Sign in to follow this  

Abu Dhabi Community Challege insane objective lap times?

They started off with 1:36 and then lowered it to 1:34.  I failed to qualify so many times until I finally got it down to 1:31 by driving my 1700 PI car absolutely flat out balls to the wall style.  This lap only qualified me 12 on the grid.  Very unrealistic target lap times?

I started practising this this morning in preparation and my best was a 1:26 but on average I was more like 1:27. Then I saw it was 40CR to enter and though, no thanks. 

Qualifying was easy. I always have issues going all out in the actual races cos the brake point or brakes can randomly fail in some corners. 
So to complete the event, I have to overbrake and thus slower times. Wasted credits retrying as well. 
happens for all events after introduction of pay to retry. 

2 hours ago, elimmel said:

Qualifying was easy. I always have issues going all out in the actual races cos the brake point or brakes can randomly fail in some corners. 
So to complete the event, I have to overbrake and thus slower times. Wasted credits retrying as well. 
happens for all events after introduction of pay to retry. 

I'm the other way round.  I didn't have problem starting from 12 and made it to 1st in 3 laps in the race so I can't be that slow.  I struggled big time in the qualifying.  Right now I'm working on my lap times.  I still consistently fall between 1:32 and 1:34 no matter how hard I try. 

1 hour ago, mobileracingfan said:

I'm the other way round.  I didn't have problem starting from 12 and made it to 1st in 3 laps in the race so I can't be that slow.  I struggled big time in the qualifying.  Right now I'm working on my lap times.  I still consistently fall between 1:32 and 1:34 no matter how hard I try. 

Are you using brake assist?If so,try lower setting.Only off and low are without brake assist.I am using low....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CosareNL said:

Are you using brake assist?If so,try lower setting.Only off and low are without brake assist.I am using low....

No, veteran setting and manual acceleration.  Here's my setup:

1759 PI

Power: 152

Aero: 928

Lightweight: 179

Handling: 500

Brakes: 0

Edited by mobileracingfan
  • Like 1