Manage your expectations 🏁🏎🚥

Posted (edited)

Is it Manage your expectations,

or Manage  their expectations,

or Manage our expectations,

i think Grid 2019 is the best ever grid they have ever produced,

it takes your breath away, the hard work which went into this game shows,

i just wonder how much Alonso was paid, was he paid more money and attention then the actual game cost to make ,

no matter ,Grid 2019 is brilliant cough cough,

Edited by senna94f1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

the driving model is nice, car models also, great engines sounds

the ambient graphic and cardboard terrible textures like a decade ago, many light bugs, poor LoD optimization, the tree models are so shaming poor  

the weather - overexposed or too much candy light effects, overall new Dirt is way better in reality and eye fun aspect

the garage & profile a bit poor to enjoy it

overall, it could have been outstanding edition, but it's just simple playable

Edited by minetti

About Alonso. What was the purpose of getting him involved in this game other then his name on an AI-car. Would the game be worse without him? 

• Agree 2

it's fun to race with others, as usual. having less cars, tracks, modes, tuning is not as good. basically grid is improved in places and degraded in others, all in all an okay game

• Agree 1

My biggest issue with GRID 2019 is that it feels like a massive step backwards compared to Codies other racing games that are available at the moment. The F1 series and Dirt Rally feel like they've had a bit more thought put into them, and with the hype surrounding Alonso being a "consultant" on GRID, I thought they were going more towards those games with GRID. Sadly, though, GRID feels like a game that was put together by a B-team of developers over the course of a couple of months. It has nice handling, but everything else around it feels like "That'll do!" 

• Agree 6

I think it's more than apparant now that Grid was more than likely a project to fund other projects. Minimal budget, minimal content, high pricing and run it to it's conclusion with bare minimum updates. But on a positive note everyone can greet the next Codemasters game with a much lower level of expectation and at least that way they won't be disappointed with what they get.

It matters little to me because after the uber-expensive pricing policy of DR2 and the the way in which Grid was handled there's no incentive to support a company who no longer have the gamer's best interests at heart. Besides which, if Project Cars 3 happens to be the next game then the decision to abstain will be made all the more easier because I have absolutely no desire to purchase anything with Ian Bell's name attached to it. "forgive and forget"...not a prayer.   

• Agree 5

53 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I think it's more than apparant now that Grid was more than likely a project to fund other projects. Minimal budget, minimal content, high pricing and run it to it's conclusion with bare minimum updates. But on a positive note everyone can greet the next Codemasters game with a much lower level of expectation and at least that way they won't be disappointed with what they get.

It matters little to me because after the uber-expensive pricing policy of DR2 and the the way in which Grid was handled there's no incentive to support a company who no longer have the gamer's best interests at heart. Besides which, if Project Cars 3 happens to be the next game then the decision to abstain will be made all the more easier because I have absolutely no desire to purchase anything with Ian Bell's name attached to it. "forgive and forget"...not a prayer.   

I doubt they got any proper money out of this. Most likely creating liveries for F1 2019 would got them around the same amount of money, with much less workforce needed.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I think it's more than apparant now that Grid was more than likely a project to fund other projects. Minimal budget, minimal content, high pricing and run it to it's conclusion with bare minimum updates.

If thats the case it backfired.

According this they only sold about 100.000 copies.

Grid games are on the bottom row.

But my opinion this game doesnt deserve to carry the name grid.

Edited by Assiemodis
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

If thats the case it backfired.

Grid games are on the bottom row.

But my opinion this game doesnt deserve to carry the name grid.

Do note that SteamSpy's guesses are quite horrible these days I believe. It's 50 000 - 100 000 what they guess. Though I'm going to guess less and not more.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

a project to fund other projects

Such a project still needs sales to fund other projects. What were they expecting with such quality is beyond my comprehension.

43 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

Grid games are on the bottom row

This is not a surprise with such attitude...

PS.
GRID2. Reaction: what a terrible game, what a terrible handling!!! sold 5-10 mlns
Autosport. Turns back semisim handling. sold 1 mln.

Sadness.

Edited by lastbreath

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Do note that SteamSpy's guesses are quite horrible these days I believe. It's 50 000 - 100 000 what they guess. Though I'm going to guess less and not more.

The major firesale two months later was nice wasn't it? Especially for those who pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition 🤧

Perhaps if you are not going to shift as many copies, make a game people will continue to pay more for longer ...

1 minute ago, django|UKMD said:

The major firesale two months later was nice wasn't it? Especially for those who pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition 🤧

Perhaps if you are not going to shift as many copies, make a game people will continue to pay more for longer ...

Well it was around 8 euros cheaper than pre-ordering the PC version from the store, so it didn't hurt me as an indivitual. Though I do understand people not liking it, but there also has to be a way to get more people onboard when the launch wasn't really successfull.

I'm still waiting for the next GRID (2019) DLC Season Pass to be announced by the way

CodeMasters keeping silent as ever, the cheeky rascals

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

GRID2. Reaction: what a terrible game, what a terrible handling!!! sold 5-10 mlns

Sadness.

yeah lot of people disliked grid2 and that showed in sell numbers for autosport.

So I am curious what this game for effect has on next codemasters game.  😂

Edited by Assiemodis
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Such a project still needs sales to fund other projects. What were they expecting with such quality is beyond my comprehension.

