DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#FeedbackFriday 15/05/15 - UI Special

How do you feel about the game this week?

Generally satisfied with the progress, challenging yet fun but the force feedback still sucks, lack of clutch in sequential mode still sucks, inability to change FOV whilst in game is irritating and you should be able to set your wheel rotation to the maximum (e.g. 900 degrees) and then have the game automatically adjust the rotation to suit the car. Oh and I want to be able to turn the steering wheel off in the cockpit view.

How do you feel about us? Are we talking enough? Too much?

I am happy that you are taking this approach to development, you can never talk too much as long as you are also listening.

•Are we talking about the right things?

It would be nice to get feedback on which suggestions from forum members you are a) definitely doing, b) taking into consideration and c) don’t have any plans to do or can’t be done because of technology limitations.

What could we do better?

See above.

UI Special Questions

What is your Number 1 biggest frustration in the UI?

I want to be able to use my mouse in menu selections.

•Do you use the Quick Select to navigate the UI?

not yet

•Is there any extra information that you would like to have available to you in the Service Area or is it ok?

Stage length & personal best time

•Does the UI identify Rally Stages clearly enough?

Stage length required.

•What works or does not work on the UI for Vehicle Selection?

It would be helpful to include the shift method of each vehicle (H Pattern or sequential) so we know which one to select for increased immersion.

•Do you find the Team Management part of the UI easy to understand and navigate?

Yes

•What is your favourite thing about the UI?

It is clean and sleek looking

•Does the UI allow you to get into the race quick enough

yes

•Where do you most often go when you return to the UI from a race

To another race or to another sim depending on how well I did J

• What is your Number 1 biggest frustration in the UI?
    -No mouse navigation, too much console influence everywhere
  • Do you use the Quick Select to navigate the UI?
    -No
  • Is there any extra information that you would like to have available to you in the Service Area or is it ok?
    -Ride height comes to mind
  • Is there anything missing or misplaced in the UI?
    -Icons we can click with mouse
  • Does the UI identify Rally Stages clearly enough?
    -Intro vid would be nice, Couple of seconds for debrief and some shots of stage. Like in the old NFS games. But with many stages, this could become too much time-consuming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKVta-BvKA
  • What works or does not work on the UI for Vehicle Selection?
    -I cannot select different livery
  • Do you find the Team Management part of the UI easy to understand and navigate?
    Yes, but I cannot select "extend contract". Mouse navigation and clickable icons would solve this
  • Do you prefer screen hot buttons or actual screen navigation?
    Screen navigation
  • Does the UI allow you to get into the race quick enough
    No, too much console influence with "press enter to start/continue" and no mouse control.
  • Where do you most often go when you return to the UI from a race
    -back in the main menu

Before you get that far though we want to know how you're feeling about our 3rd week of Early Access.
  • How do you feel about the game this week? I really enjoy it yet.
  • How do you feel about us? Are we talking enough? Too much? Talk a bit more. We're hungry for any news.
  • Are we talking about the right things? Usually.
  • What could we do better? You should give us direct links in some case to your developers.

UI Special Questions

• What is your Number 1 biggest frustration in the UI? Too much key combinations (16, 17, 18 , sometimes 5)
  • Do you use the Quick Select to navigate the UI? Never. Drop it to trash. 
  • Is there any extra information that you would like to have available to you in the Service Area or is it ok? LENGTH of the stage. Very important for a sim.
  • Is there anything missing or misplaced in the UI? Length of the stages, again. may the temperature, if we could make a tyre selection.
  • Does the UI identify Rally Stages clearly enough? Yes it does.
  • How do you feel about the way rewards are presented and the end of an event? Doesn't mind. Ceremony with 3 cars should welcome later IMO (in a photo shoot style)
  • What works or does not work on the UI for Vehicle Selection? There are no intersting of all. A bit simple and a bit boring. What is missing: real time rendering of a skin (mod) with showroom. In this case DiRT rally not a modding-friendly one. OK, we could change the skins, but pain in the arse to find what car we need to select to play with it. Give us a simple showroom, like in Assetto Corsa or in Project cars!
  • Do you find the Team Management part of the UI easy to understand and navigate? Not more complicated than other.
  • What is your favourite thing about the UI? It's simplicity. I liked in case of CMR 2. That was the best in my opinion.
  • Do you prefer screen hot buttons or actual screen navigation? I don't like to remind lot of keys. Please forget 16/17/18 buttons, use only one may two buttons (one for forward, one to step back from a menu). 
  • Does the UI allow you to get into the race quick enough. I think yes, and this is a reason why we like it with its bad things
  • Where do you most often go when you return to the UI from a race I should go back only to the service park, not to the main menu as we can do it now.
I hope my answers should help developers to make the game's UI better. Thanks for the questions! Cheers

• How do you feel about the game this week?
Loading a controller preset and changing advanced wheel settings every time I change type of gear (i use wheel and manual H or sequential gear)

• How do you feel about us? Are we talking enough? Too much?
N/A.

• Are we talking about the right things?
N/A.

• What could we do better?
N/A.

• What is your Number 1 biggest frustration  
  •  
  • change to controller settings

No.

• Is there any extra information that you would like to have available to you in the Service Area or is it ok?
I prefere high car damage but less time to repair  damage (mechanic crew, change wheels 3 min, repair brakes complete 10 min, gear change complete 25 min..)

- Change tyres for gravel snow tarmac (slick interm rain)

Yes, missed lenght, possibility choose tyres at park assist

• How do you feel about the way rewards are presented and the end of an event?
N/A.

Is good for me

• Do you find the Team Management part of the UI easy to understand and navigate?
N.a.

• What is your favourite thing about the UI?
is simple

I use only the keyboard for navi, but i have the wheel

• Does the UI allow you to get into the race quick enough
Yes.

This week it is a menu and UI special, don't feel like you have to answer all the points (I know there is a lot!) but it would be really useful to find out what you love and hate about our UI.

Before you get that far though we want to know how you're feeling about our 3rd week of Early Access.

• How do you feel about the game this week? 
  • How do you feel about us? Are we talking enough? Too much?
  • Are we talking about the right things?
  • What could we do better?

UI Special Questions

• What is your Number 1 biggest frustration in the UI?
  • How do you feel about the way rewards are presented and the end of an event?
  • What is your favourite thing about the UI?
  • Does the UI allow you to get into the race quick enough
  • Where do you most often go when you return to the UI from a race
How do you feel about the game this week? : The same as every week, fantastic game, it's what we have been waiting a long looooooong time for.
It's all about understanding the potency of an uncluttered p1ssing contest . . it's like a giant Time Trial . .a luxury version.
We are here because we like to drive . . .then there are the best who like to be the best . . . and those like me who just love the challenge and the driving.
In our heads we can create our own position, my competition are those in the middle, my M8 Rastus' competition are at the top . . .and  so it goes on, something for everyone.

• Does the UI identify Rally Stages clearly enough? : This is where the game is excellent. There are some sections  where the instructions can be slightly ahead of the progress but this is fine, once you are familiar with the section it all makes sense . . . overall the instructions are excellent. So many times, in different games, we have complained about the timing of  the instructions but in Dirt Rally they have finally arrived as needed. (this is my interpretation of the question).
  • Does the UI allow you to get into the race quick enough : For so many years we have been screaming at CM to give us what we have in Dirt Rally . . fast and efficient.
  • Where do you most often go when you return to the UI from a race : Straight into the next one and when warmed up take on the daily challenge.
I have only just seen this thread so will answer more questions next time after using the above questions as a guide . . .