Safety Car appears in almost every race

PC v1.22 / 50% Races / Career Mode /  Third season

Hi Folks!

I play in my career the third season, and since some patch, I don’t really know which one, but it’s not that long ago, the Safety Car appears in almost ervery race.

At the moment I have driven 9 races, of which it appeared in 7 races, sometimes even several times in one race.

It annoys me so much that I am already considering whether to turn it off, which I actually don't want.

Can someone explain this? Can this be just a coincidence? Has anyone else observed this?

Thanks in forward!

• Agree 2

Hi,

PS4 v1.22 / 50% / Career Mode / third season

actually I had this situation before some patch was released, but I cannot remember which version it was, there it also appeared nearly every race. Right now I just face a Virtual SC in nearly every second race. The real SC just came out once in the last 10 races I would say if not even more.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

Hi,

PS4 v1.22 / 50% / Career Mode / third season

actually I had this situation before some patch was released, but I cannot remember which version it was, there it also appeared nearly every race. Right now I just face a Virtual SC in nearly every second race. The real SC just came out once in the last 10 races I would say if not even more. 

Okay, thanks for reply!

Yesterday evening I play the Silverstone Race (wet weather), and the SC came out again!

I noticed, that in principle every AI-accident gives an SC.

@BarryBLIs it possible, that the Team look into it?

Edited by Magic1111

53 minutes ago, Magic1111 said:

Okay, thanks for reply!

Yesterday evening I play the Silverstone Race (wet weather), and the SC came out again!

I noticed, that in principle every AI-accident gives an SC.

@BarryBLIs it possible, that the Team look into it?

When the SC, is it the full SC or the VSC. Also, can you attach video to the posts showing me the incident? It helps us decide as to whether the incident did deserve the SC or not.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

When the SC, is it the full SC or the VSC. Also, can you attach video to the posts showing me the incident? It helps us decide as to whether the incident did deserve the SC or not. 

Always Full SC.

I drive in the cockpit view, and then the UI shows the message with the driver name that he is out of the session (race), combined with the immediate notification that SC appears. It's all in a split second, how am I supposed to make a video of the AI driver's accidents? I don't see the accidents myself, only the message, that the SC deploy, and I should reduce the speed immediately, etc.

2 hours ago, brsteg said:

Race replays are a thing.

Sorry for the dumb question, but isn't it the case that the camera always focuses on our own car during the repetitions after the race? If the accident between AI cars that led to the SC is not near my car, I won't see it. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other option.

I experience a full course SC whenever an AI car retires from a mechanical issue. I have made a video of 4 occasions where in my opinion the SC has come out for a car parked in a perfectly safe place and at maximum a VSC would have been more than enough.

• Agree 2

I have received 10 Second Penalties for putting two wheels over the white line at Belgium Sector 2 , the long left almost flat out downhill corner.

I find it ridiculous , as I`m not even driving flat speed , just made the mistake of letting two wheels go over the line there.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Magic1111 said:
Sorry for the dumb question, but isn't it the case that the camera always focuses on our own car during the repetitions after the race? If the accident between AI cars that led to the SC is not near my car, I won't see it. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other option.

In the full replay you can switch drivers; so if you know who went out at the SC you switch on board with that driver and find the accident.  Then you can switch cams (TV, etc) to view it in full.

I did for a race in my career mode and wish I could have taken a video but didn't think enough of it.  Full safety car came out for a blown engine, except it looked like the yellow came out first then the car slowed and just disappeared.

I'll be a little more hawk like, as I've been getting one full SC every race since the update patch (but I've only ran 3 career races since.)

• Like 1

Yesterday evening I played Hockenheim race without SC, but with one VSC.

So it tends to continue that (almost) there is an SC or at least VSC in every race.
I'll keep watching that.

Safety Car is catching up all the times it DIDN'T come out🤣

It is very easy to see the differences in different leagues 😛 some the safety car comes out 4 times a race, and some are full of clean drivers and there's barely a difference. 
If the ai is too filthy for the games own rules just find a community with clean people to have fun races with without a safety car every other lap. (Twitch.tv/rwaggy has open lobbies almost every evening) 

And league racing in general is where this game actually shines since the ai is so bad at strategy and changing conditions anyway. 

2 hours ago, Bicarda said:

It is very easy to see the differences in different leagues 😛 some the safety car comes out 4 times a race, and some are full of clean drivers and there's barely a difference. 
If the ai is too filthy for the games own rules just find a community with clean people to have fun races with without a safety car every other lap. (Twitch.tv/rwaggy has open lobbies almost every evening) 

And league racing in general is where this game actually shines since the ai is so bad at strategy and changing conditions anyway. 