I couldn't agree more and when you consider that there were ZERO high profile racing games planned for the latter half of (or even the whole of) 2019 I still can't for the life of me fathom out why Codemasters didn't exploit that fact by going all out to fill that void with a truly exceptional product instead of doing things on the cheap to hopefully make a quick buck.

But hey, with ACC imminent and probably a shiny new Forza to look forward to at least nobody has to worry when Codemasters slice Project Cars 3 into tiny little DLC seasons to maximise revenue because 2020 is going to bring considerably more choice to the table.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

I think its less than 100k if you consider people who refunded game 🙂

11 hours ago, lastbreath said:

It's obvious. It is GRID end as a title.

Agree, they managed to destroy the brand and name GRID !

• Agree 3

I think that if they do make a new GRID game, they should go back to something similar to the old TOCA games. They should have more real life circuits, and keep a mixture of fictional street circuits, but they should do away with the reverse tracks. Also, they should give the player a chance to practise each circuit before the race, so they're not going in blind. Maybe have each race set up like a race weekend with practise, qualifying and the race. Many of the races in GRID are ruined by the fact that the AI know's the track and drives very aggressively, so if you're not sure of the track and you're trying to find yourself some space to settle into the flow, you'll often get punted in the back by an overly aggressive AI driver who then becomes your nemesis because HE hit YOU. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PeteUplink said:

I think that if they do make a new GRID game, they should go back to something similar to the old TOCA games. They should have more real life circuits, and keep a mixture of fictional street circuits, but they should do away with the reverse tracks. Also, they should give the player a chance to practise each circuit before the race, so they're not going in blind. Maybe have each race set up like a race weekend with practise, qualifying and the race. Many of the races in GRID are ruined by the fact that the AI know's the track and drives very aggressively, so if you're not sure of the track and you're trying to find yourself some space to settle into the flow, you'll often get punted in the back by an overly aggressive AI driver who then becomes your nemesis because HE hit YOU. 

the damage to GREED 2019 is DONE !

I say they should bring back the TOCA name since no one has bad feelings about it.

Get rid of the GRID name for the next title & make more of a sim with circuit tracks & none of this BS DLC fest either.

Not sure if city tracks would fit with the TOCA name but if they are real city tracks then why not.

Lots of tracks & cars & then i would be OK with dlc added after.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Pcars 3 could be the spiritual succesor of Toca series but the last infos we know about it from SMS (before deal with CM) that the new PCARS is gonna be more spiritual succesor to NFS SHIFT 1/2 than Pcars 1/2 which were pure motorsport theme games, to me this mean many city trakcs , visual customizations Nitro maybe ect..  CM should make Grid for casual players  with various modes like drift , demo derby , more city tracks , no qualifying ,less motorport cars ,more street ones ect and let Pcars 3 to be closer to TOCA and previous Pcars games focusing to motorsport with more sim elements.. Lets see how CM is gonna  mess up that poor Pcars 3.. :classic_laugh:

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

On 3/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, lastbreath said:

Sadness.

The problem with Autosport was it's timing of release and the fact Codemasters decided it wasn't financially viable to port it to XB1 and PS4, so it kind of got overlooked when everyone upgraded to the newer consoles. If it was good enough to generate 1m unit sales on previous gen consoles then it does kind of make you wonder how well it would have done if Codemasters had decided to take the plunge and upgrade it for the newer consoles as well.

You never know, we might now be talking about how great Grid 5 (or even Grid 6) is instead of lamenting over the half-hearted game we ended up with after six years of waiting. 

Anyhows, i'm now bringing this whole Grid thing to an end and moving onwards and upwards to better things (and judging by forum activity it looks like i'm not alone in my decision) so, in the words of Delboy, it's "bonjour" from me.... Happy gaming and stay well.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Tbh I think we all gave up on grid 2019.

Had enormous potential and although I  am a wheel sim guy . I enjoyed what little content we had for grid 2019. 

I only played grid 2019 on a controller as I was told it did not work well with wheels and yet we were told it was for the casual sim racer and serious arcade racer.

For £55 the base game as its called nowadays was not much more than a expensive demo of yesteryear games  

I could never understand why codemasters chose there different routes with games that make money. 

All the best and I hope everyone is safe And well. 

Edited by senna94f1
Predictable spelling gets its words all wrong
  • Agree 1

Codemasters wont stop supporting GRID 2019, they will call a towtruck and TOW it away 😉 

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 7:39 PM, Jay84 said:

Codemasters wont stop supporting GRID 2019, they will call a towtruck and TOW it away 😉 

baaaahhhhh.......ofc they will stop support, we were warned from day one by fellow gamer's But we held on to our hopes for glory.

Grid just ends up crushing our dreams & hopes, just like covid-19 is doing to our plans for the spring & summer..................

Unless Cm delays season 3 with something spectacularly "surprising" cough cough (many tracks flat out just ripped from g2 & gas), i don''t even mind if they do just copy paste at this point...........COPY PASTE, COPY PASTE, COPY PASTE........................developers developers developers.......COPY PASTE (final solution) better then the death of grid series.

Otherwise Definitely Not a pre- order again, was my 1st for CM & my LAST.

THX CM,  lesson learned & Not forgotten.

with grid covid-19 ATM in full viral effect my wallet has vise gripes locked On, "like No other".

I AM OugaMon, BLASTING demons to smithereens in DOOM Eternal................AAAhhhhhh some satisfaction at last 

manage my wallet mode !

Edited by OugaBooga
CV infected
  • Agree 1