Safety Car appears in almost every race

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The maximum limitations for combined VSC and SC's are:

25%, 50% and 100% race distances have identical deployment rules, except maximum number of deployments which are 2, 5 and 6 respectively. This is designed so that you would still get most of the race session being at racing speed, rather than spending a large proportion under Safety Car conditions.

Sidenote: The reason that the most is 6 is to match the record of the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix, which had 6 deployments of the SC in a single race.

Notes from Patch 1.20 above

I think (my opinion) that the maximum deployment is to high. I would expect 1, 3, 5.

But otherwise, CM should keep looking why it is triggered so many times and or make adjustment in that or in the maximum deployment number.

But i hope more members can give an opinion and keep providing videos.

Maybe a poll?

Edited by GioProductions
info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

However, with some of the examples in the videos above (thanks for them btw) are up for debate. @Magic1111, with your Russia example, where the McLaren has stopped is in a prime overtaking position, on a DRS straight, on a tightening corner, and would be pretty close if 2 cars were side by side into the right-left. So (disclaimer: I'm no race steward) I'd potentially consider moving that car as its in a risky place. Again, much like a lot of these, they are up for interpretation. I'd like to see what others think.

Monza however, im not so sure. Stroll is stopped on a piece of grass near the apex of a overtaking place, and a very high speed corner. Do you know exactly where he stopped?

I can add this to the Safety Car feedback we've had as we continue to look at refining the deployment moving forward.

@BarryBL

Thanks for reply mate!

Maybe it's the language or I wasn't clear ... I write a lot with Google Translater because I come from Germany ...

I want to try to explain it again ...

In my opinion, the SC comes out justified in all of my examples. This means that it is okay in the positions of the eliminated cars I have described if an SC comes out.

The mistake, in my opinion, is that at least one AI car has an engine failure in EVERY race! That is the real reason for an SC! This means that the team (Codemasters) should significantly reduce the likelihood of engine damage! At least from the third season.

So again: The position of the eliminated AI cars justify an SC. Only every race comes out because at least one AI car is eliminated in every race, mostly with engine damage!

So the approach must be not to patch the frequency of the SC, but the engine damage of the AI cars!

Was that understandable now?😪

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Magic1111 said:

The mistake, in my opinion, is that at least one AI car has an engine failure in EVERY race! That is the real reason for an SC! This means that the team (Codemasters) should significantly reduce the likelihood of engine damage! At least from the third season. 

Absolutely.

The 18 game was the same in terms of AI retirements due to engine/mechanical failure.

The failure rate of the AI is far too high compared to real life F1. Cars don't fail that often, Renault had its issues with the the energy recovery system in the 19 season causing several retirements over a short period of gps. Other teams suffered perhaps 2 or 3 failures in the whole season, moreover the teams, often seeing the problem early in telemetry and realising continuing would result in terminal failure, would retire the car to the pits. A slow car on track may bring out a yellow flag but not a SC or VSC. An AI car never retires to the pits in game.

However should the above be addressed the safety car will never be seen again, in single player that is. Simple reason being that the AI don't make mistakes and seem to be pretty much immune to damage compared to the players car.

More work needs to be done for the SC to work correctly and the issue is not just confined to the deployment algorithm in the game as codemasters seem to think. The fix codemasters have implemented only goes to highlight deeper issues with the game, which I may add, have already been mentioned multiple times and over several game releases on this forum.

Edited by ChasteWand

13 hours ago, Magic1111 said:

@BarryBL

Thanks for reply mate!

Maybe it's the language or I wasn't clear ... I write a lot with Google Translater because I come from Germany ...

I want to try to explain it again ...

In my opinion, the SC comes out justified in all of my examples. This means that it is okay in the positions of the eliminated cars I have described if an SC comes out.

So again: The position of the eliminated AI cars justify an SC. Only every race comes out because at least one AI car is eliminated in every race, mostly with engine damage!

So the approach must be not to patch the frequency of the SC, but the engine damage of the AI cars!

Was that understandable now?😪

Thanks for the clarification @Magic1111, I was going all race steward for a second there!

