Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headlight Damage Too Heavy

Sometimes the damage to the lights in night races seems a bit too extreme. Most of the time it's OK, but I already had two races, where the light were killed for no apparent reason. I got off track, but on a plain and the car didn't bump at all. Almost felt like there was an invisible line, that killed the lights once you cross it. No matter how severe the error was.

I can't say that I've had this happen specifically to me, but I honestly feel like the damage model is TOO forgiving

FlakHound said:
I can't say that I've had this happen specifically to me, but I honestly feel like the damage model is TOO forgiving
Same here, but it is possible to break all the lights with the right kind of nudge. I'm hoping they are individually modeled. I'm not a fan of scripted light breaks like "Oh that's a big hit, you loose all but 1 or 2 until your next big hit". Then there is also the random failure factor such as a wiring harness issue in later stages, etc.

isocuda said:
FlakHound said:
Same here, but it is possible to break all the lights with the right kind of nudge. I'm hoping they are individually modeled. I'm not a fan of scripted light breaks like "Oh that's a big hit, you loose all but 1 or 2 until your next big hit". Then there is also the random failure factor such as a wiring harness issue in later stages, etc.

I've definitely had only one side of my lights break before, leaving my with only the driver/passenger side working. I'm not sure if they're modeled on " sets" or individually but I know all lights aren't one item

Yes, damage model is a bit on the soft side, but the lights go out very fast, sometimes after minimal impact at low speeds.

YoMrWhite said:
Yes, damage model is a bit on the soft side, but the lights go out very fast, sometimes after minimal impact at low speeds.
As they should, really