Jump to content

Safety Car appears in almost every race

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, brsteg said:

Have you updated with all the latest patched.  As I stated, I went from never, literally; to now I've had 4 safety cars out of 6 races and one additional VSC with patch 1.21 I believe.

Yes, i have latest patch right now. The game on PS4 receive updates automatically. Do you have a SC in career mode? Do you start a new career to receive SC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a few days off I continued my career with the race in Monza ... and again with an SC! This time it hit Stroll in the 7th lap with an engine failure.

It's really incredible, but things go wrong.

cwuh398e.jpg

ftiqqcgw.jpg

z57bmz4q.jpg

 

@BarryBL

Please, please, something needs to be improved with a patch, so it can not go on. In every race at least one driver has an engine failure, which ALWAYS dissolves an SC.

I am now urgently requesting that this be worked on, as my feedback now shows a clear pattern.

Engine damage AI> Safety Car

And in every race!

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 6:33 AM, Enlate said:

Yes, i have latest patch right now. The game on PS4 receive updates automatically. Do you have a SC in career mode? Do you start a new career to receive SC?

I was in season 1, and did not have to restart; just started having safety cars once the patch hit.  I think I'm at 6 of 9 races having a safety car since the patch. (Had a blow up right in front of me at Baku on the front stretch into turn 1 and there was no safety car. {Entire race at Baku of all places of safety car free}.)  It's an interesting system they have in place.

SC has allowed me to get 2 wins I wasn't going to get otherwise and one other significantly better finish, which I had altered strategy banking on a safety car and it came at a very good time to make it work.

Edited by brsteg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion if we compare to real life F1, the safety car frequency is pretty okay. The problem is though, that all the types of retirements we ever see are

1. AI technical issue, the only AI retirement, which is not involved with the player.

2. AI crash caused by the player (the player crashes into the AI causing AI to retire)

 

We never see AI crash on their own or with other AI? In fact they never make any mistakes like hit each other when in a battling situation and thus have to go to the pits to change their front wing or their punctured tires. It's a bit boring when they just randomly have smoke coming out of their engines and they pull aside to retire. We need action to the race.

@BarryBL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

As shown through the previous SC patch, where we looked at general user feedback and changed the deployment frequency of the VSC and SC, we are still looking at ways to improve the SC and general racing experience for future titles and will take your feedback on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

As shown through the previous SC patch, where we looked at general user feedback and changed the deployment frequency of the VSC and SC, we are still looking at ways to improve the SC and general racing experience for future titles and will take your feedback on board. 

 

@BarryBL

Does this mean that there will be no further patch regarding the SC for F1 2019?

Edited by Magic1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry, one more question about it ... what happens if I deactivate the SC in the options?
Can AI cars still have engine damage or the like and retire from the race? Or does the AI no longer have problems when the SC is deactivated? How is this regulated with SC deactivated in the options?

And does that only affect the SC, or the VSC too?

 

Edited by Magic1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If possible guys could you provide video on your Safety Car incidents so we can also add it to our review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I see what I can do regarding the video...

Can you please Barry or someone else, please answer my question above, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Magic1111 said:

Sorry, one more question about it ... what happens if I deactivate the SC in the options?
Can AI cars still have engine damage or the like and retire from the race? Or does the AI no longer have problems when the SC is deactivated? How is this regulated with SC deactivated in the options?

And does that only affect the SC, or the VSC too?

 

If you turn off the SC the AI cars will still retire from engine issues and also get the random issues that make them slower for a few laps during the race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next Race Russia....Lap 4 McLaren engine failure.....SC appear!

I'm tired of the messages ... also because I think that not useful and Codemasters won't fix them anymore in F1 2019.

That was my last message ... I will continue to play without SC option enabled.

 

xfg3sy9y.jpg

4gka6u63.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 7:37 PM, brsteg said:

I was in season 1, and did not have to restart; just started having safety cars once the patch hit.  I think I'm at 6 of 9 races having a safety car since the patch. (Had a blow up right in front of me at Baku on the front stretch into turn 1 and there was no safety car. {Entire race at Baku of all places of safety car free}.)  It's an interesting system they have in place.

SC has allowed me to get 2 wins I wasn't going to get otherwise and one other significantly better finish, which I had altered strategy banking on a safety car and it came at a very good time to make it work.

Can you provide your options such as difficulty, race length etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Enlate said:

Can you provide your options such as difficulty, race length etc?

I wrote it in the first post ... but no problem, here again:

PC v1.22 / 50% Races / Career Mode /  Third season / 95% difficulty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Magic1111 said:

I wrote it in the first post ... but no problem, here again:

PC v1.22 / 50% Races / Career Mode /  Third season / 95% difficulty

Oh, sorry. Maybe difficulty can affect on safety car deployment. On 70% AI driving very carefuly, but i don't know why simple retirement affect on your game and don't affect on mine. When i send video to BarryBL he said what a parking out of track is not a reason for SC or VSC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Enlate said:

When i send video to BarryBL he said what a parking out of track is not a reason for SC or VSC 

We all know his words are gospel! You can read and see what happens in magic1111's post.

But seriously, the game has had a broken saftey car feature for several years. Not that feed back was listened to until now. According to the patch notes it has been "tweaked" and is now working as designed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dread to think how many safety cars I will get i was having atleast one a race before the pathed it.

Wouldnt mind but as a backmarker who has been lapped it really messed yod race as you basically end uo frontis of the que but have to left everyome past. Have it working as per real life (unlal yourselves) or non atall.

