F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Manage your expectations 🏁🏎🚥

Yeah, I honestly think they are basically done by now with this game. It is on permanent price drop now, and more than likely they will release Season 3 in the upcoming two or three weeks, and then that's it. Probably all support will end... it has already ended on these very boards, it seems.

Such a shame, the game had it's potential but killed itself with the lack of content. They made quite some fixes along the way, but ultimately I don't think many people bought this, and not so many people keeps playing it compared to other games.

The reasons are clear: lack of content, bad optimization, lack of basic features at launch like race duration or MP lobbies. I really think that either the game was made on a rush, probably with low budget, or maybe they decided to reduce the budget at some point for some reason, so they ended launching the game anyway with the little content they had. The bad choice was to make it full price, maybe if it was cheaper would have sold more (but anyway they caught some of us on launch, as the game was quicly put on discount several times just weeks after launch)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 7:48 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

no MP lobbies at launch was a big killer

the most funny thing - it wasn't rushed release. The game was developed without lobbies by intention! Looks like game designers never played any racing game. Absolutely lame!

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1

@CMTGK Please manage our expectations, I have asked several times and not gotten an answer.

Can we expect any additional content (tracks) after season 3 or is season 3 the end??

our expectations were great for Grid given the quality of the previous games, we certainly did not expect what we got!

Advanced issue found

2 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

Can we expect any additional content (tracks) after season 3 or is season 3 the end??

We have nothing to share about content post-Season 3. Season 3 is on the way. More information about that will be coming soon.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 3

I realize people are disappointed but some of you sound a bit too loony.

Its a bloody video game at the end of the day guys.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, theravenousbeas said:

I realize people are disappointed but some of you sound a bit too loony.

Its a bloody video game at the end of the day guys.

It's more the fact that the way this game was treated might be the nail in the coffin for the GRID series.

• Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

It's more the fact that the way this game was treated might be the nail in the coffin for the GRID series.

Not really? It's a nail in the coffin the same way as not releasing anything would be... so we just wait when some team picks it up the next time, if they ever do.

We got multiple Operation Flashpoint games as well for example and both of those games got more negative feedback than GRID 2019 as far as I know. We even have Bodycount from the same studio.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Yes, as old fan of TOCA and GRID games and I know i will never pre-order or buy game from them anymore, before I really see positive comments and good gameplay videos after release (very important). I also share opinion that they made a huge mistake with last "game" and probably wont make a new one soon or even never (talking about GRID series) ...
I am also scared about SMS ... 😞

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy

Posted (edited)

I was just doing a race on shanghai with the track day GT class and it is raining in the tunnels.

Is that what you mean with manage your expectations @CMTGK

Edited by Assiemodis
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

It's called realism , tunnels have leaks 😄

Well that is damn big leak then.  😂

27C689DAE1AE6BB7D245641A4208561FF7040829

• Haha 4

Don't know what it caused but after I finally finished setting things up for recording and I retried the event it was gone.   :classic_blink:

still around peoples ? codemasters ? next grid ? noooooooo 

there is a big news, codemasters will start producing cakes and chocolate now. No more games. Check the news on google.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

"We have nothing to share about post season 3" 

Let me translate: "We have no plans for post season 3 content" 

its more like 'we dont respect you enough to give you any information'

"We’re not done with GRID yet, so please feel free to join in with the conversation on the official GRID Forums and on our Discord. "

that's as much as there is!

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

its more like 'we dont respect you enough to give you any information'

"We’re not done with GRID yet, so please feel free to join in with the conversation on the official GRID Forums and on our Discord. "

that's as much as there is!

I don't think anymore content is coming. Best case scenario, it could be one more track. But otherwise, maybe they would bring some fixes and call it a day. No one's interested in this game anymore. And I really, REALLY tried.

Ultimately, I can't believe how badly they screw it with this. It had it's potential, but for me is the most disappointing game of this gen so far. It is not terrible, tho, but not nearly as good as it should be.

The only good thing is the experience we got from this: I'm never again preordering a Codemasters game. Never, ever again.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2020 at 10:44 AM, UP100 said:

We got multiple Operation Flashpoint games as well for example and both of those games got more negative feedback than GRID 2019 as far as I know. 

With the difference being that despite the negativity those Op Flashpoint games received they were still incredibly popular and (probably) sold squillions of units. It's not about one game getting more negative feedback than another one (because if that were the case then the likes of FIFA, COD, Battlefield and all those scummy microtransaction obsessed games would be long gone by now), it's all about how that negativity affects the overall outcome of the game in question.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

I would still buy more DLC if there are a decent number of tracks and cars in the packs AND they commit to keep improving the game

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

With the difference being that despite the negativity those Op Flashpoint games received they were still incredibly popular and (probably) sold squillions of units. It's not about one game getting more negative feedback than another one (because if that were the case then the likes of FIFA, COD, Battlefield and all those scummy microtransaction obsessed games would be long gone by now), it's all about how that negativity affects the overall outcome of the game in question.