The Ai is not that Intelligent online. Far from. They're sometimes more stupid than the biggest noob, and more filthy and dirty than the dirtiest driver online to be found.

i just don't understand why people do in fact turn Ai on online:

• Agree 1

The SC setting is perfect. If your lobby have clean driver without crash SC will never out. If you have a full destruction lobby SC will out many times. So depend how clean driver are.

• Agree 2

But in career mode they are now triggered too easily and you get them most every race. (Went from never to always)

2 hours ago, brsteg said:

But in career mode they are now triggered too easily and you get them most every race. (Went from never to always) 

Precisely! I was just talking about a career.

kew3xkp8.png

I played the Hungarian GP last night and again I had a SC in the third lap, Ricciardo was out of the race.

After the race, I watched the replay and the following happened:

On the start-finish straight Ricciardo had an engine burst, he was still driving around Turn 1 and then parked the car as shown on the mobile phone screenshot.

@BarryBLI know there are more important things in the world right now, and regardless of whether an SC is justified in the situation or not, but something is wrong with the frequency of SC in the game (PC Version). Do you mean if it is possible for the team to look at this or is it no longer being worked on F1 2019?

On 3/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, Magic1111 said:

kew3xkp8.png

I played the Hungarian GP last night and again I had a SC in the third lap, Ricciardo was out of the race.

After the race, I watched the replay and the following happened:

On the start-finish straight Ricciardo had an engine burst, he was still driving around Turn 1 and then parked the car as shown on the mobile phone screenshot.

@BarryBLI know there are more important things in the world right now, and regardless of whether an SC is justified in the situation or not, but something is wrong with the frequency of SC in the game (PC Version). Do you mean if it is possible for the team to look at this or is it no longer being worked on F1 2019?

Hi @Magic1111,

Thanks for the image, helps me out in looking at things like this.

We designed changed to our SC deployment that happened on Patch 1.20, with community feedback being that users do not see the SC/VSC for obvious incidents. We are always happy to see feedback, with images and video, to help us continue to fine-tune and improve things for the player. In this incident, I'm unsure personally on whether an SC is needed. The car is out of the way on the left, however, they are in a prime overtaking position (Turn 1 at Hungary, basically the only overtaking place IRL) with lots of run-off area where there is potential for cars to run off track and potentially into the parked Renault, especially if they get involved in quite a feisty battle into T1. 

With a lot of these, its perspective of the player too. I'm sure some will consider my previous statement, and others will debate it. Totally fair. 

However, I can pass this onto our developers for consideration moving forward.

• Agree 1

@BarryBLOkay, many thanks. The SC has been coming too often since patch 1.20. I now played the races from Australia to Hungary, and only two of them did not get an SC. Something really can't be right there. Thank you for sharing this with the team.

Posted (edited)

@BarryBLNext Race Spa....another SC in Lap 2, and another engine burst. This time from an AI-Ferrari, just behind Eau Rouge.

Perhaps the solution can be found in the fact that it is not the accidents of the AI cars that are to blame for the SC, but the engine burst, and the parking of the AI cars next to the track. Perhaps there are too many motor bursts in the AI, which in turn always results in an SC.

Maybe the team should look for the mistake in this direction, because I think that could be a "hot" trace.

What do you mean?

tw4jlrqo.jpg

lj3dg6cp.jpg

4kb4mgch.jpg

Edited by Magic1111

On 3/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, Magic1111 said:

Okay, many thanks. The SC has been coming too often since patch 1.20. I now played the races from Australia to Hungary, and only two of them did not get an SC. Something really can't be right there. Thank you for sharing this with the team.

So, i can tell you a different opinion. In career 50% length 70 - difficulty, i never seen VSC and see a safety car just once. 

And no one cares about it. But i don't understand why some people faces with often safety car deployment, but other people almost never seen it.

On 3/20/2020 at 5:41 PM, brsteg said:

A toggle is "never" for me right now.

All races a predictable easily, so boring

8 hours ago, Enlate said:

A toggle is "never" for me right now.

All races a predictable easily, so boring

Have you updated with all the latest patched.  As I stated, I went from never, literally; to now I've had 4 safety cars out of 6 races and one additional VSC with patch 1.21 I believe.

Posted (edited)

I still rarely get a safety car and yes I have patched the game to the latest update.

EDIT: I do get safety cars regularly during non-championship races.

Edited by Marcy2200
  • Thanks 1