DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

4 Reasons why Autosport is better than grid 2019

I have played a lot Grid Autosport in the last time to compare it with the grid 2019 game

Here are 4 Reasons why Grid Autosport is better than Grid 2019 in my opinion:

Reason 1: The AI

The AI is so much faster and better and much more challenging than in the new Grid, Medium is sometimes like very hard in the new Grid.... And Hard and Very hard are really challenging, I Love challenges it makes so much more fun, okay sometimes they are too aggresive but overall they are very good at driving and very fast

Reason 2: The Content

Grid Autosport has so much more Content like Drift, Drag, Touring, Open Wheel, Endurance, Tuners and more.... It also has much more Tracks than the new one! I

Reason 3: Splitscreen

You can drive with your friends championsships against the AI, it makes so fun, also missing in the new grid

Reason 4: A much better Career Mode

The career mode is really long, there are sooooo much events and championsship to do in each Race Category.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Racing on racenet challenge against the shadow car of your mates, tuning the car to get that little bit of an edge!

Trying to hit the 🐿️

I disagree with the AI. GRID Autosport's AI is as easy as in 2019... and I feel like the AI in Autosport is more agressive than in 2019 causing them to constantly crash into you for no apparent reason.

On 3/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, UP100 said:

I disagree with the AI. GRID Autosport's AI is as easy as in 2019... and I feel like the AI in Autosport is more agressive than in 2019 causing them to constantly crash into you for no apparent reason.

The AI in Grid 2019 is truly shocking. They rarely overtake one another and rarely interact with one another, with their sole purpose in life seemingly to make life as difficult as possible for you - and you only - without any regard for the outcome of their actions. Not forgetting that when you do finally pass them all and hit the front they, well, just give up. Autosport's AI may not have been the best but at least they acted with a certain degree of etiquette on the track. 

The only things I will disagree with the op's list is that firstly, career mode in GAS is insanely boring and secondly, there are considerably more than four reasons as to why Autosport is better than Grid 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Autosport's AI may not have been the best but at least they acted with a certain degree of etiquette on the track. 

The etiquette of not controlling their cars and just smashing into you at corner exists as they just couldn't bother to keep their wheel pointing toward the apex 😁

"4 Reasons why Autosport is better than grid 2019"

Codemasters: "Manage your expectations"

😂

• Haha 1

Heh. It's funny because there are more reasons why GRID 2 is even better than GAS. Vehicle physics and handling being one of them. I've said it many times and I'll say it again.....the handling in GRID 2 is the most fun in all of the series by far. Drifting around corners in every track never felt so satisfying as it does in GRID 2. The game is a love letter to Sega's old arcade racers such as Scud Race, Sega Rally Championship and OutRun 2. However, if you hate arcade handling in any way, then disregard this post 😛

• Disagree 5

On 3/11/2020 at 12:15 AM, isamu99 said:

Heh. It's funny because there are more reasons why GRID 2 is even better than GAS. Vehicle physics and handling being one of them. I've said it many times and I'll say it again.....the handling in GRID 2 is the most fun in all of the series by far. Drifting around corners in every track never felt so satisfying as it does in GRID 2. The game is a love letter to Sega's old arcade racers such as Scud Race, Sega Rally Championship and OutRun 2. However, if you hate arcade handling in any way, then disregard this post 😛

Grid 2 is the worst Grid game in terms of handling/physics , content , graphics is great and overall is a good arcade racing game

• Like 2

Only 4 reasons? Good joke. You could easily type fourth times more

On 3/7/2020 at 4:31 AM, Katzenkralle91 said:

Reason 1: The AI

The AI is so much faster and better and much more challenging than in the new Grid, Medium is sometimes like very hard in the new Grid.... And Hard and Very hard are really challenging, I Love challenges it makes so much more fun, okay sometimes they are too aggresive but overall they are very good at driving and very fast

I don't really find the AI to be any harder or easier.  On both, I'd say, on average, I was on pace with AI on the hard difficulty, and even then, it's car and track dependent for me.  I would say my average pace was slightly better on Autosport, and that's really due to the new game's dislike of power application on curbs.

Reason 2: The Content

Grid Autosport has so much more Content like Drift, Drag, Touring, Open Wheel, Endurance, Tuners and more.... It also has much more Tracks than the new one! I

The track argument isn't worth trying to argue. As for cars...

Drift: Not much of a drifter here, but I can say I at least somewhat enjoyed drifting in Race Driver: Grid, especially the Drift GP events.  Autosport on the other hand, it was the bane of my existence.  Less enjoyable, and had to lower the AI's difficultly if I wanted to dream of satisfying team and/or sponsor objeectives.  Without knowing what the drift car handling model would be like in the new game, I can't call it's absence a pro or a con.

