F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Less Set of Tyres on Race

Hi all,

I'm playing races 50% long with full qualy. By default for Q1 I get to use 3 sets of S and 1 set of M. A 4th set of S will be available once I reach Q3. However, I should be able to use all these compounds in the race, right? (Or that's what I thought).

So now I'm in Q1, and I use the first set of Softs. I make it to Q2.

In Q2, I use a second set of Softs and I make it to Q3. Now I'll be starting the race with these compounds.

In Q3, I use the third set of softs.

In total I used 3 set of Softs out of 4. I left one compound to go for a 2 stops-strategy. So when I jump into the race, and try to go for a S-S-M strategy, I expect to have a new set of S after the first pit-stop. However, I can only choose between the used set of softs.

Why's this happening? Do I have to return some sets of tyres after the qualy? If that's the case, can't I return one of the worn tyres and keep the new set of S for the race?

The extra tyre set that is given to you for reaching Q3 will be returned. So if you only want to make one run in Q3 (after your Q1 & Q2) to have an extra soft + medium in the race you need to use the 5th tyre set when selecting the tires (not the 3rd one). It's also shown as recommended for Q3 given that it's a free set of tires only meant for that session.