Sign in to follow this  

{TRACKS & CARS] Different Hillclimb and Rallycross stages

Nice, there will be some Hillclimb and Rallycross stages on DiRT Rally! But as far as today, Codies has just announced, via their Timeline, very few stages for these disciplines. Only Pikes Peak (new and old variant) for Hillclimb and 3 unnamed locations for Rallycross. Do you guys know any other locations that can be added?

I think there should be quite a few hillclimb stages, at least 3. Pikes Peak is great, but there are a lot of locations that would perfectly fit for both hillclimb and rally, like Mt. Washington.
As for rallycross, I think 3 tracks is a small amount too. 5 or more would be really nice.

IMO those two disciplines are as important as rally. DiRT means diversity to me.

I also think these two types of rallying are important, but if they're going to be in the final version, I just hope Codies are going to include more tracks other than the ones that are already announced.
Oscar97's numbers are a minimum for me, While 6-8 different locations are good for hillclimb and rallycross,  from 8 to 10 are expected in the "proper" rally mode (point-to-point).
Again Codies, as I always say in my posts, if these extra locations would take more time to develop, just delay the release date for, say, end 2016. We've already awaited for more than 10 years for a CMR sequel, so 1 more won't be as bad as you'd think!

I do fear diversification away from a very solid base of rallying. I know this team have experience of doing so, but having seen Project CARS diversify to the point where they haven't mastered any of the attempted forms, I would worry about the same here. Now, hillclimbing should be fine and, so long as there is contact physics and solid AI, so should rallycross, but the only thing missing from the base game for me is more content, so to see resources used on other rally 'forms' worries me that we won't ever see the amount of content I'd like for standard rallying (ie: more than two stages for each location).