Drag: Never bought the DLC.  However, based off of videos of its gameplay, it looked like it was one of the more realistic drag modes to be included in a racing game.  That being said, while it would've been nice to have, I don't find it's exclusion to be as questionable as drifting and demo derby's exclusions, especially since they were in all 3 of the previous games to my knowledge.

Touring: Cat C cars are somewhat similar to TC2. Super Tourers are the same, just newer models.  Cat B and Super Utes were based off of racing series that no longer exist (Superstars Series and V8 Utes), so while their exclusions are unfortunate, they aren't really surprising.  As for Cat A, which run in Stock Car Brasil, they still race, but the decision was made to use Group 5 cars instead (which I thought to be more sport cars than touring cars).  2 of the 3 cup classes and the touring car legends DLC (minus the Audi) were included in the invitational category.  So, mostly the same as Autosport.

Open Wheel: Consider the F1 series Codemasters also produces, it's not too much of surprise that there only a few per game.  From 3 race cars down to 2, and all cup classes drpped, this is on par with Race Driver Grid.  On top of that, the TOCA series that preceded Grid focused mostly on cars with fenders, count yourself lucky if 1 or 2 open wheelers are included.

Endurance: While the real world classes are different in both, GT group 2 goes from 4 cars + 1 dlc to 5, GT group 1 goes from 2 cars + 1 dlc to 6 cars, and Prototype goes from a spec class to 2 cars, whose only in-game difference are visual and auditory.  Cup classes?  GT40 joined by it's Ferrari rival, Shelby Cobra replaced by 4 cars that possibly could've competed with it, and the 787B was replaced by 2 Group 7 cars.  Honestly, the real disappointment is that the Endurance mode that would've complemented these cars nicely is only available on the stadia version of the game.

Tuner: Muscle was made part of the stock category, doubled from 3 cars to 6, and somewhat returned to its Race Driver Grid form.  JDM was basically revamped into the modified group and expand from 3 cars to 5.  The former modified group was a redundant group featuring 3 modified versions of cars from the muscle and JDM groups.  Super Modified was demoted to the tier 2 Tuner class with all 3 base cars and the dlc car carried over, and an additional 5th car.   World time attack is the new top tuner tier with 5 mostly unique cars.  Both cup classes were dropped.  In summary, 4 tiers with 12 cars + 1 dlc became 3 tiers with 15 cars.  Personally, I'll take fewer tiers more cars as opposed to the inverse.

and more: The Street division was basically a dump for the rest of the production cars from Grid 2.  Considering basically all of those are or have been included in countless other games, and only a handful were unique or rare (Mazda Furai), I'm not concerned with their omissions.

Reason 3: Splitscreen

You can drive with your friends championsships against the AI, it makes so fun, also missing in the new grid

It is a shame fewer and fewer non-kart racing games feature splitscreen anymore.

Reason 4: A much better Career Mode

The career mode is really long, there are sooooo much events and championsship to do in each Race Category.

Autosport's career: Race for teams.  5 disciplines with 9 championships each, 3 for each tier, with 1 short, 1 medium, and 1 long.  Total "events" range from 2 to 12, with medium and long featuring 1 or more cup races that aren't optional.  There's also 3 Grid championships that are 10 events long feature cars from all 5 disciplines, unlocked by achieving level requirements for each discipline.  Why events?  Touring and open wheel have 2 races for each event, and Tuner's drift events feature a multi round format.

Grid 2019's career: Race for your own team.  4 categories with 12 events (not distributed evenly among tiers) ranging from 1-4 races or time attacks.  After winning 10 events in any one, you unlock a showdown against the best team in the discipline.  Set up similarly is a Fernando Alonso category.  The invitational category has 24 events, unlocked by progression in the other categories.  Win 4 of 6 showdowns, you unlock the Grid World Series, with 6 events, progressed through in a set order.  Win all 6, a final showdown against Ravenwest is unlocked.

48 championships with varying formats vs 85 events and 7 showdowns.  I can't say how long each career mode would take to 100%, but I'd say both would keep you occupied for a decent amount of time.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, JMJRulz14 said:

I don't really find the AI to be any harder or easier.  On both, I'd say, on average, I was on pace with AI on the hard difficulty, and even then, it's car and track dependent for me.  I would say my average pace was slightly better on Autosport, and that's really due to the new game's dislike of power application on curbs.

The track argument isn't worth trying to argue. As for cars...

Drift: Not much of a drifter here, but I can say I at least somewhat enjoyed drifting in Race Driver: Grid, especially the Drift GP events.  Autosport on the other hand, it was the bane of my existence.  Less enjoyable, and had to lower the AI's difficultly if I wanted to dream of satisfying team and/or sponsor objeectives.  Without knowing what the drift car handling model would be like in the new game, I can't call it's absence a pro or a con.

