?

I would also like to see default tunes for gravel, tarmac, and dirt come with the car.  Kudos to whomever set the tune for the E30.  On gravel, it's near perfect :)

For shared setups, it would be nice for the community to be able to vote on if that setup is good or not.  Give people an idea if it's worth trying or not

TabMaster said:
For shared setups, it would be nice for the community to be able to vote on if that setup is good or not.  Give people an idea if it's worth trying or not
Good point!

3 Months ago I would agree... But today, with 350hrs on record I must say that setups are way to individual thing to share or vote for.
I think you have to understand what each setting does first and then tune car accordingly to your driving style.
Driving style is also developing over time. For example I hated RWD's, and to avoid oversteer I tuned Diff. to as loose as possible. Today I am handling RWD's much better and I am doing complete opposite - I am setting diffs stronger (Of course, it depends on car..)
It is bit of alchemy and when we tried to share setups among our group, it just didn't worked-out well.
I admire devs, it must have been lot of work to get default setups foolproof...

ZbP said:
3 Months ago I would agree... But today, with 350hrs on record I must say that setups are way to individual thing to share or vote for.
I think you have to understand what each setting does first and then tune car accordingly to your driving style.
Driving style is also developing over time. For example I hated RWD's, and to avoid oversteer I tuned Diff. to as loose as possible. Today I am handling RWD's much better and I am doing complete opposite - I am setting diffs stronger (Of course, it depends on car..)
It is bit of alchemy and when we tried to share setups among our group, it just didn't worked-out well.
I admire devs, it must have been lot of work to get default setups foolproof...

I agree that finding the perfect setup is something personal, and this cannot be replaced by just downloading somebody else's setup.
However i do think such a feature could help lots and lots of beginning users with less knowledge of setting up their car to easily gather a few setups for different cars under different conditions. This will take them almost no effort, and allow them to experience what it is like to have your car set up differently depending on weather conditions, car type and surface.
Of course not everybody has to use the feature, but i sure think it would be a shame not to have such a feature at all.