DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition - Available Now

The ultimate DiRT Rally 2.0 experience is coming. Get all the DiRT in one complete package on March 27.

Summary:

• New physical edition (Xbox/PS4 only) available March 27

• Digital edition (all platforms) available March 24

• Contains base game + all 4 Seasons + Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

• All Oculus players get upgraded to Game of the Year Edition

• New livery for Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 (available to everyone that owns the car)

DR2_McRae_Ford_Focus01_2.jpg

DR2_RX19_Audi_EKS_Bakkerud_2.jpg

DR2_McRae_SUBARU_ImprezaS4_11.jpg

DR2_Ford_RS200RX-(3).jpg

DR2_GOTY_Packshots_PEGI.jpg

DR2_GOTY_Content_List_PEGI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

Will be the Content all on Disc or is it just the base game on Disc and the DLC with DLC-Token inside the package?

Edit:
Will the game be playable on X-Box Series X when it comes out?
Any chance of a Port/Remaster for Next Gen-Console?

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
Additional questions.

18 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney

Will be the Content all on Disc or is it just the base game on Disc and the DLC with DLC-Token inside the package?

Edit:
Will the game be playable on X-Box Series X when it comes out?
Any chance of a Port/Remaster for Next Gen-Console?

• The code printed on the disc is the Standard Edition, so you'll need to update.

• No comment on Series X or PS5 (not because I'm withholding anything, but because I genuinely don't know).

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

• The code printed on the disc is the Standard Edition, so you'll need to update.

Just asked because I'm a collector.
Sad.
A GotY is only interesting, if it's all on disc, I already own all the content, so it's pointless buying it again then.

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

• No comment on Series X or PS5 (not because I'm withholding anything, but because I genuinely don't know).

Would be cool, if you could ask the team.
I know Phil Spencer (boss of xbox) said the console would be fully backwards compatible with a few exceptions.
Don't know if racing games with lots of licenses will be those exceptions.

• Agree 2

ya, I'd consider getting this for PS4. I've been playing on Steam for the past year and a bit.

would've been nice to have all the content on the disc, though I realise the sheer amount of data probably makes that unfeasible. I've been playing Dirt 3 recently (PS3) and not having a code for the VIP access (I bought it second hand) means I can't play online or use 5 cars including the '95 Impreza, which is pretty annoying - especially since you could get VIP access from the PS store for free back in the day.

Now, if only ALL the cars files were now unlocked so we could get a template out and replace the liveries 😛

• Like 1

I have another question, @PJTierney! 😁

The BMW M2 Competition is included, cool.
But what is with the liveries added for a limited time?
(2 for the VW Polo R5 and the 2 christmas ones)

I own all of them, but maybe some wanna know.

That Valvoline livery looks absolutely lovely, and a nice sidestep of the colours of the company that shall not be named ;).

It's worth mentioning that note of All Oculus players get upgraded to the Game of the Year Edition - I don't even own a VR headset, but I think you guys deserve serious kudos for that and should make note of it. I know there have been discontented murmurings among the Oculus players about the lack of DLC over the year, so personally I think a gesture of goodwill like this is a great way of making amends for past difficulties/mistakes.

2 weeks now, the hype is getting real...

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I have another question, @PJTierney! 😁

The BMW M2 Competition is included, cool.
But what is with the liveries added for a limited time?
(2 for the VW Polo R5 and the 2 christmas ones)

I own all of them, but maybe some wanna know.

You really should read the FAQ in the blog post 😄 

They're coming to everyone in a (small) future update. Currently looking like 1.14, which will be about a month or so (hopefully) after Colin, but everything beyond Colin is very much TBC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just so you know, there is too much content to fit on one disc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

Just so you know, there is too much content to fit on one disc.

Install disc?
You know, it happened in the old X-Box 360 days.

But I get it. Times are long gone were games released "complete". Sadly.
There will be the time coming, were this game disappears completely due to licenses expiring and only the content on disc will be safe.
Yes, first world problems.

My only hope now is a Complete Edition for next gen consoles.
Slightly upgraded in graphics and much better performance.
Would be an insta buy day one.

• Agree 1

Mmm, still glad I picked and chose the DLC I actually wanted. Had I just waited and got this I would have been stuck with a massive download and a lot of content that I would never have used. At least I get to enjoy all the content I wanted to.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Mmm, still glad I picked and chose the DLC I actually wanted. Had I just waited and got this I would have been stuck with a massive download and a lot of content that I would never have used. At least I get to enjoy all the content I wanted to.

You'll still have the massive downloads... one of the best parts to the MP implementation in DR2.0 is that as long as the party host owns the content everyone in the lobby can use it. Which means everyone has all of the content on their machines...

Edited by Mike Dee

Sadly, no true offline mode, as has been requested by many players for long time.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No comment on Series X

Pretty certain Microsoft said the Xbox series X will play the entire back catalog of Xbox one titles, as well as be compatible with all Xbox one peripherals. It is using the same x86 architecture they have been using, just newer and better hardware. Far as I can tell.

https://www.google.com/search?q=will+xbox+series+x+be+fully+backwards+compatible&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB845GB845&oq=Will+xbox+series&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l7.5492j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Posted (edited)

When is the 2001 Focus livery coming to the game? How do we get it without having to purchase the GOTY edition?

edit: sorry, just read the blog post (properly), coming free on 24th for all existing 2001 Focus owners 

Edited by Pieman99

5 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

When is the 2001 Focus livery coming to the game? How do we get it without having to purchase the GOTY edition? 

it literally says it in the post up there, as well as the more detailed description in the blog: "livery for Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 (available to everyone that owns the car)"

GOTY edition is just the super deluxe edition in a shinier package (and released on disc for console). if you have seasons 1-4 you already have everything in the GOTY version, including any upcoming stuff

12 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

You'll still have the massive downloads... one of the best parts to the MP implementation in DR2.0 is that as long as the party host owns the content everyone in the lobby can use it. Which means everyone has all of the content on their machines...

Granted, the initial download was big and took a while, but, all the content I have is stuff I wanted and enjoy. Rallycross barely interests me so I didn't get any of that DLC. Everyone has different tastes and thankfully Codies catered for that by allowing us to take our pick of what we wanted and if we wanted everything then we could get it, we just didn't have to if we didn't want to.

• Like 1

When every game released in 2019 releases a "Game of the Year" edition, lol.

Well, I guess they couldn't call it "How It Should Have Released" edition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yes I also saw that thing about rebalancing the audio. that is AWESOME. hopefully now the engine noise for the NR4 cars won't be so quiet.

And new audio for the Fabia. Did they finally manage to get hold of an actual Fabia to record? :classic_biggrin:

I'm really looking forward to the sound of the engine for the Fabia.

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

Did they finally manage to get hold of an actual Fabia to record?

I believe so, yes.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I believe so, yes.

And for the C4 Rally, too?
Because the patch notes say it got updated, too.

I thought the C4 Rally had the correct sound 🤨