Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally for consoles?

@justbiglee says we have to make as much noise as possible to convince codies to bring dirt rally to consoles so come on lets give him as much as we can. he also asked what we would like to see in the console version so come on get your thoughts written down here and lets push codies towards a definite console release.

Noise doesn't mean spamming the board with another thread. Please add Your imput to appropate poll on this topic.

what poll?
There is appropate section on this boards that suggestions should be posted at. There are at least two other polls  in that section regarding consoles version of DiRT Rally. Please remember to look up if the topic was not created already, so we don't get the forum spammed with the same ideas and questions.

only ones I could find were for suggestions on the early access. well I cant find the polls so what you want me to do? big lee asked so I said I would do, simples

"It seems many people have been wanting a console version of DIRT Rally, I would like them to create a page so that we can show them we would like a console version. What do you guys think?"

"PLEASE RELEASE DIRT RALLY ON PS4!!!!!!! 56 VOTES"

Two topics I've found in 20 seconds. And I don't even care for a consoles version. If this is how casual players approach DiRT Rally, then no wonder PC crowd is against a console version of this simulator.

only ones I could find were for suggestions on the early access. well I cant find the polls so what you want me to do? big lee asked so I said I would do, simples
It's in the Suggestion forum dude :)

well if you don't care for a console version don't reply, im sorry this upsets you so much. instead of going on the offensive a quick pm with a link to the poll would have been better than to come in here all guns blazing don't you think? and if your attitude reflect the views of pc gamers then im pretty sure you will all troll any thread with anything to do with consoles and your precious rally simulator. or will it just be you? lol peace be upon you!

It's in the Suggestion forum dude :)
thanks man, nice and polite too I like that! my bad then, oops

well if you don't care for a console version don't reply, im sorry this upsets you so much. instead of going on the offensive a quick pm with a link to the poll would have been better than to come in here all guns blazing don't you think? and if your attitude reflect the views of pc gamers then im pretty sure you will all troll any thread with anything to do with consoles and your precious rally simulator. or will it just be you? lol peace be upon you!
I care about this boards. I don't want is to get messy because You could not spare a minute (20 seconds im my case) to check if You're not double posting. I am not doing that research for You, it is Your responsibility. If You said "please", I could've done it, but even then I didn't have to. I already suggested where to look:
"There is appropate section on this boards that suggestions should be posted at. There are at least two other polls  in that section regarding consoles version of DiRT Rally."
Doing that took me more than I'd take You to look around. I am not blazing my guns- I am simply noticing Your mistake and sharing my thoughts. Since there are at least two topics on console version and none of them got trolled by PC crowd, then it is a false assumption of Yours that I, or other PC gamers will troll another thread. And if You believe it is true anyways, then why bother starting another topic? 
lol peace be upon you!
Why are You laughing about Yourself making a mistake? I'd rather correct myself than laugh.

well you are here trolling this thread so whats say? you got no interest in console version that's fine, stop posting here, simples.

so many duplicate posts in the dirt forum yet you single out the one for consoles, hmmmmz

and just to clarify I was laughing directly at you :-)

While you might see this as one post and it can be easily ignored, that's how the forums turn into a dump of low effort posts. @SamRWD isn't trolling you, he just doesn't always have the softest demeanor. Almost all duplicate threads get told to use the search function.

And you won't find a ton of people supporting a console version when the PC version is still in early access. Most want this game to succeed and that requires quite a bit of effort and development which gets exponentially harder with more platforms supported.

FlakHound said:
@SamRWD isn't trolling you, he just doesn't always have the softest demeanor.
:D True dat

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6161/please-release-dirt-rally-on-ps4#latest

well you are here trolling this thread so whats say? you got no interest in console version that's fine, stop posting here, simples.

so many duplicate posts in the dirt forum yet you single out the one for consoles, hmmmmz

and just to clarify I was laughing directly at you :-)

1 I am not trolling. And if I were, Your responses make me a very succesfull troll. STOP FEEDING ME.
2 I don't need a console version, that doesn't mean discussion about it doesn't affect me- it does. I'd refer You to other topics here, I've shared my thoughts where they belong, not in this spam_thread.
3 I've flagged numerous threads as duplicate posts for existing threads in comments. Please do You research. If You find a duplicate post Yourself (You claim to have seen "so many" of them), please let that post's OP know.
3 So You're laughing at me for making a mistake Yourself? It's like You broke Your leg by falling down the stairs and then sent me a message "LOL there You go, troll".
EDIT: FlakHound
I respect Your opinion, but please notice I've used a word "please" in my first posts, which got replied with less than nice tone. This time it is not my fault.