Drag: Never bought the DLC.  However, based off of videos of its gameplay, it looked like it was one of the more realistic drag modes to be included in a racing game.  That being said, while it would've been nice to have, I don't find it's exclusion to be as questionable as drifting and demo derby's exclusions, especially since they were in all 3 of the previous games to my knowledge.

Touring: Cat C cars are somewhat similar to TC2. Super Tourers are the same, just newer models.  Cat B and Super Utes were based off of racing series that no longer exist (Superstars Series and V8 Utes), so while their exclusions are unfortunate, they aren't really surprising.  As for Cat A, which run in Stock Car Brasil, they still race, but the decision was made to use Group 5 cars instead (which I thought to be more sport cars than touring cars).  2 of the 3 cup classes and the touring car legends DLC (minus the Audi) were included in the invitational category.  So, mostly the same as Autosport.

Open Wheel: Consider the F1 series Codemasters also produces, it's not too much of surprise that there only a few per game.  From 3 race cars down to 2, and all cup classes drpped, this is on par with Race Driver Grid.  On top of that, the TOCA series that preceded Grid focused mostly on cars with fenders, count yourself lucky if 1 or 2 open wheelers are included.

Endurance: While the real world classes are different in both, GT group 2 goes from 4 cars + 1 dlc to 5, GT group 1 goes from 2 cars + 1 dlc to 6 cars, and Prototype goes from a spec class to 2 cars, whose only in-game difference are visual and auditory.  Cup classes?  GT40 joined by it's Ferrari rival, Shelby Cobra replaced by 4 cars that possibly could've competed with it, and the 787B was replaced by 2 Group 7 cars.  Honestly, the real disappointment is that the Endurance mode that would've complemented these cars nicely is only available on the stadia version of the game.

Tuner: Muscle was made part of the stock category, doubled from 3 cars to 6, and somewhat returned to its Race Driver Grid form.  JDM was basically revamped into the modified group and expand from 3 cars to 5.  The former modified group was a redundant group featuring 3 modified versions of cars from the muscle and JDM groups.  Super Modified was demoted to the tier 2 Tuner class with all 3 base cars and the dlc car carried over, and an additional 5th car.   World time attack is the new top tuner tier with 5 mostly unique cars.  Both cup classes were dropped.  In summary, 4 tiers with 12 cars + 1 dlc became 3 tiers with 15 cars.  Personally, I'll take fewer tiers more cars as opposed to the inverse.

and more: The Street division was basically a dump for the rest of the production cars from Grid 2.  Considering basically all of those are or have been included in countless other games, and only a handful were unique or rare (Mazda Furai), I'm not concerned with their omissions.

It is a shame fewer and fewer non-kart racing games feature splitscreen anymore.

Autosport's career: Race for teams.  5 disciplines with 9 championships each, 3 for each tier, with 1 short, 1 medium, and 1 long.  Total "events" range from 2 to 12, with medium and long featuring 1 or more cup races that aren't optional.  There's also 3 Grid championships that are 10 events long feature cars from all 5 disciplines, unlocked by achieving level requirements for each discipline.  Why events?  Touring and open wheel have 2 races for each event, and Tuner's drift events feature a multi round format.

Grid 2019's career: Race for your own team.  4 categories with 12 events (not distributed evenly among tiers) ranging from 1-4 races or time attacks.  After winning 10 events in any one, you unlock a showdown against the best team in the discipline.  Set up similarly is a Fernando Alonso category.  The invitational category has 24 events, unlocked by progression in the other categories.  Win 4 of 6 showdowns, you unlock the Grid World Series, with 6 events, progressed through in a set order.  Win all 6, a final showdown against Ravenwest is unlocked.

48 championships with varying formats vs 85 events and 7 showdowns.  I can't say how long each career mode would take to 100%, but I'd say both would keep you occupied for a decent amount of time. 

very good comment

Please can someone help me!!!!!??? 

I've just bought grid on PS4, 

I'm playing career mode, I've finished in the top 3 in 6 different modes, but it won't open any more than just the first race??? Driving me made 🙈 

15857682084122754547646360361481.jpg

There is only one thing that keep players playing a game for a longer period.

Off course drifting and all the other modes needs to be in there aswell caus that makes it grid.

Aswell as an damage model like original grid. 

But what players keeps playing a game is multiplayer.

And the original grid had the best. 

That is the only reason i played that game night after night from release 2008 till they took the servers down in 2011.

And spend thousends of hours in it.   

And that's why that game wil always be the standard wich I compare any new grid game with.  

• Agree 1