Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally for consoles?

I'm sure there are plenty enough players for dirt rally on pc alone for codemasters to make a profit.In my eyes when the consoles came to rise alot of games went downhill some exampels dirt..rainbow six ,battlefield even call of duty.I must also admit it was us pc users long long time ago, every game that came out got hacked so developers turned to consoles.But now we have steam etc and people buying more and more games.So my personal opnion about cross platforming games ain't very positive.We as pc gamers got alot of console ports and they we're rubbish.That why i say keep the simulators for pc and the gymkhana stuff for consoles, or add some extra tracks for the consoles so they can have a bit of fun but porting etc not a good idea.

wezel1977 said:
I'm sure there are plenty enough players for dirt rally on pc alone for codemasters to make a profit.In my eyes when the consoles came to rise alot of games went downhill some exampels dirt..rainbow six ,battlefield even call of duty.I must also admit it was us pc users long long time ago, every game that came out got hacked so developers turned to consoles.But now we have steam etc and people buying more and more games.So my personal opnion about cross platforming games ain't very positive.We as pc gamers got alot of console ports and they we're rubbish.That why i say keep the simulators for pc and the gymkhana stuff for consoles, or add some extra tracks for the consoles so they can have a bit of fun but porting etc not a good idea.
Witcher 3 being a great example of PC experience downgrade happening because of consoles.

@samrwd I apologise, lets start again. I thought I was doing the right thing after big lee said what he did to me. the truth is I only searched through the Dirt games general discussion to see if there was a similar post.

I have looked at the poll but its full of pc gamers wanting to keep dirt rally for themselves, which is fair enough, but this thread was meant for people who DO want a console version and a place for them to discuss what they would like to see in a console version.

The game is being designed for pc so I don't know how doing a console version after the game is made for pc would affect you as a pc gamer? you guys have early access and input into the making of the game just like project cars and that's turned out to be a hit with both pc and console gamers.

I hope you understand where im coming from :-)

We have a deal :) If I sounded rude, or harsh- I apologise, but this is the way I am used to talk everyday of my life because of what I do- I have to communicate straight and to the point, also with a precise language. Sometimes it may sound rude indeed, so my bad if this gave You wrong impression. From now on please understand that my will is not to be impolite at all.
If You have any questions/ problems that were not answered on the forums, then as long as I can help- I am there for You. 
Take care, and have a nice day.

I don't understand why people think that just because we want it on console we want it to be DiRT 4. We don't, we want the exact same game you are playing, just on a different platform. I don't want any compromises, and I don't want it dumbed down, I just want to play it.

@RallyDriven
I can understand what you want to say but the majority overhere i think always played rally sims on pc just like car sims and flight sims even shooters, since x360 and ps3 developers went for the money and games went downhill, we pc players got the console ports.Thats why we now feel so happy that codemasters takes the initiative and release a full blown rally sim on pc.And yes i know the first cmr was on ps1 but the real sims we're always on pc.

consoles have moved on a lot since ps3 and xbox 360 im pretty sure they could handle a full on simulator. the fact that its being designed, built and tested using the pc gaming community just like project cars and I don't hear anyone saying that a console version has ruined it for the pc gamers, though you guys might correct me on that but I aint heard any grumbling about it.

consoles have moved on a lot since ps3 and xbox 360 im pretty sure they could handle a full on simulator. the fact that its being designed, built and tested using the pc gaming community just like project cars and I don't hear anyone saying that a console version has ruined it for the pc gamers, though you guys might correct me on that but I aint heard any grumbling about it.

i know they advanced alot most games are played on it with 30 fps :) ;)i think its maybe better to seperate console gamers and pc gamers overhere :)

wezel1977 said:

i know they advanced alot most games are played on it with 30 fps :) ;)i think its maybe better to seperate console gamers and pc gamers overhere :)
I'd be careful about saying CM should make a split and choose either PC or console. You likely wouldn't enjoy the results. I'm fairly confident that sales from casual console fans would outweigh sales from the diehard sim fans on PC.

Do the pc version they've started on first. Port over when done. No need to split or make exclusive.

dotmartin said:
I'm afraid to ask, but how are things looking at the moment? Any console version news? 
I don't realistically think there will be any console news until the Early Access program is drawing to a close... fingers crossed I'm wrong though!

tbtstt said:
dotmartin said:
I'm afraid to ask, but how are things looking at the moment? Any console version news? 
I don't realistically think there will be any console news until the Early Access program is drawing to a close... fingers crossed I'm wrong though!
Apparently Paul mentioned a possible console version at the end of the live stream.

I'm all for a console version. Wider audience, more love for rallying. ;) Spread the rallying love!