DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Official DiRT Clubs - Vote on 2020 Season

Official DiRT Clubs - 2020 Season  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What Rallies should we go to in the next Official DiRT Club season? (Top 12 will be used)

• Argentina - Base Game
    • Australia - Base Game
    • Finland - DLC: Season 3
    • Germany - DLC: Season 1
    • Greece - DLC: Season 3
    • Monte Carlo - DLC: Season 1
    • New Zealand - Base Game
    • Poland - Base Game
    • Scotland - DLC: Colin McRae
    • Spain - Base Game
    • Sweden - DLC: Season 1
    • USA - Base Game
    • Wales - DLC: Season 2
  2. 2. What car Class should we drive in the Standard Club?

• H1 (FWD)
    • H2 (FWD)
    • H2 (RWD)
    • H3 (RWD)
    • Group B (RWD) - DLC Cars Only
    • Group B (4WD)
    • R2
    • F2 Kit Car - DLC Cars Only
    • Group A - Features DLC Car
    • NR4/R4
    • Up to 2000cc - DLC Cars Only
    • R5
    • Rally GT
  3. 3. What car Class should we drive in the Expert Club?

• H1 (FWD)
    • H2 (FWD)
    • H2 (RWD)
    • H3 (RWD)
    • Group B (RWD) - DLC Cars Only
    • Group B (4WD)
    • R2
    • F2 Kit Car - DLC Cars Only
    • Group A - Features DLC Car
    • NR4/R4
    • Up to 2000cc - DLC Cars Only
    • R5
    • Rally GT

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 3/26/2020 at 15:00

Shortly after the release of the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack we'll be running another long season in the official DiRT Rally 2.0 Clubs, and this time you get to vote on what we drive 🙂 

If you've not played in Clubs before, they're essentially custom Rally Championships that can be played across all platforms.

The 2 official clubs are the biggest ones around with a few thousand members in each, and are a great place to test your skills.

For the previous Club Championship season we had a 6 month long Championship that largely followed the real-world schedule, starting in Monte Carlo, then Sweden and so-on. This time out we'll do the same, and you get to vote on what cars and Locations we use 🙂 

Hit the poll above cast your vote, the rallying begins at the end of March 🙂 

DR2_Club_Standard.jpg

DR2_Club_Expert.jpg

Quick note on the polls. These are primarily to gauge opinion. The final call on what Classes/Locations we use still stands with me, though I am more likely to build the Championships based on what gets voted 🙂 

• Like 1

Fantastic idea!

I voted for Group A (Official) and 2000cc (Expert).
Also I voted all rallies with exception of germany.

Can't believe the most thrilling one (poland) has the least votes 😯

• Agree 2

In some cars Poland is brilliant, but knowing what I do of Scotland, that'll be a suitably terrifying replacement 😉 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney, why not a mix a classes for each club? Easy ones in official, like r4/n4, cars with fwd etc, and rwd, 2000cc, group B etc in expert... That way, we would be driving a more variety of cars during the Championship...

Edited by Opassac
  • Agree 3

Let's see how the vote goes. If there's 2 or 3 fighting for top spot I can run a mix.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, Opassac said:

@PJTierney, why not a mix a classes for each club? Easy ones in official, like r4/n4, cars with fwd etc, and rwd, 2000cc, group B etc in expert... That way, we would be driving a more variety of cars during the Championship...

Lulz, never even thought of this idea...but I like it! 😄

On 3/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, Opassac said:

If only we could do mixed class clubs 😭 imagine watching NR4's posting times alongside the Group A's, with some R2s trying to sneak in as well.

• Like 2

why does everyone hate Argentina by the way? I love it, but I've played it a bit too much because it was my fav base game location

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ianism said:

why does everyone hate Argentina by the way? I love it, but I've played it a bit too much because it was my fav base game location

Because it takes me at least 20 minutes to get my eyes "adjusted" to how bumpy it gets every time I boot up one of those stages. If I'm driving it multiple times in a week for some reason like a club, I normally don't have much adjusting to do after day 1, but if I ever step away from Argentina for a while there is always a warming up process when I come back.

