Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC - Sound - My Sound drops at random in-game

Recommended Posts

In Career mode, when you watch the other drivers on the track from the pits, there is no sound. . Is there a way to solve it? In the gp of Azerzbajan went, in the next gp of Barcelona and Monaco did not. It's random but very annoying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  @Matu94

To report technical bugs/issues, we need the below information. We also recommend a more accurate title pinpointing the issue. We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having 

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi  @Matu94

To report technical bugs/issues, we need the below information. We also recommend a more accurate title pinpointing the issue. We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having 

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Hi.

1 - when I access the screen to see the other drivers on the track, there is no sound from the cars.

2 - Version 1.22

3 - My career

4 - is random

5 - it depends, sometimes in all free practice sessions even for more than one weekend in a row, it's random up

6 - I don't know which solutions to try, I tried to change the audio settings in the game and start it with both dx12 and dx11 but it didn't work.

7 - xbox controller

8 - I enclose a short video

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Go into the pause menu and come out of it again.

Doesn't work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matu94 said:

Doesn't work

When I lost audio for no reason, it did on 1.21. Unlucky. Try ALT-TAB.

I've found lots of glitches in fullscreen exclusive in 1.22, perhaps more than any other build. I use AMD baseline recommendation (20.1.3), not sure if your build is Intel GPU or not (can't remember).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

When I lost audio for no reason, it did on 1.21. Unlucky. Try ALT-TAB.

I've found lots of glitches in fullscreen exclusive in 1.22, perhaps more than any other build. I use AMD baseline recommendation (20.1.3), not sure if your build is Intel GPU or not (can't remember).

Not even TAB + ALT works

I've had this problem in the past with other versions of the game. I don't know why.

I have a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti whit the latest driver .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matu94 said:

Not even TAB + ALT works

I've had this problem in the past with other versions of the game. I don't know why.

I have a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti whit the latest driver .

Try running borderless window mode (in-game) and turn off any GPU scaling in the driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Try running borderless window mode (in-game) and turn off any GPU scaling in the driver.

I will try but excuse me what is GPU scaling in the driver ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matu94 said:

I will try but excuse me what is GPU scaling in the driver ?

Where the game can run at a non-standard resolution in the case of overriding either the detected or actual size of the display.

I have seen it turned on by default in some situations. If your screen is native 1920x1080 (for example) the game should run at 1920x1080. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Where the game can run at a non-standard resolution in the case of overriding either the detected or actual size of the display.

I have seen it turned on by default in some situations. If your screen is native 1920x1080 (for example) the game should run at 1920x1080. 

Like this? It's correct?

Immagine.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Matu94 said:

Like this? It's correct?

Immagine.png

It would appear so as you are running in 2560x1440 QuadHD native (my grasp of Italian is poor and I don't have a Nvidia GPU to look at the settings myself)

If the in-game resolution is 2560x1440 then that's a bingo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It would appear so as you are running in 2560x1440 QuadHD native (my grasp of Italian is poor and I don't have a Nvidia GPU to look at the settings myself)

If the in-game resolution is 2560x1440 then that's a bingo. 

Before the changes the set option was the first one.
After making the changes I tried but didn't solve it.
In the game the resolution has always been 2560x1440.

Now I tried to start it but it closed on itself twice before I even reached the first screen. On the third attempt it went. I don't know whether to think about a problem with the game (which maybe also affects the audio speech) or a problem with my pc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matu94 said:

Before the changes the set option was the first one.
After making the changes I tried but didn't solve it.
In the game the resolution has always been 2560x1440.

Now I tried to start it but it closed on itself twice before I even reached the first screen. On the third attempt it went. I don't know whether to think about a problem with the game (which maybe also affects the audio speech) or a problem with my pc.

 

Try DDU the driver and reinstall. 

I personally find disabling unused sound sources (Control Panel|Sound) is useful. Also then setting the default sound and default communications source.

Deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching the game, checking the settings in-game then saving and relaunching before playing is also something I recommend.

However, I think the previous issues with the game you have had, if these also don't work the quickest way to resolution or a definitive error (replicable) is via Windows reinstall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Try DDU the driver and reinstall. 

I personally find disabling unused sound sources (Control Panel|Sound) is useful. Also then setting the default sound and default communications source.

Deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching the game, checking the settings in-game then saving and relaunching before playing is also something I recommend.

However, I think the previous issues with the game you have had, if these also don't work the quickest way to resolution or a definitive error (replicable) is via Windows reinstall.

I'll try.

can a fresh start of windos be enough or is it necessary to format?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matu94 said:

I'll try.

can a fresh start of windos be enough or is it necessary to format?

Formatting and installing without internet is most control. Obviously have the drivers you need to set everything up.

You can see if Windows Update then tries to update anything you think you have the latest driver for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matu94 said:

So I used ddu, reinstalled the drivers, checked the audio devices and deleted the hardware_settings_config.xml file and now it works.
So thank you very much.

If the problem should reoccur soon I will let you know.
In the meantime, thank you again.

See if the audio bug you initially reported seems to have abated. If it has, we can say anyone else experiencing the same should try this first. Thanks for coming back and saying things were fixed! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Matu94

Thanks for letting us know a possible solution. I have added this as a 'recommended' for other users to potentially try should they run into a similar problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×