Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#ScreenshotSaturday - Early look at Pikes Peak

Something new for you this week, a sneak peek at Pikes Peak.

I'm out of things that rhyme with Peak

Here you go 

Now you guys show us what you've been working on.

;)

RookieOne said:
Only the current asphalted version ? not the original one from Climb Dance ?
I believe I read there will be two versions.

Thanks for the sneak peek of Pikes Peak, looks like it don't need a further tweak. Surely, it be ready this week? ... :smiley:

If this is true to life, the tarmac version should be 19.9 km (12.42 mi). It has been said there will be both full road and mixed surface versions of the run. Can't wait!..

I like to know if you dont laser scan your tracks how do you make sure they appear the same in the game? Or do you take it from google earth and just use that as reference? I like every bush, rock and tree close to the track as close to the real thing as possible. A bit like in Project cars the tracks are 100% the same, some trees might be different but majority of it are the same. :)

Don't know much about the engine this game runs on, but I've read somewhere here that its limitations affect the stage length somewhat - is that why the longest stages we have at the moment are a bit over 6 miles?. If the complete run up the mountain is twice longer, how are the devs going to deal with this problem?

CM had Pikes Peak back in the very first Dirt installment .
That was mixed surface one as it still was back then.

the one in climb dance is much older 1987or 89  back when Group B cars ran up the hill.
That version I can not see being in the game , that said it was in GT2 on the PS1.

We also have to see what cars are planed . I am sure some will the ones from the last 2 Dirt games.
& maybe some cars than ran in the last two years.

Little known fact: Colin McRae Rally 3 has some Pikes Peak track/s, which were reused/reworked in CMR04 and CMR2005.

Of course, Gran Turismo 2 had a reduced version of Pikes Peak too...

I found an album I made of proof that CMR3 had Pikes Peak, take a look!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/VirtuaIceMan/library/CMR_Pikes_Peak

It is completely re worked from DiRT 1, and I believe that it is the full thing in two layouts, Tarmac and I think the mixed version

I was about to say there was no PP in CMR3, but then I remembered there was something resembling Pikes Peak indeed. I remember there was a helicopter flying by near one of harpins.

Don't know much about the engine this game runs on, but I've read somewhere here that its limitations affect the stage length somewhat - is that why the longest stages we have at the moment are a bit over 6 miles?. If the complete run up the mountain is twice longer, how are the devs going to deal with this problem?
I think due to there being much less environment compared to the three locations we have now, they can make it work. Not totally sure, but thats what I'd assume

Wow, looks pretty good for such an old game :)