I can raise this to the developers to let them have a look and a discussion about the frequency of AI engine failures for sure.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

More work needs to be done for the SC to work correctly and the issue is not just confined to the deployment algorithm in the game as codemasters seem to think. The fix codemasters have implemented only goes to highlight deeper issues with the game, which I may add, have already been mentioned multiple times and over several game releases on this forum.

Hi @ChasteWand

Much like how @Magic1111 has correctly raised and debated an issue, do you have any examples from F1 2019 you have experienced on this topic that you can add to the discussion? As mentioned earlier, we took the initial feedback (which was no SC at all) and tried to find a way to improve overall game experience for the player which, from most examples, it has done.

If you have any issues where you feel a discussion can be had, please follow others examples and post a bug report using the correct methods.  

On 4/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, AcidBurn247 said:

In our 3 x Belgium League Races in the last week , ANY DNF at Au Rouge resulted in a SC. There is HUGE pieces of Runoff Tarmac left and right , so not sure its warranted.

Just throwing it out there.

Hi @AcidBurn247, do you have video's on this? "Throwing it out there" is great, but a video showing us where, what and why is even better.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @ChasteWand

Much like how @Magic1111 has correctly raised and debated an issue, do you have any examples from F1 2019 you have experienced on this topic that you can add to the discussion? As mentioned earlier, we took the initial feedback (which was no SC at all) and tried to find a way to improve overall game experience for the player which, from most examples, it has done.

If you have any issues where you feel a discussion can be had, please follow others examples and post a bug report using the correct methods.  

Sorry no can do, I don't have the 19 game, I have every other in the series, but after 15 I have purchased second hand. I have become rather disillusioned with the series. If you read my post above there is enough information, if you are observant enough, to test yourself. I seem to remember you have a single player game save...

We, the customers have done enough testing and bug reporting for you, posted our results on the forum, and paid our money year on year for the pleasure of doing so. Only for you not to listen.  Moreover bugs and issues fixed in one release reappear in the next and the frustrations begin again!

If you send me a free copy (xbox pls) I'll gladly test the game for you and send my feedback.

🤔😁

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @AcidBurn247, do you have video's on this? "Throwing it out there" is great, but a video showing us where, what and why is even better.

Hi Barry  , no I dont , as its not my accidents, but other Drivers bugger ups.

I will start asking the guys to give on board footage, what is the easiest way to get a video on here ?

We normally record the footage on the PS4 , and then replay it and record it again on the Phone and send a Whatsapp.

How do I then get the footage on here , I see Max File Size is 48 Mb , that is very Small when videos are submitted.

1 hour ago, AcidBurn247 said:

Hi Barry  , no I dont , as its not my accidents, but other Drivers bugger ups.

I will start asking the guys to give on board footage, what is the easiest way to get a video on here ?

We normally record the footage on the PS4 , and then replay it and record it again on the Phone and send a Whatsapp.

How do I then get the footage on here , I see Max File Size is 48 Mb , that is very Small when videos are submitted.

Hi @AcidBurn247,

You could link them via YouTube and I can look from there

Posted (edited)

Wont work , as most drivers dont all have Youtube accounts where its uploaded.

Will go the Whatsapp sent videos route.

First (2) Videos of the same incident, in a F2 50 % Race Distance , Driver pitted under SC  , and then one the 2nd video you will see that he was disqualified from the Race for some unknown reason. Sanction mentions Tyres issue , but you can clearly see that he started off on Red , and changed to yellow...

He went through his whole race footage , and could not find why this happened.

We have also ascertained that you cannot pit under VSC in F2 , suppose its a rule in F2

Edited by AcidBurn247

Posted (edited)

Next up , another F2 50 %  Race at Spain , myself crashing out , triggering SC that I dont believe is neccesary, car parked in the wall off track :

Now when I load an MP4 file , it only copies the Audio !! Dammit.

Edited by AcidBurn247

Trying again , and NOT able to delete the above stupid posts , if anybody knows how , please advise .

For some reason , my mp4 files now only plays audio when uploading it , frustrating forum to say the least !

