Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game keeps on crashing, various conditions

Posted (edited)

Hi codies,

As an AOR-driver hoping to have a good start to the season, I was surprised and also dissapointed when my game kept on crashing today.

I had run the game pre-update 1.22, but no problems back with that. Game ran perfectly well and smooth before that and I was able to complete last Season (28) at AOR without any issues.

In between me being able to play the game and these problems, I didn't change anything to my PC or something like that. Further detailed description can be found below:

*DxDiag: DxDiag.txt

*Version of the game: 1.22

*Game mode: all that I tried, sometimes not even getting to a specific game mode

*How often does this happen? Almost every time now.

*Troubleshooting already tried: Latest Nvidia Drivers, game reinstalls (completely) , game files validating, lowering graphical settings, PC restarts, closing all background programs, disconnecting my wheel, tried different DX version ...

Running no tweaks/overclocks. Didn't modify my game files in any way.

*Using a Thrustmaster TMX Wheel

*Description: Every time I open up the game, shortly after it just crashes. Sometimes resulting in it generating a crash report, other times not. Furthest I've gotten right now is in the garage of a TT session.

Video footage will be posted as well.

Edited by supersnel

Extra info:

After the crash, I keep hearing the audio just fine on most occasions.

Temperatures on my laptop are just fine. I've tried the game under various loads even at very low temperatures.

Was completely fine before, it has just now started occurring. 

You don't appear to have GHub installed for G633 Artemis.

All your drivers look like W10 inbox drivers - did you reinstall and let W10 find all your drivers (except Nvidia)? Lenovo support page looks typical for IdeaPad (not many updates) but that audio driver looks oddball - so maybe try install the Lenovo version instead of the W10 one?

TMX driver and firmware is 2020_TTRS1 and v11 (not sure if your ffb driver file looks old or if it is current)

You can disable the Game Bar, it isn't useful. Start|Settings|Gaming|Game Bar set to OFF.

Other than that, this looks like a possible GTX1650 driver issue - might be worthwhile reverting to the older 442.19 if that was what you were using on 1.21? A DDU of 442.50 worked for another user.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, thanks for the effort and info!! I'll look into it soon. 

If things change regarding this, I'll be sure to write it down here.

I haven't been reinstalling drivers yet, but I'll give it a shot in the next couple of days.

Edited by supersnel

So, I did all the above you told me, but nothing seems to work, it crashed again while still in the home screen.

Only thing I didn't do yet is install Ghub.

I reverted back to 422.19 and disabled the game bar and I updated the TMX drivers.

I Also updated the audio drivers to the one you said.

I restarted the PC after these installs and reverts.

For me, it also seems very characteristic for a Nvidia Driver problem, but after downgrading back to 422.19 it doesn't seem like it's that.

As an extra, I also de-installed some of the programs I might've installed recently. (Like Deepl)

I'm clueless at the moment, as seeing that I can perfectly play any other games just fine.

• Thanks 1

OK, DDU and trying 442.50 again would seem to have the most chance of success. But I suspect that for much of the newer AMD and Nvidia GPUs it takes time for the drivers to mature.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Tsss... I hope it resolves itself quickly. But you gave me a lot of goog advice man.

Today, I was able to get into an online session and spectate it for a while, like 20-30 secs. Then it crashed again sadly. So yeah, it's very weird. It just seems to crash after a period of time, no matter what.

• Thanks 1

@steviejay69

I think I found the issue after looking into the eventviewer:

image.thumb.png.bf5cef8ae23ca3598134db82d931171b.png

Translation:

"Warning: Resource Exhaustion Detector: There has been found a problem with the virtual memory during checks. De following programs were using the most virtual memory: F1_2019_dx12.exe was using ....... bytes ..."

Seems like this occurred on all occasions of my game crashing.

Do you by any chance have a possible solution for this??

5 hours ago, supersnel said:

@steviejay69

I think I found the issue after looking into the eventviewer:

image.thumb.png.bf5cef8ae23ca3598134db82d931171b.png

Translation:

"Warning: Resource Exhaustion Detector: There has been found a problem with the virtual memory during checks. De following programs were using the most virtual memory: F1_2019_dx12.exe was using ....... bytes ..."

Seems like this occurred on all occasions of my game crashing.

Do you by any chance have a possible solution for this??

Allow Windows to run a default page file. 

image.thumb.png.f54e2eab5b8ae7fc2cc1375fb8b26410.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks man, you have been a great support for helping me with this issue!

I had already googled a bit and did some digging in Windows. And indeed, I found this settingsmenu as well and immediately saw that there was something wrong. The value for "currently allocated" was completely "bugged" (weird characters being displayed) and the above checkbox was set off. First thing I did was letting Windows manage the virtual memory by itself and restarted my pc. And voila!

Issue solved!

Thanks again Steve!

• Thanks 1