Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019 PC - CTD issue still happening with patch 1.22

Slick_Rick_

So I did something I should have done way earlier: change all game settings to low to exclude any gremlins that only appear for higher graphic settings. Unfortunately at ended with a carbon copy of the issues I experienced before. Around 15 laps with no issues, than 5 more laps with light flickering and other smal graphic glitches and than it crashed. But this time the egodumper worked.

So, Codies, get working! 😉

As for my previous statement that Civilization VI is also causing issues: not since I launched the game in DX11 instead of 12. So also software but maybe also game related. Who knows.  The GPU was stressed yesterday for several hours with FurMark... so also off the hook together with the PSU. 

egodumper.log

On 3/23/2020 at 6:19 PM, HamilkarBarkas said:

So I did something I should have done way earlier: change all game settings to low to exclude any gremlins that only appear for higher graphic settings. Unfortunately at ended with a carbon copy of the issues I experienced before. Around 15 laps with no issues, than 5 more laps with light flickering and other smal graphic glitches and than it crashed. But this time the egodumper worked.

So, Codies, get working! 😉

As for my previous statement that Civilization VI is also causing issues: not since I launched the game in DX11 instead of 12. So also software but maybe also game related. Who knows.  The GPU was stressed yesterday for several hours with FurMark... so also off the hook together with the PSU. 

egodumper.log

If you lower the graphical fidelity, you should cap the frame rates also for a complete test. You'll see that being applied to other games too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Limiting the frame rate via the display driver worked! For the entire race weekend (3 practice sessions, full qualifying and 100% race distance) there was not a single CTD. Would have loved to give you feedback earlier but wanted to be sure first. So everything before had no impact at all but this one is literally a game changer. Set it to 50 to 80 FPS (which basically means 80 all the time) and no more CTDs. So thanks a lot! 🙂 Really appreciate your help at this one. 

Only one really minor issue surfaced during Qualifying. At some point all pitcrews started to have neon green arms unless they went inside the garage, then they were renedered normal again. So something triggered some issue with rendering skins exposed to sunlight. However, this is far too specific to blame anything else than the game itself. 

• 4 months later...

Update: Unfortunately the error returned. Actually as even more tests were ran on the hardware (including memtest and GPU tests, no findings) I am now 100% convinced that the issue is with the game. Especially since it appears to depend on the race track. Singapore: no crashes through a full race weekend. Sotchi: leave the garage? Crash! Drive 4 laps? Crash! 

Archived