Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally Stage Infographic V2.0

Hey everyone. After my failed first attempt at making an infographic that had a few mistakes (spelling, incorrect routes, different start/finishes) I went back and took another look. I put together one infographic per location with the stages that make it up. Let me know if you guys see anything wrong with this, and I'll be sure to correct it. Hopefully this helps poeple out!

I like the way you put the long stages in the middle with the shorter ones brancing off them showing which way the go

I like the way you put the long stages in the middle with the shorter ones brancing off them showing which way the go
Yeah that was the dilemma with the first one, because reverse tracks aren't always exactly the same, and the checkpoints dont always line up with the "main stage" if that makes sense. I feel like they're a bit big, but downscaling wasn't really an option if you still wanted to see the splits. Also on Monaco, the uphill short sections are on top, and the downhill are on bottom. Another interesting thing is that if you look at the names of the stages on Monaco, it seems that the two actually connect.

FlakHound said:
Another interesting thing is that if you look at the names of the stages on Monaco, it seems that the two actually connect.

Yes, the two long stages are the alternating sides of a single real life stage up and down the Col du Turini (I don't know exactly how accurate the roads either side are but, having driven it several years ago, they feel about right). 

My one gripe with that is that the famous part of the Turini is the very top, where in real-life they emerge from one side into light (the stage is traditionally run at night) before disappearing back into darkness for the long descent. As far as I can tell, there's no way to actually cross the Col in the game, due to the summit being either the start or end of the stage.

FlakHound said:
Another interesting thing is that if you look at the names of the stages on Monaco, it seems that the two actually connect.

Yes, the two long stages are the alternating sides of a single real life stage up and down the Col du Turini (I don't know exactly how accurate the roads either side are but, having driven it several years ago, they feel about right). 

My one gripe with that is that the famous part of the Turini is the very top, where in real-life they emerge from one side into light (the stage is traditionally run at night) before disappearing back into darkness for the long descent. As far as I can tell, there's no way to actually cross the Col in the game, due to the summit being either the start or end of the stage.
Perhaps it was difficult to accurately model in game, which is why they decided to leave it out. Or like has been mentioned the engine limitations of the game makes it impossible as it stands now. Although it would be cool

Ah yes, I don't doubt it's because of engine restrictions meaning only one side of the valley can be rendered at any one time, which is fair enough

Took me way too long but I've calculated all the stage distances, as I couldnt see them anywhere else.
It would be cool if you wanted to add them to this.

Monte Carlo, Monaco:

Route de Turini/ Vallee descendante

10.9km

Route de Turini descente

4.1km

Approache du Col de Turini – Montee

4.0km

Route de Turini Montee

6.9km

Col de Turini Depart en Descente

6.9km

Pra d’Alart/ Col de Turini Depart

9.5km

Col de Turini – Descente

5.0km

Gordolon – Corte Montee

5.0km

Col de Turini en Montee

4.6km

Col de Turini en Descente

4.6km

Powys, Wales:

River Severn Valley/ Bronfelen

11.7km

Dyffryn Afon

5.9km

Dyffryn Afon Reverse

5.9km

Fferm Wynt

5.8km

Frerm Wynt Reverse

5.8km

Sweet Lamb/ Geufron Forest

9.9km/10.0km

Bidno Moorland

4.9km

Bidno Moorland Reverse

5.1km

Pant Mawr

4.9km

Pant Mawr Reverse

4.9km

Argolis, Greece:

Tsiristra Thea/ Perasma Platani

10.2km/10.7km

Abies Koilada

7.0km

Pedines Epidaxi

6.5km

Ypsona tou Dasos

5.3km

Ourea Spevsi

5.7km

Kathodo Leontiou/ Anodou Farmakas

10.0km

Fourketa Kourva

4.6km

Koryfi Dafni

4.7km

Ampelonas Ormi

5.0km

Pomona Ekrixi

5.2km

Yeah it did! The starts and finishes varying a lot meant every single stage had to be worked out individually.
Plus some parts of the Greek stages are fictional so I had to actually map out the course myself rather than following the roads.

Wow, I was just using the miles left to upgrade on one of my mechanics, backing out after every race in career and writing down the new milage then subtracting it from the previous number. I've got all of Monte, half of Wales and had started on Greece last night

I decided to use km as I thought most people would be more familiar to km than miles, event though I would use miles myself, plus it gives a greater accuracy to one decimal

Someone pulled the stage distances from a UDP stream; you can find it here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/36l0ns/dirt_rally_stage_information/crffatj
They're in metres, and most are pretty close to what you found, @austinb.

I was driving each stage after resetting my progress each time, and noting the distance driven in my driver statistics—but that's tedious and I didn't get very far! So I'm going with these distances until stage lengths appear in the game.

FlakHound said:
@austinb nice work. I'll work on it when I get some free time, and credit you
dont worry about crediting me, use the figures from the link @@dwkGravey  posted as they are likely the real figures and im pretty confident they look correct.

Hey @FlakHound I will give you a big internet high five if you do Germany too!

These REALLY help when making league rallies.

Nice one, dude.

I really hope they produce a lot more rally stages. I know that Finland and Sweden (or Norway) are still coming, but I reckon they need at least one more long stage for each country (which can then be split into four segments).

They need enough stages that anyone who isn't Rainman struggles to memorise them. Obviously don't do that if it means you have to compromise on quality though. If you can't afford to pay the level designers (that would be an awesome  job), get a laser scanner to take out  some of the hard work.