Console gamers are not necessarily casual gamers, but even if they are what is wrong with that?

Please don't fall out over trivial topics and do try to be nice to each other guys.

fIsince08 said:
Console gamers are not necessarily casual gamers, but even if they are what is wrong with that?

Please don't fall out over trivial topics and do try to be nice to each other guys.
Hello! It's nice to read a moderator's input. If You are reffering to my posts in this topic, then I didn't state that console players are all casual, but that serious players are more serious about the game and community, therefore OP who doesn't respect the rules is called casual by me. Also I would like to suggest this topic get's locked, or merged with existing ones to avoid a mess that this board would become if begaviour represented by OP get's spreaded. Thank You!

keep the arcade games for consoles and the simulators for pc, as i already said alot of games went downhill back in the day when xbox 360 and ps3 we're launched.Look at dirt ... gymkana etc stuff good for consoles but lets keep it there.

You're forgetting that Codies have to make money from the game, or there won't be another. A multi platform release is the best way to make that money. There are plenty of console users that want the game, and Codies are going about it in the best possible way. Developed on pc, beta tested by us. The fact that it will, in all probability, get a port over will not change the content or direction of the game, nor will it change the intent of Codies, or us, the beta testers. Which is, to make the best rally sim out there, bar none. Insisting that it should be a pc only release is just asking for the franchise to fail

Yeah, consoles are for dumb people and children... Just look at what happened when Project Cars dropped for the PS4. It went straight to the top spot of the lists. There IS a demand for these titles and DiRT Rally would probably be just as popular.

I personally do not own a PC purely out of practicality, it is not a statement that I only want to play LEGO Startrek and Sonic the Blueberry and Candy Casual. I can go on and on about why I have no interest in buying a PC to play games on, but I have already done that on these forums.

I have reached out to @justbiglee and the other guys (whom I have gotten to know as very open and honest people during my active years on the forum) on several occasions to at least give us some insights into if and when we might see some real rally action on console. But I haven't heard anything. And that is a change I do not care for at all. Well I guess my point is, whatever is happening behind the curtains, please let us know if you are even considering a console version. At the very least give us a vague tease! #128 :)

Cheers,
/m

If only we could make a deal:
DiRT Rally PC exclusive
DiRT 4 console exclusive
:)

dotmartin said:
I personally do not own a PC purely out of practicality
I've only play on the pc because my brother in law built mine for me because 1 of my brothers has an XBone, another is getting a PS4 and my brother in law and my sister both play on pc, so he bypassed the whole 'buy this machine because...' arguement by building my rig and declaring himself the winner in the 'Which side will Skiddy choose?' battle.

SamRWD said:
If only we could make a deal:
DiRT Rally PC exclusive
DiRT 4 console exclusive
:)
Why won't you just let me in on the fun... :( 

SamRWD said:
I would like to suggest this topic get's locked, or merged with existing ones to avoid a mess that this board would become if begaviour represented by OP get's spreaded. Thank You!
I'm not locking, or merging the thread as long as everyone is playing nice in here. As @SamuelTrautman says in the OP, @justbiglee and @KickUp have both said that if people want a console release, they have to make themselves heard.  If any more 'Console Version' threads appear, I will lock them and merge them with this one though.

The fact is, quite a few of the original members of this forum (as in pre D:R release) are console players, they contributed ideas for the game just like the original members who happen to be pc users, @dotmartin being one of them.To try and deny them the ability to play a game they've helped create, just because they use a different platform to yourself is wrong IMO

@samrwd I apologise, lets start again. I thought I was doing the right thing after big lee said what he did to me. the truth is I only searched through the Dirt games general discussion to see if there was a similar post.

I have looked at the poll but its full of pc gamers wanting to keep dirt rally for themselves, which is fair enough, but this thread was meant for people who DO want a console version and a place for them to discuss what they would like to see in a console version.

The game is being designed for pc so I don't know how doing a console version after the game is made for pc would affect you as a pc gamer? you guys have early access and input into the making of the game just like project cars and that's turned out to be a hit with both pc and console gamers.

I hope you understand where im coming from :-)

As I stated in the other thread, would love to see this come to the new-gen consoles when the game has been completed. There are plenty of people I know who love rally games with a passion but can't afford to be running multiple gaming platforms and have chosen only one console or the other, so it would amazing if CM could make this game available to them even if it takes a bit of time to get there.

My younger brother is a bit sad atm because he only has a PS4 and can't play too.  :(