Sitting and waiting for 35 Mb to upload , and after finally done with it after 10 minutes, only hearing Audio.

Strangely  , on my own side , I can play the video with a whole host of video players, all 100 % happy.

Posted (edited)

First race of a new career season and there was a Safety Car. I hadn't played the game since the patch increased the frequency of it coming out and I had liked not having it come out every race, like it did on F1 2016.

Hamilton had an engine failure just after turn 2, but instead of parking up off the circuit straight away, he continued towards turn 3 and caused three other cars to crash. That could have been avoided if the game was programmed so that AI cars drive off the track rather than keep going.

Edited by WestHam66

Next up , in the F2 50 % League more Safety Car issues :

Why is the Driver allowed by Codemasters , to overtake under Yellow Flag , whilst the big notice above says you are NOT allowed.

No In-game sanction was received by the overtaking Driver.

Would appreciate some feedback after Easter from Codemasters on the videos provided as requested by @BarryBL

May I check what damage settings are required for safety car appearance? 

I haven't played since Jan and started a new career ytd using Williams. So far no safety car but I enabled simulation as the damage but not too sure whether I'm on the right option

From this thread, it looks like most people now have a lot of SC appearances in their career modes.

For me that's not really the case. In almost a full season after patch 1.20 (50%, AI around 106), I had a single SC deployed (I paused the game right after an AI retirement and the moment I continued the SC message appeared, don't know if it had something to do with that), although in most races I had 1 to 3 retirements. All because of engine failures but more than enough in places that would justify a VSC or SC.

Anyone else has this behavior? I even tried it out with in a new career save, an AI even had an engine failure right before the castle section and parked it very close to the racing line in Baku but still, only a local yellow.

Has been weirdly inconsistent for me. Completed a full season on 50% races with Full damage and had multiple safety cars and VSCs every single race. Now up to Monaco doing 100% races on Simulation damage and haven’t had a safety car at all.  Definitely enjoying not having it appear every race at the moment and seems to be working well for me now. 

Does anyone know which damage modes trigger safety car? Would like some in Williams game. Had an engine failure and yellow flags were raised. 

22 minutes ago, JonMo said:

Does anyone know which damage modes trigger safety car? Would like some in Williams game. Had an engine failure and yellow flags were raised. 

You don't need any specific damage mode, as long as you have the safety car option turned on the game will deploy the safety car if it deems it appropriate 

1 minute ago, Camza2011 said:

You don't need any specific damage mode, as long as you have the safety car option turned on the game will deploy the safety car if it deems it appropriate 

Thanks for the reply. Read somewhere that simulation damage was most likely but dk how true is that. 

We just had the 2nd instance in a Race of F2 Online , where some guys that Pitted under SC gets Disqualified for not using the right Tyre combo, and other that pitted on a different SC nothing happens to them.

The Safety Car for F2 is really buggered.

We Start off With Soft Tyres, then goes to Pit under Sc for Yellow Tyres , and the somehow the Game doesnt allow it and requires us to Pit again.

Some feedback on this would be appreciated from @BarryBL , maybe F2 Rules works totally Different ?

29 minutes ago, AcidBurn247 said:

We just had the 2nd instance in a Race of F2 Online , where some guys that Pitted under SC gets Disqualified for not using the right Tyre combo, and other that pitted on a different SC nothing happens to them.

The Safety Car for F2 is really buggered.

We Start off With Soft Tyres, then goes to Pit under Sc for Yellow Tyres , and the somehow the Game doesnt allow it and requires us to Pit again.

Some feedback on this would be appreciated from @BarryBL , maybe F2 Rules works totally Different ?

In F2 there are two circumstances where a pitstop does not count towards the mandatory pitstop, these are . pitting before lap 6 (so lap 3 if you are doing 50% races) and if you pit under VSC conditions.

Thanks alot for that crucial Feedback , as we in fact had to Pit Lap 1 , after SC Deployment in a 50 % Race.

That explains why the guys that went with the 2nd SC Deployment on Lap 8 , was all good.

Thanks again !!!