Sign in to follow this  

Listen to the Players

Dear Codemasters,

Can you please listen to what the players are telling you about this new update. The Assists are all wrong, before this update everyone was happy with the cars performance our major beef was with the clowns in grid races.

I have to confess I spent over $700 last year(and yes I have receipts)  to upgrade my car so I could get an advantage over other racers. For the newer racers here what I learned was:  yes my car was upgraded better than most and it gave me a big advantage in GP events to overcome my lack of skill and make me very competitive, but it also made duels more difficult to win as now I was matched against similar PI racers. My aero was at 941 and overall PI set at 1828, but in hindsight I would have been better not to spend money and have the car around the 1200 PI mark. It was way easier to win races at that level.

With this update the assists are all wrong and there is simply no advantage in upgrading parts so updating with credits as one accumulates them is still valid as what else can you do with them but to spend any money is just stupid. 

Codemasters: F1 cars don't drive like the present assists with twitchy cars fishtailing and flying off the road with the slightest mistake. F1 cars have outstanding grip and handling!

For me the game has become unplayable. I never enjoyed grid starts because of the clowns (and very rarely entered one) but I did enjoy qualifying races and single races where I could try and improve my lap times.

I was very much looking forward to the 2020 season and yes I would have purchased a team car and a season pass  but now I am stopping playing because all the enjoyment has gone.

While last year I spent $700 (my mistake) I would have this year happily spent $100-$200 for a game I enjoy. It's a relativity cheap sport and entertainment, however after many hours testing and trying different setups the game now is totally wrong and I'm not the only one telling you this its all over this forum and Reddit.

I have stopped playing as of now. I will continue to monitor this forum and Reddit from time to time to see if you have ditched the new assist format and re-introduce the old format everyone is asking for.

Until then its bye from me.

• Agree 4

I 100% agree.  There is no telling how much I have spent on this game or how much time I spend playing.  Way too much of both.  I am having to relearn how to drive now.  The mode that says no brakes does brake for you.  My lap times are down 3 seconds in that mode.  If you go to the professional setting, you are all over the place.  I play on my phone.  I don't need to relearn how to play this game right before the 2020 season starts.  That's bull ****.  Bring back to old settings.  

I do like that everyone seems to be driving civil now and am 100% for that.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, CoachSims said:

I do like that everyone seems to be driving civil now and am 100% for that.  

Are you sure?  I still get taken out by the cheats at every given opportunity.  The new "report cheat" button is a joke.  It doesn't really do anything other make you feel a little bit better after DNF.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

Are you sure?  I still get taken out by the cheats at every given opportunity.  The new "report cheat" button is a joke.  It doesn't really do anything other make you feel a little bit better after DNF.

Yup, with the low stability now any touch sends you flying all over the place. This update has given the non-racers even more advantage. But oh yeah we can ‘report’ them. 

I just had about 6 or 7 grid starts in a row where I was taken out in the first corner by the opposition player. My safety rating went from 4.7 to in the red during that time. 

why can’t the front of the car be more sensitive to damage so any one smashing into another player gets front wing damage and they drive much slower, so you’ve got a chance of catching them up again. 

There was so much wrong with this game and they decided to change the assists 🙄 I’m close to giving up now. 

Edited by G1bby