Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Bug Report - Group B Cars Sound

Engine noise of Group B cars is much quiter than others sounds. Engine sound allmost inaudible which is significantly reduced the perception of the cars during driving.

Cars on which observed:

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205T16 EVO2

Ford RS200

MG Metro 6R4

Audi Sport quattro Rallye - is OK.

So, please, check out this issue, because there are no sound problems with other cars, including Audi Sport quattro Rallye.

• Codemasters Staff

Engine noise of Group B cars is much quiter than others sounds. Engine sound allmost inaudible which is significantly reduced the perception of the cars during driving.

Cars on which observed:

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205T16 EVO2

Ford RS200

MG Metro 6R4

So, please, check out this issue, because there are no sound problems with other cars, including Audi Sport quattro Rallye.

Can you please check you PC audio config? Playback Devices > Configure and check you are in Stereo.

All these cars are mid-engine, with most of the audio coming from rear surround. I'm guessing you have stereo speakers but your system is set to 5.1 or 7.1.

It's worth a check.
cmsoundfx said:

Cars on which observed:

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205T16 EVO2

Ford RS200

MG Metro 6R4

Can you please check you PC audio config? Playback Devices > Configure and check you are in Stereo.

All these cars are mid-engine, with most of the audio coming from rear surround. I'm guessing you have stereo speakers but your system is set to 5.1 or 7.1.

It's worth a check.
Thanks a lot! You was right - in my system audio setting the 7.1 mode was set. So I just change it to stereo mode and now all works fine! 
  • Codemasters Staff
cmsoundfx said:

Cars on which observed:

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205T16 EVO2

Ford RS200

MG Metro 6R4

It's worth a check.
Thanks a lot! You was right - in my system audio setting the 7.1 mode was set. So I just change it to stereo mode and now all works fine! 
Great! You should also find the game sounds quite a bit better now :)

I think Dirt Rally best part is the Audio system, and i'm afraid you really did a great job, well done!

However not a Group B, but a Group A8 cars: Delta Integrale and Subaru Impreza need more bass on their exhaust sounds. Check it out any videos, those two cars has the lowest pitch of exhaust sound of a rally car.

Archived