DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

PS4 Store - DLC weird pricing

Posted (edited)

Hi there,
As an Digital Deluxe Edition buyer I'm wondering the current DLC pricing on PS4 Store (EU):

image.png.ee9a68d1102fca7a4710e2621bb6b86f.png

Why's it cheaper to buy content (S1, S2) that I already own vs buying the content that I need?

Year One Pass includes the same content as DCP 1 & 2?

E: IMO Deluxe Edition buyers should have an option to upgrade to Super Deluxe Edition.

E2: Well it seems that the Steam pricing is as confusing and weird as well:
Base game 14€
Super Deluxe: 28€
Deluxe CP 2.0: 8€ (CP 1.0 non existent?)
Year One pass: 20€ (thou this is not listed anywhere than under the CP 2.0 store page)

The Deluxe Content Pack 2.0 price should be somewhere near the Steam price on PS4 too.

Seems like the Codies themselves have gotten a little bit confused with the pricing and the amount of all the dlc?

Edited by fireglow
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

yeah, I agree, I think they mixed the prices up. on Steam a couple months ago it was the same, with the S3-4 pack being more expensive than the Year 1 pack, (plus the Year 1 pack was on sale!). I own the original Deluxe Edition, so I ended up just buying the Year 1 pack. and then a week or so later they adjusted the prices so the S3-4 pack was cheaper. I think they changed the prices around (reduced them massively) to make it easier for people to get all the content (including the upcoming Colin pack), but forgot to do it for some of the items in the PS store.

and yeah, some things have completely disappeared from the Steam store now: namely the Deluxe Edition upgrade (ie the S1-S2 pack, plus a few early unlocks and the 911 RGT), and other things have become very hard to get to, like the Year 1 pass.

I suspect they're going to remove basically everything (possibly even the individual cars and tracks) and to only have the GOTY Edition, which is just a rebranded Super Deluxe Edition. it makes it less confusing for people who don't have the game yet, which is fair enough.

I really hope they do, current amount of DLC and all does make very little sense. Guess I'll wait the launch of Colin pack and GOTY edition and see what happens. 

I´m still waiting for a sale on the second expansion pass (s3ands4) on PSN EU because they haven't bothered putting that on sale for the Playstation community.

I´m aware of the €19.99 first year of dlc but i already purchased the first two seasons.

Meanwhile on Xbox? Seeing that the game is on gamepass they lowered the price on the expansions permanently.

https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/p/dirt-rally-20-deluxe-content-pack-20-seasons-3-and-4/9n9mzg604nlk?cid=msft_web_search&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

€11.99 without gamepass discount and not on "sale" but a lower price than the PS counterpart.

I don’t know all the specifics but one thing to consider is that each platform has their own policies on how soon or how often you can drop the price of something, or put it on sale.

Hypothetically, on Platform A you need to keep a static price for 30 days before you can go on sale, and after that sale ends you can’t change the price again for at least another 30, things like that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

^^^ yeah that makes a lot of sense

21 hours ago, Rumenapp said:

I´m still waiting for a sale on the second expansion pass (s3ands4) on PSN EU because they haven't bothered putting that on sale for the Playstation community.

I´m aware of the €19.99 first year of dlc but i already purchased the first two seasons.

Meanwhile on Xbox? Seeing that the game is on gamepass they lowered the price on the expansions permanently.

https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/p/dirt-rally-20-deluxe-content-pack-20-seasons-3-and-4/9n9mzg604nlk?cid=msft_web_search&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

€11.99 without gamepass discount and not on "sale" but a lower price than the PS counterpart.

interesting about the xbox stuff. I had been wondering but was too lazy to check haha

23 hours ago, ianism said:

^^^ yeah that makes a lot of sense

interesting about the xbox stuff. I had been wondering but was too lazy to check haha

If you´re playing via gamepass it´s worth it, i´m playing via gamepass on xb1 too but i already bought the first two seasons on ps4 and wanted to purchase the rest of the seasons on this platform.