DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Official DiRT Clubs - Vote on 2020 Season

Official DiRT Clubs - 2020 Season  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What Rallies should we go to in the next Official DiRT Club season? (Top 12 will be used)

• Argentina - Base Game
    • Australia - Base Game
    • Finland - DLC: Season 3
    • Germany - DLC: Season 1
    • Greece - DLC: Season 3
    • Monte Carlo - DLC: Season 1
    • New Zealand - Base Game
    • Poland - Base Game
    • Scotland - DLC: Colin McRae
    • Spain - Base Game
    • Sweden - DLC: Season 1
    • USA - Base Game
    • Wales - DLC: Season 2
  2. 2. What car Class should we drive in the Standard Club?

• H1 (FWD)
    • H2 (FWD)
    • H2 (RWD)
    • H3 (RWD)
    • Group B (RWD) - DLC Cars Only
    • Group B (4WD)
    • R2
    • F2 Kit Car - DLC Cars Only
    • Group A - Features DLC Car
    • NR4/R4
    • Up to 2000cc - DLC Cars Only
    • R5
    • Rally GT
  3. 3. What car Class should we drive in the Expert Club?

• H1 (FWD)
    • H2 (FWD)
    • H2 (RWD)
    • H3 (RWD)
    • Group B (RWD) - DLC Cars Only
    • Group B (4WD)
    • R2
    • F2 Kit Car - DLC Cars Only
    • Group A - Features DLC Car
    • NR4/R4
    • Up to 2000cc - DLC Cars Only
    • R5
    • Rally GT

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 3/26/2020 at 15:00

whether it was before I don't know was in the middle of the race
Service park was no longer accessible

Just now, gleylancer571 said:

whether it was before I don't know was in the middle of the race
Service park was no longer accessible

Chances are very high, you get an DNF for this stage then.
Short stage: 15 minutes, long stage: 30 minutes.

Posted (edited)
The server just went for a short moment
All times were counted, I still repaired the car and then drive tomorrow hoping that the server will run better

Edited by gleylancer571

47 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

The server just went for a short moment
All times were counted, I still repaired the car and then drive tomorrow hoping that the server will run better

I wouldn't expect any improvement before monday morning (CET).

On 3/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, PJTierney said:

I had the full year of events made, but it wouldn’t save 😞 

So this weekend’s Scotland run was a quick event to just have something out there.

I decided to try out the Expert Rally in Scotland with the Subaru Impreza 2008. I soon discovered that «no assists» also means manual gears. After almost 25,000 km with automatic gearshifting, I thought this could be interesting. 🤔 Using the square and x-button to shift gears was quite awkward, but it was interesting to experience how much smoother the car went through the stages, and I felt actually more in control of the car. Still, with hardcore damage, it was quite hard with several minutes extra time on almost every service just to get the car going. So I set my goal to get to the finish line after 12 stages. It was nerve wrecking, but what do you know: I made it! 🤠 Not only that, but I managed a 27th on Expert level. 🤪

After such a fine result, I went to take the Group B weekly with no assists and manual shifting, and yes, same experience, my Lancia didn’t behave like a uncontrolled beast anymore, suddenly I was in control. Still I struggle a bit when I need to shift down and use the handbreak at the same time in hairpins and junctions, and I also find it difficult to set the car in reverse and then back in first gear after a dead stop in a tree, stone or other obstacles, but my conclusion is that using automatic gearshifting is a hinder to perform better in this game.

I look forward to the next championship in Expert DiRT - I’ll be there. 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kjell007 said:

I decided to try out the Expert Rally in Scotland with the Subaru Impreza 2008. I soon discovered that «no assists» also means manual gears. After almost 25,000 km with automatic gearshifting, I thought this could be interesting. 🤔 Using the square and x-button to shift gears was quite awkward, but it was interesting to experience how much smoother the car went through the stages, and I felt actually more in control of the car. Still, with hardcore damage, it was quite hard with several minutes extra time on almost every service just to get the car going. So I set my goal to get to the finish line after 12 stages. It was nerve wrecking, but what do you know: I made it! 🤠 Not only that, but I managed a 27th on Expert level. 🤪

After such a fine result, I went to take the Group B weekly with no assists and manual shifting, and yes, same experience, my Lancia didn’t behave like a uncontrolled beast anymore, suddenly I was in control. Still I struggle a bit when I need to shift down and use the handbreak at the same time in hairpins and junctions, and I also find it difficult to set the car in reverse and then back in first gear after a dead stop in a tree, stone or other obstacles, but my conclusion is that using automatic gearshifting is a hinder to perform better in this game.

I look forward to the next championship in Expert DiRT - I’ll be there. 😁

A tip from a more experienced manual shift controller player: Go to settings and put handbrake on X, upshift on O and downshift on square.
I play on xbox, but it's the same layout I guess.

@PJTierney Official Club scotland rally on weekend was slightly sadistic from you, be honest! 🤣
Unfortunately I missed the Expert variant due to my getting-scenario-achievements-as-fast-as-possible project 😄 

When I have time this week I'll have another bash at creating the Club Championship. 

Should hopefully go a little quicker as I screenshotted every Event and can just copy from that. I went with a custom route order this time instead of the auto-generated ones I did before.

• Like 1

A little preview of what's coming 😉 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

28 days per event???? Dude. Way, way too long. Set it to like a week tops, even that is a lot of time for just one event.

A waste of a club to not allow players to play but instead make them wait forever for the next event

Edited by HoksuHoo

There are reasons for the length which I won't go into here, bear in mind the last event ran for 6 months.

Besides, there may be plenty of other things to keep you occupied in the intervening weeks 😉