Sign in to follow this  

Weird timing bug on Australia?

Posted (edited)

Every stage I've ever finished that showed green split times at the end ( -3.250 for example) I've won, until I just started testing Australia for adding into my custom championship (trying to make one of only tracks I enjoy, and have minimal or no random loud call outs (So far australia is the worst for this issue) and minimal bad calls (6 left into 6 right and the 6 right is twice as sharp type ****). Every stage that I won, one of which it said I was up by over 7 seconds, with no penalties, I finished seconds in some how? Timer bugged?

USA has a stage thats weird as well, you start out in a flat out up hill section and if you watch the bar you lose a ton of time on the first 500m or so and usually end up 7-10 seconds down at the end of the first sector, but somehow make it all up by the end of the second sector, so I guess not a big deal lol.

Side note, New Zealand AI seems horribly balanced. I run the same difficulty across all rallies and stay within a fair range of competition as long as I don't wreck, but I get smashed at New Zealand even before I lightly graze the side of the track and get spun and launched into the next dimension. 

Edit : I stand corrected, Bidno Moorland reverse in the Wales rally, literally the entire stage has the super loud call outs, every single turn. So Australia has been beaten for most annoying.

Edited by DarkRedslayer

2 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

Every stage that I won, one of which it said I was up by over 7 seconds, with no penalties, I finished seconds in some how? Timer bugged?

No.
You were probably not the last on stage.
The fastest driver starts last.

There is a menu tab with the running order.

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

No.
You were probably not the last on stage.
The fastest driver starts last.

There is a menu tab with the running order.

I've literally never had that happen before. Why even show the split time if its useless.

35 minutes ago, DarkRedslayer said:

I've literally never had that happen before. Why even show the split time if its useless.

You don't understand how the rallysport works, eh?

In rally not everyone drives at the same time, so the split times can't be final until the last one finished, obviously.
The game is just simulating how it works in real life.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

You don't understand how the rallysport works, eh?

In rally not everyone drives at the same time, so the split times can't be final until the last one finished, obviously.
The game is just simulating how it works in real life.

I must always run the event last or something then, other than at Australia because it's never done it to me at any other rally.

I've turned it off entirely though since all it does is distract me anyway.

10 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

I must always run the event last or something then, other than at Australia because it's never done it to me at any other rally.

I've turned it off entirely though since all it does is distract me anyway.

No, if you would run the event as the last one, you would have already the "definitive rival time" on the split-timer.
Again, you can see the starting order in the menu right before the stage starts.
Your "main rival" is most of the time way better than any other AI driver. Usually several seconds faster than the 2nd fastest AI driver.

I just don't know how to help here, because Australia is not one of the rallies that have bad AI times. From my memory at least.
Poland is much worse in that matter.

On wich difficulty are you playing?

7 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

No, if you would run the event as the last one, you would have already the "definitive rival time" on the split-timer.
Again, you can see the starting order in the menu right before the stage starts.
Your "main rival" is most of the time way better than any other AI driver. Usually several seconds faster than the 2nd fastest AI driver.

I just don't know how to help here, because Australia is not one of the rallies that have bad AI times. From my memory at least.
Poland is much worse in that matter.

On wich difficulty are you playing?

Somewhere in the higher half of "medium" I can't remember the exact number. I cannot find a good balance on this game, because on this setting, I dominate some rallies (especially germany, where I usually win each stage by 10-15 seconds (running just the shorter stages at that) While at other rallies like Poland, I can get second, usually really close to 3rd place time, but get smashed by the lead AI, this last attempt there after 4 short stages, I was like 30 seconds down on the lead ai and 10 seconds up on 3rd. Is there a way to stop one AI from utterly smashing the rest (and sometimes me lol)? 

I would probably do better at poland, but if you so much as look at the edge of the track you get mario karted into the next dimension.

Basically at this difficulty, I either completely smash the AI, or hopelessly lose to one AI and have a good close race with the next 2-3 AI. If I could eliminate that lead AI, some of these rallys would be a lot more fun because of how close it would be.

On the note of difficulty, when setting up custom championships, is there a way to make each rally have a different difficulty? So I could try to find some kind of balance, where assuming a clean run, I am competitive and not dominant or getting smashed and nothing in between lol.

Also, is there an option somewhere to balance the AI so one isn't stupidly fast compared to the others? 

I guess if I can change the difficulty in the main menu, I could do that after each round, since literally every single time I hit continue to move to the next location (Poland-Spain for example, not stage to stage thankfuly) the game crashes to desktop.