Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Coronavirus and F1 2020 - Thread

UP100

Do note while viewing older messages that the thread title was changed from a Chinese GP specific title to a general title about F1 2020 on 13/03/2020.

Message added by UP100

What? At this stage it's still going ahead, and if not, they are looking at postponing it.

Keep your pants on.

• Agree 1

The person only asked a question and until FIA tells the teams about Shanghai plans we have no clue what Codemasters will do until FIA tells them 

• Agree 1

I think Bahrain wasn't in the 2011 game when they cancelled that one, but I'd like for the track to be at least drivable in the game no matter what happens in real life. Then again I'd say the same for all tracks that already exist in sufficient quality like Germany and Malaysia. Add some track rotation to the career, that'd be a great feature. Wishful thinking, I know

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Its on the official F1 calendar so should be in the game whether it goes ahead or not. I would like to Hockenheim as an online only or special track though 

• Agree 4

We don't need TOO much realism in the game otherwise we will end up with a 1/1000 chance our driver will get sick and then another 4/100 chance he will pass away. 

This comment was not meant to be humorous but a nod to the suffering our fellow earth dwellers are currently experiencing in the world wide sport of F1. 

• Like 2

If it's not inclement weather doing the killing, then it's a virus. What else will potentially jeopardize F1 venues this year!  Given that F1 is a potentially lethal sport anyways, where drivers as well as spectators can succumb to fatal injuries during a race, I say let the show go on.  The air quality in Melbourne vs the very rare chance of someone catching this virus while attending the race seems a bit far-fetched to me for the latter.  In the words of Queen, the show must go on! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I think it would be a nice touch for the Chinese GP to be dropped from the opening season of career mode but then be put back on the schedule for all other seasons of the career mode.

• Agree 1

Dude, I dont want to get my virtual racer sick and his virtual crew...CANCEL!

• Haha 1

Let's say Australia, Bahrain, Vietnam and China all go, along with more, potentially.

I'd think the best approach would be to have 2 championships; one with the championship that was originally proposed for 2020, and one with the races that actually took part.

If this virus keeps spreading we might have to watch virtual races instead of real ones this year 😕; maybe someone should propose that to the FIA; races that can't happen do eSports ones with real drivers instead 😄

• Haha 1

The sensible option would be to include the track but have the Official season in career mode miss the track out, then as someone else said, reintroduce it for future seasons.

Same applies to any other tracks affected. At this point in time, I don't think Australia is safe and potentially the whole season could collapse into disarray once we get to Europe.

Nah, it will die out just as any other kind of flu. Not the best way to say it I now realize. 

• Haha 1

As some have already mentioned, having the tracks in-game would be preferable. We already have short circuits for example. Skipping the track on career on only a specific season may require some work though.

気を付けてください🙂 コードマスターズフォーラムに日本人はあまりいません。

On 2/28/2020 at 10:21 PM, 1512marcel said:

Short circuit? I’m sure the devs will if they have to do this 😂

The short versions of circuits I've no idea why they were added. Absolute zero value to the game.

Reverse mode or classic tracks are what people want.

I really hope they don't remove the Chinese GP from F1 2020 due to the postponement... It's such a fun track to drive, one of my top 5. If the Chinese GP is re-arranged to take place later in the year, during the summer break for example, I wonder if Codies will move it in the in-game calendar?

If the race before the season begins is sanctioned to be off the calendar, there is no use of including it in the game, as that would be an accurate reflection of the current season. But if Codemasters have already planned for its inclusion in the game, then it becomes a bonus for players! I'd like to see it in the game for sure! We can have Jeff say something about Covid-19 to make it all official and all! 😂😂