I kind of doubt that the Codies' games were incredibly popular and sold millions of copies as the action studio was shut down in 2011 due to Codemasters being in huge financial trouble...

OFDR's promised post launch support was also cut almost immeadiately.

Edited by UP100

6 hours ago, UP100 said:

I kind of doubt that the Codies' games were incredibly popular and sold millions of copies as the action studio was shut down in 2011 due to Codemasters being in huge financial trouble...

OFDR's promised post launch support was also cut almost immeadiately.

As of 2011 the franchise had sold "in excess of 3.5m units" (© the internet :classic_tongue:) so not to shabby a return on a supposedly deeply unpopular game that spent most of it's early life as a PC exclusive at a time when the market was awash with similar games and it's latter life trying to compete in the shadow of some very, very high budget big hitters. My theory is that the studio shut not because of financial hardship but because where FPS / TPS are concerned you simply cannot compete with organisations who have the capability to burn $50m on development budgets, so the relative security of racing games and a little more effort with a dubious F1 licence (that not even Sony wanted to keep) might have been their only way forward... Or it might indeed have been just be a huge coincidence that Codemasters Racing was conceived a few months later (in 2012) and pretty much everything Codemasters have done ever since has been racing games.. Oh, (cough) and Onrush.

5 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

As of 2011 the franchise had sold "in excess of 3.5m units" (© the internet :classic_tongue:) so not to shabby a return on a supposedly deeply unpopular game that spent most of it's early life as a PC exclusive at a time when the market was awash with similar games and it's latter life trying to compete in the shadow of some very, very high budget big hitters.

Do you have the data on how much of it were generated by the Codemasters' Action Studio titles? Those are the ones I was talking about. I was only able to find one source and it feels a little odd. We also don't have data on OFRR and Bodycount which were both significantly worse than OFDR that was considered fine even by some ARMA guys 😕 

I also have this article (2010) which says 'Over 2 million copies of Operation Flashpoint have been sold since its release' talking about only the original game. That number is also backed by Codemasters' site as they said to have sold 1 million copies of the game in 2002.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060322142845/http://www.codemasters.com/press/?showarticle=2266

5 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

My theory is that the studio shut not because of financial hardship but because where FPS / TPS are concerned you simply cannot compete with organisations who have the capability to burn $50m on development budgets, so the relative security of racing games and a little more effort with a dubious F1 licence (that not even Sony wanted to keep) might have been their only way forward... Or it might indeed have been just be a huge coincidence that Codemasters Racing was conceived a few months later (in 2012) and pretty much everything Codemasters have done ever since has been racing games.. Oh, (cough) and Onrush.

Codemasters Racing was just a brand name that was created for some reason, and then it was killed. Swordfish Studios (F1 developers) had already been acquired by Codemasters in 2008 or so.

Codemasters also returned to non-racing games in 2014 as they created the Codemasters Malta studio which developed an Overlord spinoff and something else. They were shut down in 2015.

There are also obvs the arcadish racing titles like Toybox Turbos, Micromachines and F1 Race Stars for example.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

Do you have the data on how much of it were generated by the Codemasters' Action Studio titles? Those are the ones I was talking about. I was only able to find one source and it feels a little odd. We also don't have data on OFRR and Bodycount which were both significantly worse than OFDR that was considered fine even by some ARMA guys 😕 

I also have this article (2010) which says 'Over 2 million copies of Operation Flashpoint have been sold since its release' talking about only the original game. That number is also backed by Codemasters' site as they said to have sold 1 million copies of the game in 2002.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060322142845/http://www.codemasters.com/press/?showarticle=2266

Codemasters Racing was just a brand name that was created for some reason, and then it was killed. Swordfish Studios (F1 developers) had already been acquired by Codemasters in 2008 or so.

Codemasters also returned to non-racing games in 2014 as they created the Codemasters Malta studio which developed an Overlord spinoff and something else. They were shut down in 2015.

There are also obvs the arcadish racing titles like Toybox Turbos, Micromachines and F1 Race Stars for example.

I was just talking about the franchise unit sales as a whole. 

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2011-23-03-operation-flashpoint-franchise-shifted-more-than-3-5m-copies

Yeah, I was aware of Overlord as well as those arcade spin offs ("pretty much everything") and the F1 licence ("more effort into...") stuff but from my vague recollection of the game, F1 2012 was a real step up in quality - and coincidentally it remains the only F1 game I have ever purchased at full price. Hmm, I thought Codemasters Racing was a brand name that was still used but hey, you live and learn.

The best thing that CM have to do is to order Evolution studios members to make a spiritual successor of the great Drive Club and not being involved other than handling/physics in upcoming Pcars 3 , and let aside games like Onrush , Toybox turbos michromachines ect..

4 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

The best thing that CM have to do is to order Evolution studios members to make a spiritual successor of the great Drive Club and not being involved other than handling/physics in upcoming Pcars 3 , and let aside games like Onrush , Toybox turbos michromachines ect..

The only thing Codemasters are going to order from Evo Studios members is a Big Mac and fries because that's where they all work now 😲

• Haha 1