 

PS stay safe everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 6:34 AM, Enlate said:

Can you provide your options such as difficulty, race length etc?

I'm on 75% difficulty currently, 50% race, career mode season 2 next race is France.  I've now ran 3 races in a row with no SC or VSC; so idk why so many so quickly but now it seems to be averaging out.

Edited by brsteg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I played 5 seasons of a career. In that time I think I maybe saw a half dozen safety cars. For shots and giggles I decided to start a new career. I am now halfway through the 4th race of this new career and there have been 8 safety cars. Exactly 2 per race. On the other hand I have yet to see a VSC.

Codemasters went from safety cars being too rare an occurrence to all of a sudden looking like a bloody NASCAR game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In our 3 x Belgium League Races in the last week , ANY DNF at Au Rouge resulted in a SC. There is HUGE pieces of Runoff Tarmac left and right , so not sure its warranted.

Just throwing it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did see a youtuber racing in a league and he says the same, again a safety car..i know this is Monaco, but even then...

I think it is a bit too much (V)SC for now, but Codemasters will not do anything on the F1 2019 game unfornately 😭

 

You can see the race here i am talking about:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cmon man, how many times the same topics over and over, there is already so many treads like this.

even on the very 1 st site:

SC.png.edb736f578710bb66da20e6c46d58116.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

cmon man, how many times the same topics over and over, there is already so many treads like this.

even on the very 1 st site:

SC.png.edb736f578710bb66da20e6c46d58116.png

Good catch! Merged 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Safety Car discussions, at the start of the game cycle we did receive a vast amount of feedback that the Safety Car doesn't come out at all from a lot of players (e.g. never seeing the SC in a full season etc). However, this did depend on user. Some users never saw it, and I guess I was a lucky one in July to see it on my home save with McLaren (even though I got Devon as a teammate come Austria)

Taking feedback on board, we did tweak the deployment ratios of the VSC and SC so more people saw the SC. In a league race for example, with a higher percentage chance of human error (as there is more humans), it would be naturally expected that you would see a higher percentage chance of a SC. Our league race is tomorrow at Monaco, and I'd be pretty confident that we'll see some sort of SC/VSC action even with a lobby full of clean drivers (we had a VSC in AUS) due to human/my inevitable error, and that's its Monaco. I'm sure that a lot of the players in our league are probably going into tomorrow expecting the same, and might even plan for it.

However, with some of the examples in the videos above (thanks for them btw) are up for debate. @Magic1111, with your Russia example, where the McLaren has stopped is in a prime overtaking position, on a DRS straight, on a tightening corner, and would be pretty close if 2 cars were side by side into the right-left. So (disclaimer: I'm no race steward) I'd potentially consider moving that car as its in a risky place. Again, much like a lot of these, they are up for interpretation. I'd like to see what others think.

Monza however, im not so sure. Stroll is stopped on a piece of grass near the apex of a overtaking place, and a very high speed corner. Do you know exactly where he stopped?

I can add this to the Safety Car feedback we've had as we continue to look at refining the deployment moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

On the Safety Car discussions, at the start of the game cycle we did receive a vast amount of feedback that the Safety Car doesn't come out at all from a lot of players (e.g. never seeing the SC in a full season etc). However, this did depend on user. Some users never saw it, and I guess I was a lucky one in July to see it on my home save with McLaren (even though I got Devon as a teammate come Austria)

Taking feedback on board, we did tweak the deployment ratios of the VSC and SC so more people saw the SC. In a league race for example, with a higher percentage chance of human error (as there is more humans), it would be naturally expected that you would see a higher percentage chance of a SC. Our league race is tomorrow at Monaco, and I'd be pretty confident that we'll see some sort of SC/VSC action even with a lobby full of clean drivers (we had a VSC in AUS) due to human/my inevitable error, and that's its Monaco. I'm sure that a lot of the players in our league are probably going into tomorrow expecting the same, and might even plan for it.

However, with some of the examples in the videos above (thanks for them btw) are up for debate. @Magic1111, with your Russia example, where the McLaren has stopped is in a prime overtaking position, on a DRS straight, on a tightening corner, and would be pretty close if 2 cars were side by side into the right-left. So (disclaimer: I'm no race steward) I'd potentially consider moving that car as its in a risky place. Again, much like a lot of these, they are up for interpretation. I'd like to see what others think.

Monza however, im not so sure. Stroll is stopped on a piece of grass near the apex of a overtaking place, and a very high speed corner. Do you know exactly where he stopped?

I can add this to the Safety Car feedback we've had as we continue to look at refining the deployment moving forward.

You did put a max amount of (V)SC that can be triggered, correct? I am wondering, is the max amount of (V)SC for a 25% race, the same as 50% or 100% race? That could make a different already i think. 

I think it is good that videos are provided so CM can see what triggers the (V)SC and can manage this too often (V)SC issue...

But as you mentioned, this will not effect F1 2019 game because it will not receive any Patch anymore

Edited by GioProductions
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The maximum limitations for combined VSC and SC's are:

25%, 50% and 100% race distances have identical deployment rules, except maximum number of deployments which are 2, 5 and 6 respectively. This is designed so that you would still get most of the race session being at racing speed, rather than spending a large proportion under Safety Car conditions.

Sidenote: The reason that the most is 6 is to match the record of the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix, which had 6 deployments of the SC in a single race.

Notes from Patch 1.20 above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×