Sign in to follow this  

Upcoming list

What I really would love to see (besides the Subaru Impreza 2007) is an "Upcoming list" which show's us what is currently planned.

I guess the Timeline in the official DiRT Rally website is something you could take a look at. Although I'd really love to see which ones of our suggestions are being taking into consideration!

That's not what I ment. I was more thinking about a list which states all the features/cars/tracks etc that are planned. 

That literally is what the timeline is. They're not releasing every detail and they probably shouldn't just for the sake of not having to over commit.

They can't tell you which cars they are going to be using, because they don't know yet. Licensing and all that
No, but maybe which, to keep my example using, cars they are working on right now. Of course things get cut from a videogame and will never be featured, but yeah... I guess you get my point.
To make it more precise: the Timeline says the Pikes Peak content will be released, together with new cars. So, why not telling us which cars? Or which cars will definitly be in the game, and which are pending due to... I don't know.. license reason, or be it whatever. Just more details then "more cars!" would be great. That's all what I am trying to say here. 

I get what you mean, but the release timeline is the most info they have given us on the game, ever.  Go and have a read of the DiRTy Gossip thread and you'll see what I mean. They dropped all kinds clues and misinformation into the thread, just to wind us up. They didn't even announce that the game was going to be released, until they had already released it.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/203/dirty-gossip-thread/p1

Because if they tell you everything now, in 1 go, then there'll be nothing else to tell for months. Instead, we have a few clues to go on and presumably more will be dropped closer to the release. Maybe we should have a speculation thread (in general topics) based on the clues and see who's guesses are closest to the reality.

Oh boy. Reading the timeline broke my heart a bit.
1. I don't care about rallycross.
2. I don't really care about pikes peak either.
This is as far as we know, Dirt RALLY. not Dirt 4.
I would prefer that Codemasters put their time, effort and money into creating more locations and especially tracks instead.

If the early access ends by the end of 2015, what happens then? Will the game launch? With just 2 tracks in Greece, 2 in Monte carlo, 2 in wales, 2 in finland, 2 in sweden(?). a hillclimb track and a little rallycross event?

I would prefer that Codemasters put their time, effort and money into creating more locations and especially tracks instead.

If the early access ends by the end of 2015, what happens then? Will the game launch? With just 2 tracks in Greece, 2 in Monte carlo, 2 in wales, 2 in finland, 2 in sweden(?). a hillclimb track and a little rallycross event?
I dont get why it's heart breaking for you. You say you want more tracks, that's literally what's planned. There's nothing saying there will only be 2 in Tarmac Terrors, and 2 in Winter Wonderland. And just because you don't like Pikes and rallycross doesn't mean those don't count towards how many stages and tracks there are. That's like owning Forza and saying there's only The Ring because it's all you care about.

Having more info on what's coming will be nice, they could announce upcoming cars and tracks that they have licensed. 

A planned features list will be great too, I know Codies wanted to push the idea on "we'll make what the players asked" but it will be nice to see a list of what the developer wants too. 

FlakHound said:

I dont get why it's heart breaking for you. You say you want more tracks, that's literally what's planned. There's nothing saying there will only be 2 in Tarmac Terrors, and 2 in Winter Wonderland. And just because you don't like Pikes and rallycross doesn't mean those don't count towards how many stages and tracks there are. That's like owning Forza and saying there's only The Ring because it's all you care about.

Hahahaha

We want a raaly sim not a console game !!!

And we want Rally stages !!!

Forza...wtf is Forza ???

snckrz said:
They can't tell you which cars they are going to be using, because they don't know yet. Licensing and all that
No, but maybe which, to keep my example using, cars they are working on right now. Of course things get cut from a videogame and will never be featured, but yeah... I guess you get my point.
To make it more precise: the Timeline says the Pikes Peak content will be released, together with new cars. So, why not telling us which cars? Or which cars will definitly be in the game, and which are pending due to... I don't know.. license reason, or be it whatever. Just more details then "more cars!" would be great. That's all what I am trying to say here. 
They did that with DiRT 3 by telling us which cars would in in the game, but when the game came out some of the promised cars were not in the game and many were disappointed.

Come on then, let's have your guesses: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6405/speculation-and-predictions-for-upcoming-cars

I hadn't realised before just how many little 'new cars' descriptions were hidden in those short descriptions.

FlakHound said:

There's nothing saying there will  be more than 2 either. I've read nowhere that there will be more tracks added to already existing locations. 
If need be I hope they hire more level designers so all locations will get a big amount of unique tracks, like it was in the CMR games.
Funny that you mention Forza, Forza has basically the same problem. It has too few tracks to drive on.  Both Forza and Dirt rally feels good gameplaywise. And in D Rally's case which I was hoping to be a pure rallygame is lacking in the tracks department as of now.

To be honest with you, I completely agree, but it is what it is. This forum is a good chance to contribute to the future direction though, so let's hope the devs see the benefit in creating more of what we've got before branching out further.

Arguriou said:
FlakHound said:

Hahahaha

Forza...wtf is Forza ???

Forza Motorsport is a very good cargame made by Turn 10 studios only available on Xbox platforms. They are currently working on their sixth game. It also has a spinoff series called Forza Horizon which is way worse because of a lower framerate and a more arcadestyle gameplayfeel.

Arguriou said:
FlakHound said:

Hahahaha

Forza...wtf is Forza ???

Forza Motorsport is a very good cargame made by Turn 10 studios only available on Xbox platforms. They are currently working on their sixth game. It also has a spinoff series called Forza Horizon which is way worse because of a lower framerate and a more arcadestyle gameplayfeel.
Forza is arcade not a sim !!!!
game pad and sim ???
Hahahahaha
That was funny

Arguriou said:
FlakHound said:

Hahahaha

Forza...wtf is Forza ???

Arguriou said:
FlakHound said:

Hahahaha

Forza...wtf is Forza ???

Forza is arcade not a sim !!!!
game pad and sim ???
Hahahahaha
That was funny

Arguriou said:
FlakHound said:

Hahahaha

Forza...wtf is Forza ???