Sign in to follow this  

International Women’s Day 2020: Meet Carmen

Today is International Women’s Day, and we’re getting to know some of the women that work here at Codemasters! Next up, we’re having a chat with UI artist, Carmen, about her career, inspirations and advice for women wanting to get into the games industry.

Hi Carmen – could you tell us what you do at Codemasters?

I’m a UI artist.

How long have you been here at Codemasters?

I’ve been here for a year!

http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-admin/edit.php

How long have you been in the industry for?

I used to work for a Spanish indie studio for a couple of years before coming to Codemasters. So I’ve been in the industry 3 years in total.

How did you get into your career as a UI artist?

My way into the industry is pretty unusual. I used to be a microbiologist for 4 years at the University of Reading, then moved to Spain to finish a Master’s in 2D animation and illustration and then joined a Spanish indie game studio and started learning about UI back in 2017.

What’s your favourite bit of your job?

I love how creative UI design can be and how it impacts on the players’ gaming experience as a whole.  I’m particularly proud of how I have progressed as an artist since I started and that there’s always new things to learn and improve on.

What are your inspirations?

Everything from illustration, photography, films, games, books and the real world.

What advice do you have for women trying to get into the industry?

Don’t give up, never stop learning and work on your portfolio.

Want to read more about the women who work at Codemasters? Find more interviews here!

SMCM_IWD_Carmen-1024x569.jpg

View the full article