Sign in to follow this  

Question about tracks in F1 2014

Just out of curiosity, how difficult is it to license classic tracks? Is it more difficult than licensing classic cars & drivers?

The reason I'm asking this is because I think it would be awesome if CM included every track from previous CM F1 games in F1 2014. 
That would make a total of 28 tracks - 19 tracks from the 2014 season, 4 classic tracks from F1 2013 (Jerez, Brands Hatch, Estoril, Imola), 5 tracks from F1 2010-2013 (Yeongam, New Delhi, Nurburgring, Valencia, Istanbul). I'd imagine from a technical standpoint including those tracks wouldn't be as difficult as making new tracks since CM already has track data from previous games, it would be more a matter of working out the license part.

To me having 4 extra tracks in F1 2013 was one of the best parts of the game, it added more replay value. 
So, is there any chance CM could include every track from previous CM F1 games in F1 2014 to make it the ultimate F1 game?

that depends on a variety of things though I think. is F1 2014 a next gen title? I suspect it will be although nothing has been confirmed yet if so they will most likely be building a new engine for it which takes time. They've also got to take into consideration the new cars and rules that have been implemented into F1 this year and figure out the best way to incorporate this into the games I somehow doubt there will be any classic stuff this time around especially after the reception it got on the old forums I wouldn't totally give up hope that we might see something but it's highly unlikely. Hopefully once Grid Autosoport is out of the way we will start hearing details on F1 2014

I cant see why we shouldnt be able unlock these tracks as a reward for completing parts of the game. Sure online will be without a couple of tracks on day 1, but as usual people will require them quickly enough. Imagine this "complete Classics scenario mode with all golds, receive an extra (not yet included) classic car and unlock the Old Silverstone track". Or "Complete all F1 scenerio with all golds and unlock Turkey, Nurburgring and McLaren as a career mode starting team". It would make certain modes more playable and rewarding.

JJRosso said:
I cant see why we shouldnt be able unlock these tracks as a reward for completing parts of the game. Sure online will be without a couple of tracks on day 1, but as usual people will require them quickly enough. Imagine this "complete Classics scenario mode with all golds, receive an extra (not yet included) classic car and unlock the Old Silverstone track". Or "Complete all F1 scenerio with all golds and unlock Turkey, Nurburgring and McLaren as a career mode starting team". It would make certain modes more playable and rewarding.
I'd rather have all tracks unlocked from the start. 
My main interest is playing custom races in GP mode and multiplayer, being forced to play game modes I don't care for to unlock tracks in GP mode/multiplayer would really suck imo.

JJRosso said:
yeag it would be good but I can't see that happening right away because of the time it takes to transition everything over and program the new rules and such and we all know the F|1 games are made to deadlines maybe once the new systems aer in place then maybe they may consider adding this kind of thing but I just don't see it happening this time around though

Codies could do a F1 09-14 like EA did a F1 99-02, it would be BEAST.

And Codemasters need to fix Monaco. Look at the tarmac on these three videos (F1 2010, F1 2013 and F1 2013 Real Life)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhThKHxYUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoOeugaJRRw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTd_YyIlc8c

In 2013 video games there's like nearly zero paints in the asphalt.