I love how tight and technical it is though, I just wish it didn't feel like my eyes were having a seizure the entire drive.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

^^^ fair enough. I'm more casual so I'm a chase cam player. also 30% of my time spent driving is spent thinking about how pretty all the environments are and how they'd look with additional times of day...(ahem)

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

I seem to do better in Argentina Dailies than other places, set a few Xbox #1s around launch month. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I seem to do better in Argentina Dailies than other places, set a few Xbox #1s around launch month. 

same. I'm better at the twisty stuff. I get nervous at high speeds because of the risk of terminal damage and/or flying very, very far off the track. I think it comes from playing a lot of arcade games like NFS, Burnout, and Midnight Club set on "public" roads where there's traffic (in MC's case, copious amounts of it) so one mistake can end you.. 

so of course I got the Fire Up That Car Again... achievement (the one where you have to get Tier 1 in a Group B 4WD Daily with the Quattro) in Poland of all places

On 3/12/2020 at 6:35 PM, Mike Dee said:

If only we could do mixed class clubs 😭 imagine watching NR4's posting times alongside the Group A's, with some R2s trying to sneak in as well.

We can do mixed class clubs... what we can't is mixed class events inside the clubs, unfortunatly... I meant, for example, drive with R5 in monte carlo, R2 in spain, Nr4 in USA...

2 hours ago, Opassac said:

We can do mixed class clubs... what we can't is mixed class events inside the clubs, unfortunatly... I meant, for example, drive with R5 in monte carlo, R2 in spain, Nr4 in USA...

I want even more than that though. Let me setup a club with 70 people and set the classes to 2000cc R5 and R2 all in the same event. A lot of the bigger clubs I'm a part of have to run 2-3 clubs every single weekend to accommodate the multiple "tier" structure they use to mimic WRC, WRC2, and WRC3.

Not to mention it is just damn fun to make some really interesting challenges. Mix & match cars from different classes to see how they line up. We used to have the ability to select any set of cars we wanted in DR1 leagues, even limit to a single car without tuning. Give us back these options CM and we can make our own fun!

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I want even more than that though. Let me setup a club with 70 people and set the classes to 2000cc R5 and R2 all in the same event. A lot of the bigger clubs I'm a part of have to run 2-3 clubs every single weekend to accommodate the multiple "tier" structure they use to mimic WRC, WRC2, and WRC3.

Not to mention it is just damn fun to make some really interesting challenges. Mix & match cars from different classes to see how they line up. We used to have the ability to select any set of cars we wanted in DR1 leagues, even limit to a single car without tuning. Give us back these options CM and we can make our own fun!

100% agree with you, we all want that... unfortunatly, i don't think it will happen in this DR iteration... But we can mix and spice things a little, introducing more than one car class in each club, with different events, just what i'm trying to say...

Poll closed, I'll start creating the Club Events soon 🙂 

Standard will use a mix of Classes since the top vote was split, Expert will be 2000cc

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I can not vote anymore but I am for Up 2000cc Cars and I wish Scotland to be there but please only if the problem

with the Co Driver has ben fixed.

The R5 Cars have the most votes but the last season already had R5 Cars

54 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Poll closed, I'll start creating the Club Events soon 🙂 

Standard will use a mix of Classes since the top vote was split, Expert will be 2000cc

I hope that it will be possible to drive UP 2000cc on standard

I had the full year of events made, but it wouldn’t save 😞 

So this weekend’s Scotland run was a quick event to just have something out there.

• Thanks 1

@PJTierney

I have now managed 9 stages but I cannot connect to the server GRRRRR

In my career I have no problems with the Racenet server only at the club

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

@PJTierney

I have now managed 9 stages but I cannot connect to the server GRRRRR

In my career I have no problems with the Racenet server only at the club

Clubs usually don't work well (or at all) on weekends.
Nothing new, nothing special.

They just don't seem to find a way to make them stable for longer than a few days, annoying.

They don't seem to be completely down at the moment, just VERY slow and unreliable.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

will my times be counted after 9 stages or will i be disqualified?

Depends were exactly you disconnected.