Sign in to follow this  

Why do so many wheel users....

Why do so many wheel users (ab)use assists?   

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Why do you as a wheel user, use assists like TC and/or ABS

• Because I'm too lazy too learn without
    • Because it's easy winning
    • Because I'm scared to drive without
    • Too hard / too difficult
    • I'm simply a cheater who wants to win at any cost and assists give me such a big advantage
    • Other. (Post reply in comment.)

Use assists like TC and/or ABS? 

no ********, just curious to why you would use assists on a wheel? 

i just can't see the appeal of it, winning on a wheel while you almost have to do nothing but steer and push pedals without any finesse or feeling. 
can't imagine if a win is just as satisfactoring as doing without. 

when you have a wheel, you should be challenged by the game and yourself to master the physics, to overcome spinning and blocking wheels on braking. You bought a wheel for a reason, and i don't guess it's just for an easy win. You bought a wheel to experience that sensation. But in the meanwhile, while taking the easy way out, you're killing all that sensation by using assists. You threw away money and some sort of selfrespect by using assists. 

any moron can zit in a cockpit, push pedals flatout without any feeling, without any finesse, and just stupidly push them down, not even knowing what would happen if you did that without assists (or even in a road car) and steer a little. 
you could have saved a lot of money because with assists on a wheel, you'd better could have sticked with controller. 

Try to drive your own car like your sim rig with assists. Only full throttle and full brake. Why can you do it on the roadcar like it should, but not in a sim? 

Edited by AlexTT
  • Agree 1

I would say its a god damn game for everyone and thats the answer. Everyone plays it the way they want or can.

F1 game is not a simulation compared to other racing games.....so beat it... 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

I would say its a god damn game for everyone and thats the answer. Everyone plays it the way they want or can.

F1 game is not a simulation compared to other racing games.....so beat it... 

Just trying to understand WHY. Didn't know you'd be offended🤣

OMG what a really mature reaction. And your final sentence, well that says it all😂

• Agree 1

@AlexTT, please check your DM's. 

Everyone has a right to play the game however they choose in our opinion. However, for informational purposes, there is potential in this with a bit of refinement. 

2 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Just trying to understand WHY. Didn't know you'd be offended🤣

OMG what a really mature reaction. And your final sentence, well that says it all😂

im not mad bro...i just gave you an answer what are you looking for.

Long time lurker, mostly play dirt 2 but gotten into F1 little while ago. Made an account to say can we just get rid of this Alex guy? All he does is post toxic braindead comments and threads bashing people left right and centre. What’s the point having someone like that about? Now the guy is trying to gatekeep how people play a game? *** yo who does that

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Hi everyone,

This poll has been closed by myself. 

Apart from one, the options on this poll are not constructive and come across as offensive. Our standpoint is that F1 titles should be accessible to all players, regardless of initial skill level, budget or equipment. As long as you enjoy playing our game with the settings that suit you, we'd consider that a success.

If you decide to practice and challenge yourself by removing assists, improving immersion etc, then go for it! Play the game your way. 

OP has been messaged

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1